Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, no doubt. Deliverance country up by the SC border along the Chattooga is lightly travelled, even in summer. You can go days without passing another hiker.
No Thank You! Riding through that town was a time warp! Very creepy. That was before I found out "Deliverance" was filmed there!
MOO

oh wow, so the hike in Carlton could have been an intentional ploy if he stayed at De Soto on the 8th and hopped a boat to other shores.

There is uncertainty as to who saw BL last. His parents indicate that he was in the house until Tuesday the 14th, I believe. Through their attorney, they reported that he left the house to take a walk in the Carlton Reserve. The missing person report was filed on the 17th, I believe. But Have we verified any date as the last one BL was seen by anyone other than his parents?

I saw that too, it's Sope Creek, a few miles from where I live. I went to that exact spot where he's standing at the paper mill ruins last year too. It's not a hike in the wildnerness either. It's maybe a 1/2-mile walk from the parking lot through some sparse woods to the river where the ruins are, which are very close to a busy road. I thought it was creepy to see them there since it's so close to where I live.
We used to go there when we're were kids. The Sunday School class, the Brownie Troup...
Floating down the Hooch is more impressive! Lol
MOO

is it just me, or did we blow past the mom buying a burner phone with brian real quick? that's pretty damning evidence against the parents if they intend to claim they didn't /aren't helping him..

It has not been confirmed whether or not she bought such a phone. If she did, it appears to be known to LE. Nothing wrong with her having bought one. Her phone number now could be compromised and this would be a quick way to have phone access. It might even be advised by LE

I wonder if BL even had a phone. He might have been sharing with Gabby. And in such a case, his mother may well have gotten him a phone when he returned or given him the phone she got for herself to keep on him. The parents reported that he left for the Carlton Reserve without PHONE or wallet, and that may well be the phone. But the fact of the matter is that the phone is not news to LE if there is one. I suspect one is in the picture. All this MOO

Totally random thought. The campground that they were at is beautiful! I've been watching all the videos of the reporters there and it's so pretty. I should use the excuse that I'm going to go look for BL and go there.
Ft Desoto park has a lot of amenities that would be in walking distance. I used to belong to a walking club that met from all over. We met there and walked for miles, toured the fort part, got ice cream at the little store / snack bar, watched the dogs at the dog beach, etc. BL could blend in and hide out there for awhile. He’d need food or money to buy food at some point tho.

Trying to position the suspicious incident on the 18th in context with the things that happened in days before and immediately after.

14th: Mustang in abandoned vehicle report with time of 14:42. Brian’s dad leaves house in truck around 7pm and returns at some point later on. No Mustang in drive.

15th: Brian Entin has video of Mustang in drive on Wednesday - it’s dark in video but not clear if it’s early morning or evening. (Family later claim to have collected the car on the Thursday 16th)

16th: Body Cam footage released, police presser, Gabby’s family issue public letter asking for help from the Laundries, police say they know where Brian is. Brian Entin tweets that they’ve seen parents come and go some days but haven’t seen Brian. Protests outside Laundrie house.

17th: news emerges of TikTok video of girl claiming to have given Brian a ride at Jackson Dam, vigil for Gabby, Laundries report Brian missing and police turn up to gather evidence, they claim not to have seen him since Tuesday 14th.

18th police start searching Carlton Reserve, Brian Entin says only sighting of a Laundrie was the dad coming out to collect mail, FBI announce ground surveys at Grand Teton,

*suspicious incident at Balboa & Delmar 23:22*

19th: Red, White & Bethune video goes viral. Gabby’s body is located.

Hmm. This is puzzling me a whole lot. And I’m not sure if this adapted timeline is helping me or not but I’ll share it anyway in case it sparks any ideas.

“The family camped from 09-06 to 09-07 and they all left the park,” Bertolino said.
Search for Brian Laundrie: Live updates in Gabby Petito case

He doesn't say how they all left the park or when.

Fort De Soto is a large county park, and looks like a beautiful place to camp, and a very easy place to escape from, if you wanted to.

"Over 7 miles of waterfront, includes almost three miles of beautiful white sandy beach.
[including a] 800-foot-long boat launching facility with eleven floating docks."

Pinellas County, Florida, Park & Conservation Resources - Fort De Soto Park

Also, there are ferry services at the park for those who want to get away by boat.

General Information:
Ferry service to Egmont Key
Ferry service to Shell Key
Rentals-kayaks & bikes 
Fishing Pier Hours:
7 a.m. - sunset

From another source:

"The largest park within the Pinellas County Park System, Fort De Soto park consists of 1,136 acres made up of five interconnected islands (keys)," the website says. "These keys are home to beach plants, mangroves, wetlands, palm hammocks, hardwoods and scores of native plants. Each of these species plays a vital role in the preservation and protection of the natural environment."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: What is Fort De Soto Park?

Sounds like BL's kind of place!

If you put yourself in the position of someone on the run there is NO WAY you would go somewhere you hadn't been before. You would go straight to a place you knew, and where you thought you could hide. Wherever BL is now, IMO he started out in a place he was familiar with and there's every chance he's still there.

I totally hear you. No offense to anybody and not trying to be rude but I've been a member here for almost 20 years and this is got to be one of the most out of hand discussions I've ever seen. And I've seen some crazy ones. Some of the assumptions that have been made about different family members involved here blow my mind. We have no idea what really happened or the dynamics between any of these people. I just have to keep biting my tongue and scrolling along.

This all feels pretty mild to me after the Chris Watts case where the killer had “fans” and the victim was vilified right up until he pleaded guilty. There was a real vein of “he didn’t do it, but if he did it was all her fault”. It was so awful.

Brian & his parents DID camp together & may have been filmed before he vanished

RECORDS SHOW VISIT
On Monday, The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said they are not investigating the area and are unaware of any confirmed sightings of Laundrie, according to local reports.

But this afternoon, ABC7's Daniela Hurtado tweeted that she had acquired documentation from Pinella County Parks that shows Roberta Laundrie checked into Fort De Soto Park on September 6 and checked out on September 8, as Dog claimed.

Hurtado also confirmed Dog's claims that there are cameras at the park and that they're operated by the Pinella Sheriff's office.

"Tried to submit a public records request for the [surveillance] video & the PIO for Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office told me the FBI is handling all inquiries and requests in reference to the case," she tweeted.

"I spoke to FBI reps earlier…they won’t be saying anything and keep referring me to their Twitter."

Dog had also alleged that Laundrie and his family visited Fort De Soto on September 1 to 3, but Hurtado found records to corroborate the claim.

In a statement to WPBF, the Laundrie family's lawyer Steven Bertolino confirmed Brian, Roberta and Chris all visited For De Soto on September 6 but pushed back against Dog's allegations that Brian didn't return home with his parents.

"That dog doesn't know what he's talking about," Bertolino wrote in a texted statement.

"The Laundries had reservations at the campground for September 1 to 3. They canceled those reservations and did not go to the park during that weekend although dog says they did.

"They did go to that campground September 6 and 7 as a family and they all left together despite the claims of others."

Bertolino added that Brian and his parents went to "other places on two different dates" which the FBI is allegedly aware of.

NINTCHDBPICT000683153933.jpg

Nothing new in that NBC 2 broadcast. The family didn't observe anything significant, as the Laundries's kept to themselves.

They showed a photo of their camper, as well as a red pickup.

They seem to think the person in the background was in fact Brian, and I definitely think it was.

Here's the photo again from the previous tweet.

1162FB5C-A76E-4CB9-B920-B11E02A156CD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member