Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using common legal sense, is not the same as having basic human decency. The latter is nonexistent here.

This is not normal behavior.

Furthermore, I think that the only way that it’s common legal sense is if he harmed her.

If she was healthy when he last saw her, that location information will help their search, and help establish that he could not have harmed her. (For example, picking places randomly, that cameras show that he’s halfway back to Florida, while she’s heading to Joshua Tree with some new friends.)

Last edited:
If BL were my son, he wouldn't be welcome in our home at this point. We will always love our kids no matter what they do, but never cover for them. I speak from personal experience, though it wasn't a felony or murder. Difficult situation nonetheless.

I suspect we'll see something soon, if BL doesn't cave from all the pressure - his family surely will if they know any details.

Could you see his attorney accompanying BL to turn himself in or is this a stalemate to the end?

If a crime happened and his family knows about it then they are all guilty of crimes at this point..

No one has an excuse to grab their fiancee by the face. That is pure degrading aggression. He could have pushed her back with a hand on each shoulder. Sounds like he was used to using banned holds.

In a heated moment, when someone is coming at me physically, I’m not going to stop, think about it and be gentle with how I deflect their physical violence. JMO

I just realized that the mapping that's been done by some outlets and bloggers isn't complete. For example, in their youtube video that was posted 8/19 but done over several days (maybe even weeks) they say at 6:55 that they are at a campsite right outside Capitol Reef National Park.
Capitol Reef National Park is not being mentioned in reports. Not in the mapping here: [ Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing ] and not in the storyboard here: [ Gabby Petito • Van-Life (but Bryce Canyon is mentioned here and not elsewhere)], and it's not mentioned in news reports. So, where in this timeline does Capitol Reef fit and if LE is missing this bc Gabby and BL didn't stick to the itinerary then what else are they missing?

Last edited:
SBM
Yes. She handles stress by going manic and he handles it more calmly, as evidenced by the video itself. I would call that an accurate characterization.
I thought he seemed anxious and nervous. When Gabby first got out of the vehicle she was obviously distressed, but once she got into the police vehicle she was just emotional.

His constant talking, apologizing, laughing, and repeating himself are common signs of anxiety. It seemed he was making a conscious effort to keep still by keeping his hands clasped in front of him.

I believed Gabby when she said she was normally calm. She had apparently been working on the YouTube video most of the day, and it must have been very discouraging that BL told her she couldn't do it.

IMO

The police have now asked the Gabby family to stop sharing relationship details with the public.
Not to be nit picky by any means, but for factual sake in case it matters, it’s the FBI that has asked that the family not share more about the relationship. They have not said why they’ve made that request yet that I’ve seen.

Do I understand correctly that she was to meet a friend at Yellowstone on or before Aug 29, but her fiance said Yosemite?

Her last known contact was with her mom from Wyoming on Aug 25. There must be a clue in that conversation. I've added Aug 29 missed call to the timeline. If we can fill out this timeline, we can narrow down the time and the location when something happened to her.

She disappeared between Aug 25 - 29. Access to gas purchases would help. That would tell us where he was when stopped touring and drove directly to his parents' home.

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen with checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

People really can’t imagine the red dirt until they experience it. LOL. You find that stuff everywhere for weeks!

thank you! I feel like I’m going insane right now. I love out here and it’s dirty. I’m sweeping rocks up in my kitchen every day. My dogs always have a layer of dust on them after a hike or play sesh in our yard. I don’t know why people want to argue about the dusty west!

I hope the link works. It is a snippet of the body cam video

Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) Tweeted:
VIDEO:

This is proof that Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito spent their day around Moonflower Coop.

"We were there from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m."

Kylen Schulte would've been working during that time frame. https://t.co/oywXAlkHLT https://twitter.com/MorganWolfeKSL/status/1438606359004516363?s=20

I thought this was going to turn out to be a wild left-field theory but if this is true/verified it looks like there could be a possible connection. At the very least it seems BL and GP crossed paths with Kylen—beyond that it’s pure speculation. Glad to hear LE is actively investigating the link.

If BL were my son, he wouldn't be welcome in our home at this point. We will always love our kids no matter what they do, but never cover for them. I speak from personal experience, though it wasn't a felony or murder. Difficult situation nonetheless.

I suspect we'll see something soon, if BL doesn't cave from all the pressure - his family surely will if they know any details.

Could you see his attorney accompanying BL to turn himself in or is this a stalemate to the end?
Somehow, I don't see any of them caving. JMO, of course.

Found this website that seems right up the couples ally. These are the top 4 free spots in Grand Teton Park. I'm sure Park staff and Jackson know of these forest service roads. I just wonder if they skipped Yellowstone and headed back on the 28th or 29th and something happened out in Wyoming. I saw a thread where an employee at Grant village say her on the 26th. as noted it is a quick drive through Tetons to there. The bogus text created on the 30th when Brain would have been somewhere into Nebraska/Kansas. Working on a map of route back to FL with possible camp sites.

Vanlife in Jackson Hole Wyoming - Chasing the Wild Goose

Also watched the entire body cam. Brian's last post on IG is him alone on Aug. 13 because I think they decided to meet up after this hike. They were separated by PD the afternoon of Aug. 12th. Also when the officer asks if she is on meds for her OCD/anxiety (her description), he says "no" but as a quick aside he says, "she's just crazy". But oddly, he seems much more interested in his hikes and communing with nature. When told they would have to separate and asked if he had someplace to stay, he asked if they could drive him to Delicate Arch so he could get their planned hike in.

I just think there’s no telling. My hope is that BL’s family convinces him to sing, but there’s no way to gauge if this pressure will convince them to do that.

There are just a lot of things we don’t know.

This media attention is not going anywhere though, as this is a massive national story. Even local newscasts in Massachusetts are airing stories on it, and I imagine that’s the same across the country.

I know this is NY Post, not the most reliable, but still interesting, if true :

Lawyer for Gabby Petito boyfriend does not rule out link to double homicide

Lawyer for Gabby Petito boyfriend does not rule out link to double homicide
By
Jesse O’Neill
September 16, 2021 8:48pm
Updated

Quote:

The lawyer for the tight-lipped boyfriend of missing Long Island native Gabby Petito issued an unexpected statement Thursday evening about a possible link between her disappearance and a Utah double murder in August.

Utah cops are not “ruling out” the possibility that the shooting of a newlywed couple at a campground outside Moab could be related to Petito’s disappearance.

One of the murder victims, Kylen Schulte, 24, worked at a community cooperative where a witness saw a domestic dispute between Petito, 22, and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, 23, on Aug. 12.

“Law enforcement has to follow protocol and all leads that they get,” Laundrie’s attorney Steven Bertolino said, according to Fox News. “Whether or not these two cases deserve to be linked will be determined at some point in the future.”

Schulte and wife Crystal Turner, 38, went missing after going to a Moab bar on Aug. 13, where they complained to friends about a “creepy guy” near where they were camping, officials have said.

Wow. That's not exactly a vote of confidence in his client, is it?

Sometimes people handle stress by giving it all to someone else to handle. Very very common. Bloodsuckers who come to visit, soak up all your sympathy and then leave you a bundle of nerves while they are rejuvenated. He blames her for everything, even his dangerous, illegal driving. she was too sensitive to recognize the blame he was dumping on her day after day.........and tell him to buzz off.

I didn't get that at all and I watched the entire video. She acknowledged that she hit his arm and that would have easily caused him to veer onto the curb. She volunteered that information. He is the one who had clear marks on his arms and neck.

We have seen one incident unfold. We don't know what happened during their ongoing relationship. As Gitana said, she can be the abuser here and later the victim of the ultimate abuse (apologies for paraphrasing @gitana1).

MOO.

Wait, he grabbed her face and pushed her. Does that not count as physical assault? He left marks on her face, according to one of the officers.

Oh! I missed that. So then it’s even more bizarre that so many people would think she is unlikely to be a victim in this relationship.

Thanks for the correction.

Furthermore, I think that the only way that it’s common legal sense is if he harmed her.

If she was healthy when he last saw her, that the location information will help their search, and help establish that he could not have harmed her. (For example, picking places randomly, that cameras show that he’s halfway back to Florida, while she’s heading to Joshua Tree with some new friends.)
Yes. The posture of the family and their attorney, says it all.

The only reason to stay quiet, is if telling the truth is more harmful.

They’re basically saying to law enforcement, “find her yourself.” I have no doubt they will.

thank you! I feel like I’m going insane right now. I love out here and it’s dirty. I’m sweeping rocks up in my kitchen every day. My dogs always have a layer of dust on them after a hike or play sesh in our yard. I don’t know why people want to argue about the dusty west!
We call it iron ore soil where I live. I honestly could dust, sweep, wash constantly and still have it. So, I wonder why did they choose to go there in a tiny white RV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim