Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for lowering the tone a little but I wondered if they might have found what they think are human fecal ‘deposits’ in the reserve and might be trying to verify if they are his. Sorry, I hope nobody’s eating while they read this.

The guessing is getting a bit ridiculous now. Do you really believe his bath sponge is sopping wet 2 weeks later and that the FBI would wrap said wet sponge in brown paper? moo.

No one has suggested it was"sopping wet", just merely damp or moist.

How long would a damp sponge take to dry in a damp bathroom in a humid Florida in late summer?
That's a gunuine question because I've never been to Florida so I have no idea how humid it is.

What makes you think the officers had heard either 911 call in its entirety? Officers get dispatched to follow a particular call, for a suspected particular crime, they don't get tons of details - there's another call coming in. They get dispatched, not briefed.
That's true -- we know that they, in fact, hadn't heard the 911 call when they got to the scene. But we also know that the dispatcher indicated they were being dispatched to help with an incident involving male on female violence.

The 911 caller gave his phone number, and the LE officers appear not to have followed up with that witness, because there's nothing about it in the report (not even an indication that dispatch had told them that the male was the aggressor, even though we know the dispatcher did).

No one has suggested it was"sopping wet", just merely damp or moist.

How long would a damp sponge take to dry in a damp bathroom in a humid Florida in late summer?
That's a gunuine question because I've never been to Florida so I have no idea how humid it is.
Prolly about three days. I’ll make a not so wild guess that the house is air conditioned which lowers interior humidity.

I'm cracking up! And yes , the plate.. thought of that.
Same same. Zeroed right in on that plate although i'm sure it's been there in countless other pics.

I did learn that you can have tattoos in the FBI unless they are distracting to the case and they should be covered. Based on this. . . IMO this was an impromptu visit . Nice sleeve though for sure.

I really don’t see that at all, and I’m trying to look at it from the perspective of not knowing anything about either of them. LE handled things poorly in general, and the only thing she said she did was hit his arm. He concurred, and also said she had scratched him after THEY asked him if she had first, but there’s nothing to back up that she scratched him with her phone, nor did she say she had done so. We do know that he had taken her phone away from her, even though he lied and behaved as if they both shared her phone.

Witnesses had called LE to investigate because they had seen him behaving aggressively toward her, and not until other way around. The most that they could come up with regarding her abusing actions toward him was that she hit his arm (not punched or hurt him) that there were little marks on his face that LE attributed to her, and that she wouldn’t give him space, or walk away from him to “cool off” because she probably didn’t appreciate being locked out of her van. None of that indicates her hurting him enough to be taken to jail.
I don’t even really disagree with you. No one was taken to jail. They were given a “time out” (for lack of a better term) that they both needed. In hindsight we can of course argue mistakes were made. But in that moment I think it’s very unfair to fault the actions of law enforcement. Just my opinion, of course.

SEP 26, 2021
Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female | Fox News
[...]

"RP (reporting party) states a seeing male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on they day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

[...]

After an officer asks for the witness’ phone number and victim location, the dispatcher again indicates that Laundrie had struck Petito.

"Phone number is [redacted], name’s [redacted]," the dispatcher responds at 4:42 p.m. "I’m not sure [inaudible], but the female who got hit, they both, the male and the female, both got into the van and headed north."

Audio on the bodycam recording begins at 4:44 p.m.

[...]

As I thought. The dispatcher did nothing wrong.

IMO LE did the best they could. Situations involving DV can be complicated and difficult to assess. We can't expect LE to be mind readers or psychologists.
I agree that they may have done the best they could, but DV victims need better than that, IMO. Better training, would help. Dispatching social workers to such incidents may also help. LE are asked to do a lot of things that they probably shouldn't be asked to do. We don't expect them to fight fires, there are other people trained and equipped to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26