Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, he could disappear forever there, or from there.... Do they check IDs at Disney?
Disney required a photo ID and scanned your finger print. It appears they are currently using facial recognition, due to Covid.

No End Date For Facial Recognition Testing at Disney World - Inside the Magic

Disney World has updated its website and removed the end date for its new facial recognition testing. The program was launched at the Magic Kingdom theme park on March 23 and was originally scheduled to be testing at the theme park through April 23. However, that end date has been removed from Walt Disney World’s website, and the site now simply states, “length of test subject to change.”

There were options:
1) Lie and deny
2) Confess and plea-bargain
3) Run forever, if that is even possible
4) Hide out, say nothing and see what evidence is presented

The trap is, if BL turned himself in on the bank fraud charge, he doesn’t know what evidence exists on the murder case! MOO

Expanding on my previous post above, if BL murdered GP and did not psychologically block out the memory, he then knows exactly how she was murdered. A good criminal defense lawyer with forensic expertise and resources could estimate what evidence exists. Often though, there is a huge wild card when it comes to evidence. Some unforeseen small detail can be very profound.

On the other hand, just suppose BL is not the murderer. The circumstances surrounding the case, indirect evidence, sequence of events and pressure to convict are huge! This case could almost be as big as OJ Simpson’s… but BL probably wouldn’t have resources, fame, or ability to attract a “dream team” of lawyers.

Yes for sure they have provided LE, but that's my point. If they were genuinely concerned for their missing son, they would take the help and give them scent items. Not that any of us think they are, but I was glad to see this confirmed.
im sure since they never even spoke to DTBH then he never spoke to the so m sure he hasnt asked for a scent article!

Just to give mods a heads up, the approved videos linked in OP to The Interview Room no longer work. TIR was terminated on YouTube.

Mod Reply:
We are aware of the status of TIR. The mod note was updated earlier that the discussion is no longer approved. Discussion of TIR generally, and the associated content moving forward will be removed as off topic.

Thanks,
Tiff

This is the revelation we needed. And this highly plausible scenario gives BL exactly what he craves most - attention - as much as possible from as many as possible and for as long as possible. Yes I think we have all underestimated his abilities. He is someone totally forgettable but he has found a way to ensure that he will never be forgotten (by any who care to remember him) all the while living his dream of an iconoclastic unfettered life of seclusion and (apparent) freedom.
THIS!!!!!!!

There is no reason to believe he didn’t have his own bank account and his own money. Stealing from Gabby doesn’t mean he didn’t have his own, he just wanted to use hers because he felt entitled to it.

Perhaps he had his own gas money for the trip home. That's a stretch for me but it's why I qualified my comment "...nothing anyone has turned up...."

This is the revelation we needed. And this highly plausible scenario gives BL exactly what he craves most - attention - as much as possible from as many as possible and for as long as possible. Yes I think we have all underestimated his abilities. He is someone totally forgettable but he has found a way to ensure that he will never be forgotten (by any who care to remember him) all the while living his dream of an iconoclastic unfettered life of seclusion and (apparent) freedom.

Or it could be he is scared of the FBI.

Dog the Bounty Hunter got a tip that BL went into Fort De Soto with his parents but did not leave with his parents. What if he left with his sister?
Interesting thanks!

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact. Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."
IMO: This Florida Law isn't relevant anymore. It shouldn't apply anymore since it is now a Federal Investigation.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

(Snipped and bbm) so this is interesting fodder. If they're so worried, why not help the helpers?? I hadn't seen this confirmed before. Thanks.
MOO, this headline/article leaves out some important information regarding if there even was a request and the whole to whom, what, where, when and how. Maybe the FBI said nope. After the latest media stuff, it is hard to know. MOO.

Why are various local level LE and the FBI putting so much money and so many resources into finding one guy?

We all want justice for GP but the staggering number of resources spent on this one case is just mind-boggling to me.

Why?

Simple. The credibility of LE and the FBI are being scrutinized by this case. They serve the public. The public is demanding results. Viral!

Noting:

“We did find some campsites, we did find some evidence of kayaks near the campsites so it is possible that Brian’s out there,” Hadsell said.

The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said.

“The parents as you know are being uncooperative, so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on,” Hadsell said. “So, we do what we call, ‘general human scent.’

The dogs are trained to work on water from a boat, he explained.

“And we can circle these smaller islands, if there is any human odor being produced from the island, the dogs will alert, and then we’ll send teams to go check it out.”

(Snipped and bbm) so this is interesting fodder. If they're so worried, why not help the helpers?? I hadn't seen this confirmed before. Thanks.

Yeah, agreed, it certainly seems from this sequence of events that the Laundries aren't super worried about finding Brian. Personally, I'd give scent articles to anyone who could find my problem child, but clearly they're not me.

Her interview was not shared in full originally.

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1444284752345829376?s=20

After watching the circus going on, seeing how one interview was edited and later used against her, she's probably not interested in putting herself out there again (especially since her family seems to be public enemy number one these days). She has no obligation to the media or the public at large.

I wonder why she would choose to be interviewed the same day BL is reported missing, but BEFORE he is reported missing if she had no information. It's my understanding from a newscast that she was interviewed at around 7am on September the 17th but said she didn't know any more than the news knew. Just odd that her parents hadn't even told her by that point -- if they are reporting BL missing that day -- that her brother was missing since Tuesday or Wednesday.

IDK.

Yes, it is definitely possible. Using Protonmail or other more secure mechanisms. And wouldn't even need a library or cafe if he's got a burner. If he were smart, he would avoid standard email services like Gmail and the like because they have a different relationship with LE than the more secure versions. Even the use of an app like Burner could allow him to change phone numbers willy nilly but I don't know how that shows up on recipient phone records like his parents'.

Ha - I was typing the below on this topic and got cut off when the thread switched. So, in response to @Bordeaux's comment in the prior thread (which I've included below), some additional notes on ways to improve privacy and security online:
The email could still be traced. I read another case where people saved draft emails to communicate. As the emails were never actually sent, they were not traced.

There are many ways to provide certain levels or layers of low- or un-traceability to communications.

Encrypted email, Tor, a VPN or a series of them, Telegram or similar services...just a start and some level of protection individually and collectively. All of those are readily available, and most people use them for non-nefarious reasons (data security, privacy). Is any absolutely ironclad protection against being traced by the entire United States Federal government dedicated to hunting you down as a fugitive? By a layperson without the skill or money to buy the skill and the loyalty, almost certainly not. But it's not like your only option is to send emails from your first name.lastname@gmail.com account using your registered iPhone through your home wifi, nor is the government redirecting their entire cybercrime team to work on this one case.

Why are various local level LE and the FBI putting so much money and so many resources into finding one guy?

We all want justice for GP but the staggering number of resources spent on this one case is just mind-boggling to me.

Why?

There could be much more severe cases open, e.g. serial killers, terrorists, large drug trafficking operations etc. but the public is screaming for results and are watching this case widely.

Expanding on my previous post above, if BL murdered GP and did not psychologically block out the memory, he then knows exactly how she was murdered. A good criminal defense lawyer with forensic expertise and resources could estimate what evidence exists. Often though, there is a huge wild card when it comes to evidence. Some unforeseen small detail can be very profound.

On the other hand, just suppose BL is not the murderer. The circumstances surrounding the case, indirect evidence, sequence of events and pressure to convict are huge! This case could almost be as big as OJ Simpson’s… but BL probably wouldn’t have resources, fame, or ability to attract a “dream team” of lawyers.

There are attorneys who will take on notorious high publicity cases for media attention on a pro bono basis.

Without some hard direct evidence, this case could be a difficult one to win for prosecutors. That those who know the most and may know the most have not said a word is to BL’s favor in court.

Disney required a photo ID and scanned your finger print. It appears they are currently using facial recognition, due to Covid.

No End Date For Facial Recognition Testing at Disney World - Inside the Magic

Disney World has updated its website and removed the end date for its new facial recognition testing. The program was launched at the Magic Kingdom theme park on March 23 and was originally scheduled to be testing at the theme park through April 23. However, that end date has been removed from Walt Disney World’s website, and the site now simply states, “length of test subject to change.”

Keeping up tradition... this doesn't surprise me.
Walt was way ahead of his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member