Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear the way he described it to the cops? Extremely DISMISSIVE that's the point. And what was HE doing to finance the trip?

5:15 She really gets worked up sometimes and I try to distance myself..I locked the (HER) car and walked away from her..what happened this morning is that she's trying to set up her own little website blog and everything, I GAVE HER TIME....(trails off, as knows how that sounds).....We really had a nice morning.....(but she said they were fighting all morning)........
They’re so young. Have you been young and stupid? Personally putting myself in his shoes at that moment (which I HATE doing) … I get it.

bbm
Yep, that's my worry, but I'm hoping in they did that, that the FBI would jump all over them -- if they can prove it.

That's what I was thinking too. It could have even been a test to see if the parents would give them something with Brian's DNA on it. Imagine it would be good for the Grand Jury.

Attachments

• FBI at Laundrie house for DNA items - Mustang Plates 9.26.2021.png
    FBI at Laundrie house for DNA items - Mustang Plates 9.26.2021.png
    786.5 KB · Views: 96
True. But in doing so, they ignored the least biased account of what happened, which was what the person who saw it happening saw and reported to 911 right away, as close as possible to the time when it was happening. LE gave more weight to what a DV and her aggressor said during the stop, and a written account that happened hours later. We know that DV victims and aggressors don't always give accurate accounts. The only person whose account had no real agenda and no time to have memory distortions was the person who called 911. Which we now know was accurately relayed to the officers.

As someone with expertise in memory, it's fascinating to me. The officers unconsciously edited their memory of the dispatch call to conform with the narrative that they jointly constructed, in collaboration with the DV victim and aggressor, at the scene. Aside from being tragic, it's also a fascinating example of the reconstructive nature of memory, and how biases enter narratives about events.

What makes you think the officers had heard either 911 call in its entirety? Officers get dispatched to follow a particular call, for a suspected particular crime, they don't get tons of details - there's another call coming in. They get dispatched, not briefed.

Then, when they get to the suspect(s), they use their eyes. Is there physical evidence of abuse? They probably expected to find some on Gabby, but did not. Instead, they find it on BL. Not what they were expecting...the Ranger can see the bigger picture, which is why she says what she says.

Even if every officer had some intuition that BL was the real problem (they couldn't deny that there was evidence of Gabby attacking Brian and she admits more than once to slapping and punching him), they had no basis on which to arrest him (and they knew the score - they didn't want to arrest Gabby!) So they do what they can to mollify and calm down the man in the couple (they know he's been a jerk in Moab) and separate the couple.

The Ranger even gave specific clues to Gabby (it's toxic).

Gabby Petito case: Florida cowboy says 'no surviving' swamp where police are searching for Brian Laundrie

Florida cattle rancher Alan McEwen has spent nearly every day of the last 30 years navigating the woods where Brian Laundrie is suspected of hiding and says it's not conducive to habitation.

"There’s no surviving out here, I don’t know how to say it," McEwen told Fox News Digital.

Laundrie’s survival skills have been at the center of conversation since the 23-year-old’s parents first reported him missing Friday, Sept. 17, just two days after he was declared a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée, Gabby Petito. The couple were traveling across the country in the weeks leading up to Petito's death.

McEwen, who has been assisting North Port Police Department in searching the preserve for signs of Laundrie, remains doubtful the Youtuber has what it takes to make it more than a couple of days in the swamp-like reserve.

"I’ve been in the woods in and out all my life … I have learned a lot in my life, and one thing I know is no one is gonna survive out there for two weeks on foot," McEwen said.
exactly what i say and will continue to say....he aint in there still just walking around and hiding!

Is it just me…..or does whatever he has in his hand wrapped in brown paper……,looks like partsof the paper are wet…..some areas are darker than others..

Yep, that's because there's a bath sponge (or whatever you call them in America) in the bag.

The guessing is getting a bit ridiculous now. Do you really believe his bath sponge is sopping wet 2 weeks later and that the FBI would wrap said wet sponge in brown paper? moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969