Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the video ONLY:

Brian appeared genuinely concerned about Gabby. He did not want her to be arrested. He offered to go to jail in her stead.He indicated that Gabby gets upset on occasion and he attempts to take some space for things to calm down. I got the impression he was accepting of her mental health struggles, whatever they may be.

I speculate that no matter how accustomed that they both may be to these his/hers mental health issues that neither of them are accustomed to/comfortable with being involved with the police. I assume that scared them both and neither would want to actually be arrested and taken to jail.The incident is likely something that both of them did not want to repeat.

Patterns:

It is possible that some things we saw on the video are repeated behaviors. As a mental health professional, I wondered if Gabby had some borderline personality traits (frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment - for one). Perhaps Gabby behaves like that with Brian when she is stressed. Perhaps he often recommends taking space which could furtherer trigger someone with borderline traits. Maybe she always freaks a bit and tries to grab Brian or just touches him somehow...Maybe he tends to push her away when that happens.

People die on trails from time to time. They slip even without being pushed away...

Wait, he grabbed her face and pushed her. Does that not count as physical assault? He left marks on her face, according to one of the officers.
No one has an excuse to grab another human being by the face. That is pure degrading aggression. He could have pushed her back with a hand on each shoulder. Sounds like he was used to using barred holds.

Last edited:
In regards to the video ONLY:

Brian appeared genuinely concerned about Gabby. He did not want her to be arrested. He offered to go to jail in her stead.He indicated that Gabby gets upset on occasion and he attempts to take some space for things to calm down. I got the impression he was accepting of her mental health struggles, whatever they may be.

I speculate that no matter how accustomed that they both may be to these his/hers mental health issues that neither of them are accustomed to/comfortable with being involved with the police. I assume that scared them both and neither would want to actually be arrested and taken to jail.The incident is likely something that both of them did not want to repeat.

Patterns:

It is possible that some things we saw on the video are repeated behaviors. As a mental health professional, I wondered if Gabby had some borderline personality traits (frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment - for one). Perhaps Gabby behaves like that with Brian when she is stressed. Perhaps he often recommends taking space which could furtherer trigger someone with borderline traits. Maybe she always freaks a bit and tries to grab Brian or just touches him somehow...Maybe he tends to push her away when that happens.

People die on trails from time to time. They slip even without being pushed away...
People report accidents, call for help.

I don’t have an answer but I am curious as to the reasons behind VPN’s being commonly used by those in the van life scene? I’ve never heard that before.
It allows - for example - content streams of US programming to be accessed while in Canada. Netflix comes to mind as an example. I’m not a VPN or Netflix expert, but one can “fool” the service into thinking you are somewhere that you are not. The same is true for sports broadcast streams. One can access the Longhorn Network in the northeast where it is not generally available by “pretending” to be in Texas.

That would be a first in my experience. Most people don’t turn an innocent thing like that, into what is likely, a multi state homicide investigation.

Her phone is inactive, she’s without a vehicle, he left her thousands of miles away, lawyered up, shut down, and is the focus of national scorn.

He could end all that in a second, yet days have passed and he continues to ignore the pleas of a desperate family.

I couldn’t disagree more with this theory.
If BL were my son, he wouldn't be welcome in our home at this point. We will always love our kids no matter what they do, but never cover for them. I speak from personal experience, though it wasn't a felony or murder. Difficult situation nonetheless.

I suspect we'll see something soon, if BL doesn't cave from all the pressure - his family surely will if they know any details.

Could you see his attorney accompanying BL to turn himself in or is this a stalemate to the end?

1) it’s really dry here
2) when you walk you kick up dust everywhere
3) it’s all over and takes more than a second wipe of bottom feet to clean yourself
4) thanks for the snark but i don’t need it
People really can’t imagine the red dirt until they experience it. LOL. You find that stuff everywhere for weeks!

Please remember. Gabby is a missing person, not a victim.
Also, remember the definition of the term "manic" - A manic episode is characterized by a sustained period of abnormally elevated or irritable mood, intense energy, racing thoughts, and other extreme and exaggerated behaviors. People can also experience psychosis, including hallucinations and delusions, which indicate a separation from reality.
Anyone keeping company with a person having a history of this behavior understands the complexity of it and would not characterize that person as "crazy".
"Gabby is a missing person, not a victim."
100% disagree. Gabby is victim in this scenario, not Brian. Agree that no one would call a manic person crazy if they were in a relationship.

I just joined and had a question about this case. Is there a person on here that I can ask the question. I am new and not used to this format.
I replied to a similar question, many threads ago. My BF is retired police chief. He said that driving, or being in possession of a vehicle not registered to the current driver is not evidence of a crime, unless said vehicle has been registered as stolen.

Gabby appeared to be clean.

he looked generally clean to me as well. Maybe she took an insane amount of time every day to clean herself. I don’t know. But to say his annoyance with having to be clean before getting in the tent or van while camping for months in dry, dusty west makes him awful or not caring about her feelings seems weird to me. I think there are other things to point to than something like that.

I replied to a similar question, many threads ago. My BF is retired police chief. He said that driving, or being in possession of a vehicle not registered to the current driver is not evidence of a crime, unless said vehicle has been registered as stolen.

Even when the vehicle belongs to an officially reported missing person?

I do understand that but if the person who owns the vehicle is missing? How can a missing woman file a report?

I am not sure I would put a lot of faith in that.
Cell coverage depends on many things......one being your phone and your provider....and other things I cant even understand.
I live in a populated area with allegedly amazing service.......but I can go 5 min from my house and have 1 bar, then another 5 min and have full bars. My daughter can be next to me and have full bars on the exact same phone that I have and I have no service at all.

My first floor of my house - perfect cell coverage (not using wifi). My second floor - no cell coverage - I have to use wifi. What the hell? lol

Then I have gone up to over 14,000 feet elevation on top of Mount Evans here in Colorado and had the BEST cell coverage ever.

The FB group for my town has discussion after discussion about cell coverage and who is the best provider and about why do some areas of town not work for some providers and work for other providers, while they all use the same towers.

I mean, making sense of cell service....is like some insane mathematical equation that nobody can make sense of... move over Good Will Hunting.

JMO based on my own experiences and experiments. lol

Just spent 2 weeks in Grand Tetons NP and Yellowstone in late July, we had almost no service once we got past a certain point in GT and throughout most of YNP - AT&T. Seriously, no reception for hours, day after day. There were 6 of us, all with same result. I would have loved to have had a third of the coverage in the map above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations