Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, where I live, within 5 miles is close and we do call it down the street. I guess people who live in different areas consider distance differently.
But what were any of them doing there on Sept 18th, I believe the report said 11:22 pm? There’s nothing to do there. It’s got nothing but trees. Middle of nothing. Why is one or all three there for a police incident? Does anyone here work in LE? Can anyone read between the lines and suggest what it means?

I truly didn't realize how close the Ft. Desoto campsite was to boating/boats.
The place is practically a marina! Boats floating RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR TENT. Ft. Desoto is basically a giant dock that allows campers. You can BOAT and CAMP at the same time, no need to compromise!
I included two pictures from the Friends of Ft. Desoto website. Look how close you can camp right next to a waiting boat! Also, the camp store has a camera that might have captured something.

My fiance saw the camp and amentities and is now convinced that BL took a boat to Mexico, is in AL or TX or even on a reservation.

Can anyone please confirm the name of the street or road where police found the abandoned Mustang and ticketed it? I’m struggling to find that info but I know it’s out there.

It's not delmar or the crossroad in the redacted police report about the suspicious incident. As I recall, its the street where the park leading to the reserve is located and it starts with an R and it's in a different one of the three redacted police reports.

Eta: its Reisterstown Road

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

They could very well have left the campground early, for whatever reason. The reservation documents don't prove they were there the whole time.
Did they talk to anyone while there? Did witnesses see BL there?
So far just this one person who was at the campground a few doors down, so to speak, and he said he saw the camper and truck but didn't interact with anyone. I don't know what he means by "interact" and the article doesn't go any farther.

I'm watching 1975 movie, Night Moves, this scene just took me by surprise. They tag their locations in the water with an empty gallon milk container. That's where they retrieve their items underwater. I've never seen a floating milk jug before that boat clip. So weird.

I did do an entire search of their hikes and he did hike the AT twice that I've been able to see. One was to climb Dragon's Tooth at the George Washington Jefferson Forest in VA and another time last year he took Gabby out on her birthday and did a hike somewhere in GA.

It seems like there are a lot of photos of their trips and yet there weren't any of his so called hikes on the AT. Acquaintances have mentioned him discussing it but it could be all talk.

so impressed with all of you watching the patterns and reporting

just got to be careful have to know what you are looking at, is it a flight school? is it a missing swimmer or boat? is it a news chopper?

ill give an example right at the top of Florida in to AL today there was 20 blackhawks and fighter jets flying around, minutes after i saw them on the radar someone in twitter said this was the military searching for BL

it wasn't there is a military flight school up there Fort Ruck and they were doing their normal training lol

He claimed to have been there for three months and lived on crackers and peanut butter cookies. I don't know which section though.
If he's hiking for 3 months, it's likely he did more than a small section. In general, people don't tend to camp in a stationary position on the trail. I don't know if you're a hiker yourself, but through hikers often life on stuff like peanut butter cookies and granola, and have severe cravings at the end of their hikes.

I guess the bigger question is, why do you doubt his story? (I'm asking sincerely).

It seems like there are a lot of photos of their trips and yet there weren't any of his so called hikes on the AT. Acquaintances have mentioned him discussing it but it could be all talk.
Yeah, I haven't found any indication that he did a weekslong hike of the AT. Most people sign logbooks along the way, or it seems like there would be some pics or something, but I've found nothing other than those two times with Gabby.

It's so windy and backed up with traffic and construction these days I think it takes a lot longer than it used to. But with COVID they are restricting park permits and camp permits, so maybe it's not that bad the last 2 years.

Google Maps? Ahwanee to Tuolumne Meadows. 56 miles, 1.5 hrs, one way. I just looked it up because I didn't remember, just remembered that it was very long and not doable for us the last time we were there in June. I have stayed twice there. Sorry, we are going completely OT here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0