Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO: This Florida Law isn't relevant anymore. It shouldn't apply anymore since it is now a Federal Investigation.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

It's my opinion that since the parents reside in Florida that the Florida law is applicable. Besides, it was a State investigation and the State can still assist with the investigation.

This is the revelation we needed. And this highly plausible scenario gives BL exactly what he craves most - attention - as much as possible from as many as possible and for as long as possible. Yes I think we have all underestimated his abilities. He is someone totally forgettable but he has found a way to ensure that he will never be forgotten (by any who care to remember him) all the while living his dream of an iconoclastic unfettered life of seclusion and (apparent) freedom.

I will tell you also that I had this thought- there are so many attention seekers in this world - you can easily name the top ten - that do nothing good for humanity but may pretend to - who are famous. They are all sociopaths imitating others’ humanity and humanitarian ness. My feeling is always that if we don’t give them any attention it would be better. Starve them of what they crave so they realize that they are unimportant. But how to help humanity see that that’s the only thing that will solve it. Taking the wind out of their sails.

As a fugitive from justice who has murdered a beautiful soul BL has guaranteed he will be talked about forever for those who can’t ignore this, in effect he has forced people who cared about her to care about him. It’s the ultimate chess move in narcissism.

Last edited:
Ok. Yet we don't see nearly this level of search and expense for most cases. Realistically, they would be bankrupt after a few cases if they expended this amount for every murder. Why is this one different?
since this is a federal case and a high profile case we see more then we normally would im sure, especially when a bounty of 180,000 is put on the head of the one that they are searching for then that brings in bounty hunters and all kinds of people so i can see where all this is ramped way up!

For me the missing link was BL’s inter

I will tell you also that I had this thought- there are so many attention seekers in this world - you can easily name the top ten - that do nothing good for humanity but may pretend to - who are famous. They are all sociopaths imitating others’ humanity and humanitarian ness. My feeling is always that if we don’t give them any attention it would be better. Starve them of what they crave so they realize that they are unimportant. But how to help humanity see that that’s the only thing that will solve it. Taking the wind out of their sails.

With a fugitive from justice who murdered a beautiful soul BL has guaranteed he will be talked about forever for those who can’t ignore this, in effect he has forced people who cared about her to care about him. It’s the ultimate chess move in narcissism.

I just think he is scared and hiding and wishes this would all go away.

He probably just threw stuff on her seat and she had no room to sit down. She seemed to like things in order so I'm sure she was upset about the mess. Imo

I have no idea where she got the things she threw in the back but she did admit she was the one who threw them back there and was trying to straighten it up. I don't know how she liked to keep things. She said she had OCD, her father said she did not. I can't speculate.

I wonder why she would choose to be interviewed the same day BL is reported missing, but BEFORE he is reported missing if she had no information. It's my understanding from a newscast that she was interviewed at around 7am on September the 17th but said she didn't know any more than the news knew. Just odd that her parents hadn't even told her by that point -- if they are reporting BL missing that day -- that her brother was missing since Tuesday or Wednesday.

IDK.
I don't think the parents or BL told CL anything. CL had to be curious about the absence of Gabby at the campground, but she said in her interview that Gabby and BL a pattern of fighting and then separating for a while before coming back together again "like normal couples do". She may have figured that Gabby and BL had some falling out in WY and BL came home. Nothing more and nothing new given this seems to be a pattern with this couple. She'd seen it all before.

I also suspect that CL was reluctant to press BL about Gabby and being seen as "on Gabby's side" because that probably drew the ire of BL. It's obvious that Gabby was close to CL and her kids, sending postcards and pictures and facetiming her adventures for the kids' enjoyment. CL moved out years ago and has her own husband and children. I doubt she knows exactly what was going on at her parent's house between Sep 1st and now.

JMO

Yes, it is definitely possible. Using Protonmail or other more secure mechanisms. And wouldn't even need a library or cafe if he's got a burner. If he were smart, he would avoid standard email services like Gmail and the like because they have a different relationship with LE than the more secure versions. Even the use of an app like Burner could allow him to change phone numbers willy nilly but I don't know how that shows up on recipient phone records like his parents'.

What if his parents are using their business as a means of communication with BL. They could use an old obsolete business name for him. It could all be cryptic. Such as an order Delivery Date could be a clue to go to WalMart to pick up goods left for him. An Order could list what he wanted. JMO but I feel sure that he has at least one burner phone and the same for parents. Could the FBI get these records?

What if his parents are using their business as a means of communication with BL. They could use an old obsolete business name for him. It could all be cryptic. Such as an order Delivery Date could be a clue to go to WalMart to pick up goods left for him. An Order could list what he wanted. JMO but I feel sure that he has at least one burner phone and the same for parents. Could the FBI get these records?

Wow, great call!

They could be talking in code if he was pretending to be a customer enquiring about certain products or deliveries etc.

Try Tampa (TPA) or Fort Meyers (RSW)

So cheap options for this flight do exist. A Tuesday departure and Monday return booked out a few weeks (Oct 26-Nov 1) from now is under $300 round-trip. Frontier for under $200 & has flights from Salt Lake City to Tampa. American Airlines has flights from Salt Lake City to Fort Myers. Delta has flights to Venice, Florida, from SLC, but they were around $600 or $900 if I remember right. Of course, these are flights for late October, I don’t know if the same schedule or pricing was used in August.

Maybe. That's a possibility.

I agree it's a possibility...

Springing on Fri. There:
1. I'm still struck by the idea that given the larger set of crazy dramatic events, BL would have "stopped by" (as some MSM articles have characterized it) CL's house or that CL later/separate event dropped him somewhere then just headed on to Disney.

I mean, the context here even back in early Sept. is a dead girlfriend, a cross-country rush home (in dead girlfriend's van and (it appears) using dead girlfriend's money to get there), and pre-disappearance, pre-Federal warrant/fugitive, etc. It wasn't just a nice, lazy late summer like any other...yet these activities seem so...casual. I get they might have been calculated to create an aura of "we know nothing, everything's fine," but who in the heck proceeds on to Disney at a time like this?!

2. Yes, Disney is expensive, but not so much for FL residents. You can cancel a trip.

3. Following on #2, CL referred to being at Disney as somehow relevant to whether she did or didn't pick up the phone or check messages. But Disney is a day trip for her, not a massive family vacation during which you say "I don't know you" to the greater world for a week. Her reference to Disney as related to responsiveness about GP being misding strikes me as someone who is trying to use a fig leaf to cover a whole tree-trunk. Lies, obfuscation, etc.

Christopher Thomas Knight's parents never reported him missing either. He remained missing for 27 years in the forest, burgling campsites and the homes of people who lived nearby. I see many parallels in these two situations and the philosophy of both men. Brian idolized CTK and quoted him often in his postings. Brian is truly living the realization of his own ideal...a vanishing.
MOO

BL had plenty of time to plan and excute a safe location, store supplies, and had alternate untraceable transportation. An inflatable boat, bike, scooter are easy forms of untraceable forms of travel.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member