Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone actually seen footage of BL after September 1st?

September 1- BL is back in FL
September 1-9th - Neighborhood sees family taking bike rides
September 5-7?- Neighbors see CL packing up camper.
September 9-12?- BL and parents go “camping”
MEDIA IS OUT FRONT OF LAUNDRIES HOME (dates this starts?)
September 11- GP reported missing
September 14 -BL leaves home no wallet, no phone
September 16 - Body cam footage was released by Moab Police
September 17 - BL Parents reported BL missing

Looking at the dates it “seems” like RL and CL’s actions are all within a day or two of major media reports.

Is this just a reoccurring coincidence or planned behavior?
How is there no photos or videos of BL in Florida, only “reports” he was there? Not one media person has video of BL?

IMO something is definitely off with these facts here. NPPD never spoke to BL by all articles and accounts I’ve read dating back to when this began. I sure hope FBI is looking into this.

years ago I worked at Panther Success, juvenile detention certain build t the edge of a swam here in Florida, one late afternoon two teenage boys escaped over the fence, razor wire and all, we knew that all hat as back there was swamp so LE decided to just station a deputy a the back of the swamps and on each side.....they were gone the entire night but by the next morning they were standing back up by the fence wanting back in.....they looked in pretty bad shape and couldnt wait for that gate to open so they could get back in their cells. ......and thats probably all i can say about these florida swamps!!!
l

They had it, they just ignored it or the part where he was hitting her. He gave them the number plate of the van.

What I thought was also interesting is that Brian was not even fined for speeding. He was going 45mph in a 15mph zone. Then he got a free night in an hotel as well! I live in Australia and he would not have got away with that here.

Hey A2Fem I was born and grew up there! In a small village now about 25 mi from A2. Yes ranger said she hadn't looked at bodycam video....weird that she did not publish, but maybe it is evidence of some sort? JMO

Howdy neighbor! :D

I'm trying to understand the relevance, now, about the body cam and what occurred during the alleged DV call.

GP was murdered. BL is the POI for the murder. Without knowing all the info LE encountered the day of the alleged DV, it is virtually impossible to piece together what occurred. The speculation is only limited by our imagination, experience and opinion. JMO

BL is missing. Finding BL is the priority at this point, IMO.

What I thought was also interesting is that Brian was not even fined for speeding. He was going 45mph in a 15mph zone. Then he got a free night in an hotel as well! I live in Australia and he would not have got away with that here.

I think the cops were looking to give them a break considering they were a young couple fighting, hence why they didn't take any legal action at all IMO.

<modsnip>

The former female FBI agent that Entin interviewed said she thinks the items w DNA that they received today were probably more related to the autopsy analysis than to Brian's disappearance....not written in stone, just what her thought is. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Question-
If they are using his DNA for anything in regards to Gabby's body that would have to presume a sealed warrant, correct? Otherwise, that would be a breach? You can't just run anyone's DNA through CODIS without cause, correct?

But we also see her clutching her own arms tight. The dispatch says "hit female." But the marks are not consistent with being "hit." Then, Gabby admits to scratching, slapping and punching Brian - and lo, there is unmistakable evidence of the scratching. Brian admits to "smooshing" her in the face, but all of Gabby's face is pretty pink and splotchy from crying - no evidence of actual bruises.

The Ranger spoke to Gabby before Gabby died - Gabby is sitting in the back of the squad car.

The Ranger did not speak to Gabby after Gabby was dead. You can see her in the bodycam video - she was there. The interview in Deseret News was published later, that's all.
The fingermarks above her elbow are going in the wrong direction from her squeezing her arms and the first call said the were running and he continued to slap her. I assume that the red hand marks were from him grabbing her to slap her as she ran from him.
I meant the ranger said that she gave Gabby advice after Gabby had been murdered.
Not that she gave her advice after she was murdered. She talked about the advice after she gave her, but we have no proof of that.

That's because of the circumstances. If he was just speeding for the sake of speeding, he would have been citied. I think it was chalked up to the fight that they believed took place when he was driving.

I agree with you. I think in the coming years this bodycam video will be played to all new LE officers as part of their training on not what to do in such a situation.
Like start with the earliest available account of the turmoil, 911 where he is beating her, don't count on which of the parties is a glad hander vs which party appears to be sobbing and destroyed. Also arrest people who are speeding. I can just imagine how Gabby felt when the officer opened the squad car door and said magnanimously....well we won't arrest you for domestic violence. What could she have been thinking, when he started the violence, was speeding, reckless driving, trying to steal her van, and so forth. The whole time they had been ragging on HER.

The samples with Brian's DNA:

I think it's to match up to DNA found at the crime scene ...maybe something that was not on Gabby's person, like an oddly placed sharp rock...

Or, you don't suppose they found some decomposed human remains in that swamp and need to identify?

Just thinking out loud.

Either of these scenarios could be true!
It could also be that they have found items of interest somewhere in the swamp that are not in the form of remains- and maybe they want to test to see if he has actually been out there?

AMOO MOO JMO

After watching the body cam I worry that, in BL’s mind, he has the support of the police, almost a validation from them. Who knows how that may have affected his future actions.

It’s just so tragic.

My late husband was a police officer so I tend to err on the side of supporting LE. But not this time. This time I think they really screwed up.

MOO

Hearing Gabby say "juice bar" to the police officer reveals just how young she was. She had saved up money, showed a real propensity to produce above average videos suggesting a potential career in producing similar things, and had a real bright affect.

She also was dating / in love with a total dud who was draining / feeding on her positive outlook. Brain was probably quite jealous of Gabby's bright future, and quite frightened that probably sooner or later she would determine that that bright future would be brighter without him.

BL was a dud, but not an idiot. If you see that the best thing in your life is passing you by, you try to destroy that person's bright path - at least a sociopath would. So he likely on an incremental basis just cut her down day by day / hour by hour (e.g., her little blog project").

The sad thing is that there were probably 2 potential results for the GB trip with BL: 1) she realizes he is not a viable future path for her, or 2) BL realizes that she is starting to realize he ain't the one - and did what he could to prevent that outcome.

She was probably starting to figure this out...sadly, he probably figured it out before she did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff