Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I haven't found any indication that he did a weekslong hike of the AT. Most people sign logbooks along the way, or it seems like there would be some pics or something, but I've found nothing other than those two times with Gabby.

Agree. And he loved to take pictures of himself posing with nature, so where are the photos of him on the AT?
There is just one of him and he's snuggled under a bunch of blankets eating an apple.

Login • Instagram

EXCLUSIVE: I spoke to the couple who camped right next to the Laundrie family in Fort De Soto Park in early September. We looked back on their photos from the trip with them at their home in Fort Myers tonight. You’ll hear the full story coming up at 11 @NBC2 @ABC7SWFL
View attachment 315221
https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1443041306989768704?s=21

Brian in the background is everything (and it surly looks like him). It's like spotting Bigfoot.

MOO.

oh thanks. I'm not good with dates. Same question - was he seen after the 8th?
I think we're still waiting to find out if he was present the night of the 10th &/or 11th, but the police report is redacted so that won't come out until much later.

Sorry I have to disagree, except for the statement about him still having her phone. The fake text on the 30th shows that he knew she was dead. He then proceeds to use the credit cards and vehicle of a dead woman. That implies consciousness of guilt and it's the actions of many common killers.
Hi @LinasK. I am not here to defend an alternative theory to BL killing GP. I am simply turning the data around to see it from different perspectives... I think the fake text from BL on GP's phone to GP's Mom is not necessarily about consciousness of guilt. It could simply be he wanted to stop the constant buzzing and beeping sounds. He also may have mixed up "Yosemite" from "Yellowstone" where GP apparently (per her Uncle) had told a friend on 8/27 they were heading. Maybe BL was confused. I also think his actions related to using the card and van were like @jamicat said tonight... something they always did as an engaged couple whose lives were already intertwined. It is not like a stranger killed a woman, stole her van and credit card and went on a spending spree. I also think, although we cannot explore the "why" per TOS, there are perhaps differences in how BL perceives and responds to the world around him... not like you or I'd expect a 23 year old to behave. IMO of course.

Well last year they were about 3 miles away from my dad in Marietta Ga.
Pretty place! Not in the deep woods by any means. It's a day trip at best.
View attachment 315220
Login • Instagram

I saw that too, it's Sope Creek, a few miles from where I live. I went to that exact spot where he's standing at the paper mill ruins last year too. It's not a hike in the wildnerness either. It's maybe a 1/2-mile walk from the parking lot through some sparse woods to the river where the ruins are, which are very close to a busy road. I thought it was creepy to see them there since it's so close to where I live.

Maybe it would be helpful to go back to the things we don’t know, to help us stay on track?

We don’t know:
  • How Gabby was killed
  • When Gabby was killed
  • When Brian left to drive home to FL
  • The confirmed timeline of events during Gabby and Brian’s last 3 days in Wyoming (Aug 27-30)
  • Whose credit cards he fraudulently used
  • Whether the 8/30 or 8/27 texts from Gabby’s phone was the last sent, and who sent them
  • What Brian’s parents knew about Gabby’s disappearance prior to Sep 10
  • Whether Brian’s parents know more than us about the homicide
  • What Brian’s parents know about Brian’s whereabouts
  • When Brian’s parents hired the lawyer
  • Where Brian is
  • What Brian’s family dynamic is/was
  • What Brian’s family member’s personalities are
  • Whether Brian is an experienced survivalist or an amateur
  • What information the FBI has that we don’t
Some of this will be really helpful to look at, other stuff not so much (kindly my opinion). Let’s see what we come up with!

Let’s remember that Gabby was found within 8 days of being reported missing. She had been traveling between huge, remote national parks and between states, and we didn’t know where to start looking (or when she was where, in regards to their travel history). There was no help from the last person to see Gabby, and still she was found due to the amazing support and commitment of people spreading the word and working together to compile information and get it out there and sleuth it hard and respectfully and responsibly. This case has actually gone SO WELL, until Brian ran away. He is the key piece, for sure, but we can be too, if we look in the right places and for the information that will serve us. And will serve Gabby.

I saw that too, it's Sope Creek, a few miles from where I live. I went to that exact spot where he's standing at the paper mill ruins last year too. It's not a hike in the wildnerness either. It's maybe a 1/2-mile walk from the parking lot through some sparse woods to the river where the ruins are, which are very close to a busy road. I thought it was creepy to see them there since it's so close to where I live.
And I have also read that the Dragon's Tooth on the AT is a 3.5 hour hike.

I got the impression that the sister was not in the loop. She said she "assumed" he had flown home, so at least at first, she didn't know the van was there -- no reason for her to lie about that, because everyone knows the van was actually there. I would bet that it was a deliberate decision on the part of the parents to shield her so she wouldn't have to lie, and that they thought that the fewer who knew, the better. MOO

Then why didn't she answer phone calls and texts from Gabby's family? Gabby's father tore into her. Nope. Not ready to give her a pass yet.

is it just me, or did we blow past the mom buying a burner phone with brian real quick? that's pretty damning evidence against the parents if they intend to claim they didn't /aren't helping him..
Errrrr.. so fast that I missed it altogether. At the rate we're going, that alone seems worthy of at least five hundred posts.

More details, please! How do we know? Where? When?

agree that some motivation around getting text messages to stop was a combinations of sensory triggers and emotional reaction.

Hi @LinasK. I am not here to defend an alternative theory to BL killing GP. I am simply turning the data around to see it from different perspectives... I think the fake text from BL on GP's phone to GP's Mom is not necessarily about consciousness of guilt. It could simply be he wanted to stop the constant buzzing and beeping sounds. He also may have mixed up "Yosemite" from "Yellowstone" where GP apparently (per her Uncle) had told a friend on 8/27 they were heading. Maybe BL was confused. I also think his actions related to using the card and van were like @jamicat said tonight... something they always did as an engaged couple whose lives were already intertwined. It is not like a stranger killed a woman, stole her van and credit card and went on a spending spree. I also think, although we cannot explore the "why" per TOS, there are perhaps differences in how BL perceives and responds to the world around him... not like you or I'd expect a 23 year old to behave. IMO of course.

oh thanks. I'm not good with dates. Same question - was he seen after the 8th?

There is uncertainty as to who saw BL last. His parents indicate that he was in the house until Tuesday the 14th, I believe. Through their attorney, they reported that he left the house to take a walk in the Carlton Reserve. The missing person report was filed on the 17th, I believe. But Have we verified any date as the last one BL was seen by anyone other than his parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1