Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

This was on Cuomo's show on CNN today. They showed a flat campsite area where a tent may have been placed, in front of which was a rough circle of stones which appeared to have the remains of a small campfire.
I don't believe that footage was actually showing the area he had been informed about.

They showed earlier footage from a local news affiliate, that was taken in the afternoon, and also showed the location where her body was found.

If this affiliate had footage of that location, they surely would have aired it themselves.

I don't believe that footage was actually showing the area he had been informed about.

They showed earlier footage from a local news affiliate, that was taken in the afternoon, and also showed the location where her body was found.

If this affiliate had footage of that location, they surely would have aired it themselves.

this is what i was thinking might have become conflated somehow...i don't believe media would have access to the search area, moo...

Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)
I know several people that do. It's not impossible to think BL could do it.

Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)

Rodriguez knew nothing more than a life of struggle, pain and poverty. I can't picture BL befriending an alligator. Plus they are meat-eaters.

MOO JMOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I haven't seen anything to this point that indicates that he planned to kill her, or thought about it long enough to meet the criteria for first degree murder.

I see nothing but panic in his post-offense behavior, which I would expect if they had an argument that escalated, and he didn't know what to do next.

We have this prior incident of abuse, and I don't doubt there were ones that preceded that.

But looking at that Moab encounter, it's clear to me that things were volatile, and I can easily picture a blowout fight that resulted in murder (which is what I mean when I say "crime of passion").

That's not to say that I think premeditated murder is off the table, but I think it's far less likely than the alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if BL's pinterest can be linked here but the pins about "things to burn off" having tattoos in it. Anybody think that maybe that fire that was there where Gabby was found could have been him trying to burn off his tats?

Not sure if BL's pinterest can be linked here but the pins about "things to burn off" having tattoos in it. Anybody think that maybe that fire that was there where Gabby was found could have been him trying to burn off his tats?
Had he done that, I imagine he'd have required some sort of medical attention.

I think he was at a loss at what to do at that point, and wouldn't have done anything that dramatic.

Besides that, tattoos would have been the least of his worries at that point.

I really wish this article would have dug deeper into HOW these ex-agents think they are communicating or what makes them believe he's using the lawyer to somehow communicate.

Brian secretly communicating with parents through lawyer, says ex-FBI agent
  • 3:42 ET, Oct 6, 2021
  • Updated: 8:28 ET, Oct 6, 2021
GABBY Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie may be "loosely" contacting his parents through the family attorney and will be found alive by cops, an ex-FBI agent believes.

Had he done that, I imagine he'd have required some sort of medical attention.

I think he was at a loss at what to do at that point, and wouldn't have done anything that dramatic.

Besides that, tattoos would have been the least of his worries at that point.
Was just a theory on my part. Don't know what kind of medical knowledge BL has.

I really wish this article would have dug deeper into HOW these ex-agents think they are communicating or what makes them believe he's using the lawyer to somehow communicate.

This article is citing an interview that aired on News Nation. I looked at Brian's Twitter, and this is the only video I can find. I doubt she goes into any detail as to your question, but here's a Q&A she did:

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445558329170792451?s=21

It is the one way they could get away with it due to confidentiality and probably the agents have seen this done before. I think it is very likely. Just my view point.

Perhaps I am interpreting this wrong but, if state laws did apply, the Florida statute (777.03) people are referring to only applies the close relation exemption to Third degree felonies.

First and second degree felonies such as capital murder and felony murder wouldn't apply the exemption.

Look at how it's worded here at the Florida Senate.gov site.

Source: Chapter 777 Section 03 - 2018 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

This of course would be dependent on the charges BL ends up with.

I haven't seen anything to this point that indicates that he planned to kill her, or thought about it long enough to meet the criteria for first degree murder.

I see nothing but panic in his post-offense behavior, which I would expect if they had an argument that escalated, and he didn't know what to do next.

We have this prior incident of abuse, and I don't doubt there were ones that preceded that.

But looking at that Moab encounter, it's clear to me that things were volatile, and I can easily picture a blowout fight that resulted in murder (which is what I mean when I say "crime of passion").

That's not to say that I think premeditated murder is off the table, but I think it's far less likely than the alternative.

I agree. I think BL is not very stable, and extremely immature, but to me, there is no evidence that he was not in love with her, or planned to harm her. It is probably the case of a huge accidental tragedy.

Post her death, he was, likely, absolutely terrified, and perhaps, dissociating. I wonder if periodically, he’d be in denial about her demise,

Not necessarily.

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact.

Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."
My understanding of the situation was that the exemption for family doesn't apply as the charges aren't being brought at the state level but at the federal level. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214