Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard of it before this case either! I heard JB on WFLA say that NewsNation is a parent company or under the same parent company. The other day I checked NewsNation out on mediabias & they came back "least biased" so I reckoned that's a good thing!

That sounds good to me! And, Entin has been doing a great job of reporting.

I tried to go thru & look but this is a lot lol…so forgive me if someone already asked. & this could already be true & I just missed it. But does this warrant/charge now allow the US Marshalls to get involved with looking for BL?

That one's been bugging me, too, because according to the power company, all electricity was restored in SLC by 6PM on the 20th, and the UberEats order was on the 21st. It just didn't line up.

I think the poster who speculated it was a kind gesture from her father to cheer his daughter up probably had the right of it. Not because the power was out right then but because it had been out, she was alone and feeling down.

The point is if they could prove he knew she was dead we’d already have a murder charge. But we don’t. Because they can’t. And if they can’t prove he knew she was at the very least dead when he took the van back to FL there’s gonna be an issue. Because yeah, returning to FL in her van without her is shady, but his lawyer will make excuses for it and prosecutors will need to prove against those things. It just doesn’t bode well (at the moment) for them pinning her murder on him in the future if the best they got right now is credit card fraud.

we really don't know what the FBI knows that hasn't been made public at this point...

This is an interesting point, actually. Why wouldn't they have charged him with hijacking her car to begin with? Particularly once they found Gabby.

They've been quite cautious and calculated with announcing information/charges. Much better here to wait a couple days to get pretty unassailable evidence of something with brighter lines of criminal activity.

As a side note, how lame is this guy that he either didn't think to use his own cards or didn't have enough money on his own to get around?

Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve enters fifth day: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

North Port Police call off Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie for the day

The ground search in the Carlton has been halted for the day. Nothing found," North Port Police said. "We will be back at it Friday. A federal arrest warrant has now been issued for Brian Laundrie. Please see @FBIDenver for details."

Laundrie family lawyer responds to FBI arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie
“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise," Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum.”

The FBI announced the arrest warrant on Thursday.

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter.

READ: FBI releases copy of arrest warrant filed for Brian Laundrie

FBI issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter Thursday evening.

Fox News Digital reporters confront Laundries as they return home from Orlando road trip

Arresting Brian Laundrie's parents 'could be tricky' if no further evidence presented
It "could be tricky" for law enforcement to arrest Brian Laundrie's parents for not sharing information with law enforcement if no further evidence is presented against them, according to a Florida-based criminal defense attorney.

Laundrie, 23, is a person of interest in the FBI's investigation into deceased 22-year-old Gabby Petito's disappearance and homicide.

"If the parents lawyered up very early on and they haven't really made any statements other than to friends prior to this becoming an investigation [into] Brian Laundrie, then it may be kind of tricky. It may be difficult because I'm not sure what crime they committed," Ajay Pallegar, managing attorney at Pallegar Law in Tampa, Florida, told Fox News.

I found the plastic objection in the body cam video so irritating and insincere. Totally fine with eating yogurt and berries and whatnot, all packaged in plastic, but no, let me virtue signal, repeatedly, that I am a man of such high ethics that I must refuse bottled water. Nevermind consuming gas, etc. Big eyeroll
I talk about the 'plastic' daily...to people who have zero idea or aren't even following it. It just was so weird right? Like he needed the LE to shade his bald head, GP was on her 2nd or 3rd bottle and they were going to fill their 6 gallon jug!! Why not drink the water--I actually thought at that time he didn't want his DNA on anything.. I'm so thankful you brought up the plastic. I can exhale now :)

It's not that far, and I bet they were glad to get away for awhile. But they should be meeting with investigators. They are just making things worse for themselves by not fully cooperating with the FBI and LE. They will pay for this lack of cooperation, IMO
Ita.
Aiding and abetting ?
Since they're not out searching in the swamp for their son, it makes it look like they might know where he is ?
LE can't be too happy about that if true.
Cough him up, Laundrie parents ; if you know.
It's going to make it so that you'll all three be arrested if they find him hidden somewhere, and you're involved !
Imo.

Last edited:
<modsnip> How can you just sit in your house instead of helping look for your "missing" son? They know exactly where Brian is! I hope they cannot leave their house without being followed!
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This indictment gives the Fed namely the Secret Service at lot of investigative powers IMO.

I am not a lawyer, but I can look up the code that he is indicted under and infer some things.

18 U.S. Code § 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

"
(d)
The United States Secret Service shall, in addition to any other agency having such authority, have the authority to investigate offenses under this section. Such authority of the United States Secret Service shall be exercised in accordance with an agreement which shall be entered into by the Secretary of the Treasury and the Attorney General.
"

Seems like this will allow access to the family financials because of....

"
(b)
(2)
Whoever is a party to a conspiracy of two or more persons to commit an offense under subsection (a) of this section, if any of the parties engages in any conduct in furtherance of such offense, shall be fined an amount not greater than the amount provided as the maximum fine for such offense under subsection (c) of this section or imprisoned not longer than one-half the period provided as the maximum imprisonment for such offense under subsection (c) of this section, or both.
"

IMO, this really really turns up the heat on his family.

"
(i)
if the offense is under paragraph (1), (2), (3), (6), (7), or (10) of subsection (a), a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both; and
"

"
(C)
in either case, forfeiture to the United States of any personal property used or intended to be used to commit the offense.
"

His parents could be looking at 5 years AND losing everything they own.

Not for someone who just stole more than $1000
I'm not sure about other states but finding a private seller here is a matter of hitting a gun show which occur just about every single weekend around my state.
And very often considerably less money than retail
I just don't see this guy buying a gun. I think he already has a gun imo. Especially with a card that he stole. It will be interesting to see what he bought and how this plays out.

They will still need to prove Brian knew Gabby was dead. That is where their struggling, for whatever reason IMO. Because if they could prove he knew or was involved we’d be seeing an indictment on murder charges, not fraud. That’s not to say they won’t be able to prove it or that he didn’t do it. I just don’t think they have anything that sticks to him right now.

/JMO

You won't see murder charges before the autopsy is final. No way.
So the fact that they haven't dropped those isn't at all surprising and means nothing IMO

If anyone watches "Cold Justice" Kelly Siegler reminds people that circumstantial evidence cases are the best ones. IE using our common sense with all the little pieces.
Exactly! Watched two episodes of it last night. Circumstantial cases are often much STRONGER than direct evidence. DNA doesn't lie. Witness accounts are often unreliable.

Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud

A federal grand jury indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Wyoming alleges Brian Laundrie made unauthorized withdrawals or charges worth more than $1,000 during the period in which Petito went missing. It does not say who the card issued by Capitol One Bank belonged to.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said an arrest warrant issued Wednesday for the alleged fraudulent use of the bank card will allow law enforcement across the country to continue pursuing Laundrie, while the investigation continues into Petito’s homicide.

The indictment says the unauthorized use of the debit card occurred from about Aug. 30 to Sept. 1.

The charge of theft really is brilliant- the amount makes it a felony (Grand Theft)
They've been quite cautious and calculated with announcing information/charges. Much better here to wait a couple days to get pretty unassailable evidence of something with brighter lines of criminal activity.

As a side note, how lame is this guy that he either didn't think to use his own cards or didn't have enough money on his own to get around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member