Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a loss with, "... last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park ..." Wouldn't that be after BL was picked up hitchhiking by the two ladies? I wonder if that could be wrong.
HER phone was used at 7am on the 30th...it was a text. She was not SEEN. jmo
If her mom actually used the word "seen" or "saw" then she misspoke, because the last time she saw Gabby was on facetime ( I think) on the 25th. Could be mom misspoke or whoever wrote the report did.

Last edited:
they use the floating plastic jugs as bumpers when docking. Or some use them to set a mooring.

I'm watching 1975 movie, Night Moves, this scene just took me by surprise. They tag their locations in the water with an empty gallon milk container. That's where they retrieve their items underwater. I've never seen a floating milk jug before that boat clip. So weird.

I totally hear you. No offense to anybody and not trying to be rude but I've been a member here for almost 20 years and this is got to be one of the most out of hand discussions I've ever seen. And I've seen some crazy ones. Some of the assumptions that have been made about different family members involved here blow my mind. We have no idea what really happened or the dynamics between any of these people. I just have to keep biting my tongue and scrolling along.

FWIW, I agree!

Thanks. Tonight on HLN a man was discussing the AT in Georgia. He was saying that every 30 miles or so there were places close to get food. Also along the trail were drop boxes accessible to the hikers for mail and packages. He made it sound as if it was very doable and not too difficult on that part of the trail.
It's pretty much like that throughout. However those areas are heavily trafficked and a person would have noticed Brian if he were there now. As for the his story that he was on the AT for months and surviving only on peanut butter and crackers, that's unlikely. The energy that it takes to walk miles every day on the AT requires more sustenance that peanut butter and crackers for days on end.

Well, AT hikers don't "live off the land". They hike through the land, on minimal provisions and minimal shelter.

At this point, he has managed to evade serious efforts by the FBI to find him. Not sure why everyone doesn't believe Gabby's friends, that he's capable of navigating the wilderness.

Murderer that he is.

Her friend said they thought he could survive in the outdoors because he had hiked the AT. I agree that they don't live off of the land on AT. I think he likely exaggerated his capabilities. IMO.

It's pretty much like that throughout. However those areas are heavily trafficked and a person would have noticed Brian if he were there now. As for the his story that he was on the AT for months and surviving only on peanut butter and crackers, that's unlikely. The energy that it takes to walk miles every day on the AT requires more sustenance that peanut butter and crackers for days on end.
He did mention that it was crowded and that other hikers should be on the lookout for him.

he may have gone (day) hiking or small camping trips frequently over a period of 3 months and brought peanut butter cookies along as a snack for between meals at restaurants or packed lunches from Mama bear. That's the kernel of truth in the story there.

If he's hiking for 3 months, it's likely he did more than a small section. In general, people don't tend to camp in a stationary position on the trail. I don't know if you're a hiker yourself, but through hikers often life on stuff like peanut butter cookies and granola, and have severe cravings at the end of their hikes.

I guess the bigger question is, why do you doubt his story? (I'm asking sincerely).

Well, AT hikers don't "live off the land". They hike through the land, on minimal provisions and minimal shelter.

At this point, he has managed to evade serious efforts by the FBI to find him. Not sure why everyone doesn't believe Gabby's friends, that he's capable of navigating the wilderness.

Murderer that he is.
One friend, Rose.

She has been coached on what she can and cannot say, we saw that in the interview when she started to say something. stopped herself and said she wasn't supposed to talk about that.
I took it to mean that she'd been asked by the police not to speak on certain things, just like the Petito/Schmidt family has, but of course it could have been her parents.

https://parade.com/1269533/kaigreen/dog-the-bounty-hunter-brian-laundrie-gabby-petito/

Pinellas County Sheriffs said early Tuesday that they weren’t looking where Chapman was and were unaware of any tips regarding the area, but by Tuesday afternoon, the Fort De Soto Park office advised a reporter that all inquiries about Brian Laundrie must now go through the FBI Denver office.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=brian laundrie

Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

Pinellas County sheriffs office says they are NOT working anything at Ft.Desoto. They do NOT have any confirmed sightings of Brian Laundrie and they are UNAWARE of any tips connecting him to the area. This from the Sheriff’s Office.
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon']Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

·
13h

This morning said it was over training

[/URL]
https://twitter.com/8_plamison/status/1442826584398913540?s=20
[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/8_plamison']Eagle 8 WFLA
@8_plamison

·
14h

@WFLA
No Police Activity over Ft. DeSoto Campground or the Park… we will check back.
@BrianEntin
@WFLAJosh
#brianlaundrie
@SheriffPinellas

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJosh']Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
13h

JUST IN. From Pinellas County. #BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito

[/URL]
[/URL]
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/brianlaundrie?src=hashtag_click

If he's hiking for 3 months, it's likely he did more than a small section. In general, people don't tend to camp in a stationary position on the trail. I don't know if you're a hiker yourself, but through hikers often life on stuff like peanut butter cookies and granola, and have severe cravings at the end of their hikes.

I guess the bigger question is, why do you doubt his story? (I'm asking sincerely).
Not OP, but I doubt it too. Even though I have seen it reported that GP went along with this story, that means nothing to me. I'm not allowed to correlate any personal stories apparently, but IME, there's likely plenty of embellishment going on with people like BL.

HER phone was used at 7am on the 30th...it was a text. She was not SEEN. jmo
If her mom actually used the word "seen" or "saw" then she misspoke, because the last time she saw Gabby was on facetime ( I think) on the 25th. Could be mom misspoke or whoever wrote the report did.
Or the person that she gave information to for the missing poster, misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257