Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it looks like SB is saying he met them in Orlando, I bet they formally retained local counsel too. That is the proper way to represent someone outside of your state or practice area - you are allowed to partner with someone in the jurisdiction and continue to work on the case.
Good point I like this opinion. Thanks!

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

097BED78-481F-4D49-B232-4BBCEBC4F1C7.jpeg
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441155529393389568?s=21

The question is: did Brian’s parents help him get away?

“If they knew what happened, and they intended to protect their son from detection in some way whether they’re helping him escape or hiding him, then yes they can be arrested an accessory after the fact,” justice studies professor Pamella Seay said.

Seay said when it comes to possible murder, there is no parent-child privilege in court. While the Laundries have the right to remain silent, they do not have the right to hide their son.

“You can’t run away, you can’t hide, that’s what has occurred here is that Brian Laundrie has totally disappeared,” Seay said. “If these parents have protected their son inappropriately, they could look at anywhere from 5 to 15 years of prison or probation.”
Can Brian Laundrie's parents be charged? You asked, we answered
Does BL have to be charged with murder first before this comes into play? As a POI, is he obligated to come forward on his own, or for his parents to provide info?

The question is: did Brian’s parents help him get away?

“If they knew what happened, and they intended to protect their son from detection in some way whether they’re helping him escape or hiding him, then yes they can be arrested an accessory after the fact,” justice studies professor Pamella Seay said.

Seay said when it comes to possible murder, there is no parent-child privilege in court. While the Laundries have the right to remain silent, they do not have the right to hide their son.

“You can’t run away, you can’t hide, that’s what has occurred here is that Brian Laundrie has totally disappeared,” Seay said. “If these parents have protected their son inappropriately, they could look at anywhere from 5 to 15 years of prison or probation.”
Can Brian Laundrie's parents be charged? You asked, we answered
This part is important:

"Seay said when it comes to possible murder, there is no parent-child privilege in court. While the Laundries have the right to remain silent, they do not have the right to hide their son."

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself: Manhunt enters fifth day
Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in nature reserve

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

[BL went camping with his parents when he got home. Obviously it wasn't a planned trip, because trailers are usually hooked up and ready to go.
Anyways, they returned 2 days later. Did BL return with them? Did the trailer return with them?]

I brought the above question over from last thread. There never was a trailer. They don’t even have a tow package for their pickup truck.

The Laundries have a camper that fits into and on top of the bed of their trailer and that camper is currently detached from truck and sitting in their driveway.

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

View attachment 314271
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441155529393389568?s=21

So now it really starts. No wonder his parents are meeting with lawyers. They are probably concerned the next indictment could be theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member