Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, if they do find him and can only detain him on the 'unauthorised use of a device' charges (until they find sufficient evidence to charge him with more), how long feasibly could he be held for on the bank card charges?

Would something like this vary by state or is it the same nationwide? Also, does it/would it differ for a federal case?

Since BL has already proven to be someone who flees from LE, a judge could deny bail and hold him in jail through trial for whatever he's charged with. IMO

If my single, adult child and SO were living in my home in order to save money, there's no doubt that it would be at an extra added expense to me, in finances, privacy, and conveniences. You better believe it would be my business to know who that van belonged to, who paid what, and more! I promote children's independence but if they're still living with me, I have a vested interest in knowing what's going on. One earns privacy when one becomes independent. If they're still living with family ~ they're certainly not independent. Just an old fashioned MOO here!

I agree. It would be nearly impossible to recognize him if he has disguised himself. I think that he will come across LE who will recognize him rather than him ever being recognized by a civilian. IMO.

Lots of people have said they feel his distinguishing features are his nose and bald head.

For me, it's his ears (small, low-set, rounded and they stick out a bit), but most of all it's the shape of his eyes. They're almost droopy. I can't really think of a better adjective, but I think they're fairly distinctive.

MOO

SSRI’s can cause some really negative side effects. I know someone who had to stop them due to personality changes.
I’m in no way saying this is the case here, and making no excuses for the killer!
Yep.
SSRI's can actually worsen the symptoms in people who are Bi-Polar.
I believe his age (22-23) factors in to a T, so there is a chance he could have it.
MOO

Surely possible… but I hope someone somewhere notices his hand tattoos. Unless he starts wearing gloves all the time, someone will see them.

Here's the thing about hand tatts they fade quickly. He can wear fingerless gloves and use DermaBlend Foundation on them, and laser tattoo removal. Just would need a clueless person or a friend of the family that won't ask any questions.

BL mowed daddy’s lawn when he came home, I wonder why and the bike ride with mom BL HAD to be worn out after his drive home

Forced cheerfulness? That's the reason that comes to my mind. Helpfulness.

Either because he knew he was going to kill himself or never see them again?

He had to know that Gabby would be reported as missing fairly soon...but maybe his mind is capable of forgetting unpleasantness, no way of knowing. One way to keep his parents from asking painful questions would be to act normal/cheerful/helpful.

I keep thinking about what it must have been like in the Laundrie house from around Sept 8 (when Gabby's mom may have started texting?) to Sept 13 when BL left. By Sept 10, it was clear that Gabby's mom was contacting police and figuring out the missing person's filing. A day later, she's officially missing and of course her parents have let LE know where they last heard from her. Can't remember which day the Bethune's released their video - but I'm guessing BL was following the news pretty closely while living at home. And I bet his parents were asking lots of questions.

BL mowed daddy’s lawn when he came home, I wonder why and the bike ride with mom BL HAD to be worn out after his drive home
He was trying to be normal!
His mom and dad had no idea what he did!
Cut the grass
Go for a bike ride
Take a hike.
Jmo

Agree ... I would also add that even though many people don't think Mr. Laundrie's act of mowing his grass the other morning meant anything, I think it was a big **** you to the public, the media, and the Petito family. He could have hired someone to mow his grass for $20. Instead, he went out and mowed it in person with people shouting questions at him, people he refused to even acknowledge were there. It was an act of defiance, IMO. As if to say, "I'm really not going to help any of you with answers and there's nothing you can do about it."

JMO
I think it was an act of defiance: "I know you people hate me but I'm not going to let you keep me prisoner in my own home". It took alot of guts to mow that lawn himself instead of hiring it out.

Here's the thing about hand tatts they fade quickly. He can wear fingerless gloves and use DermaBlend Foundation on them, and laser tattoo removal. Just would need a clueless person or a friend of the family that won't ask any questions.

Also, there's been no nationwide or widespread campaign to even show the world those tattoos. You'd have to be following the case pretty closely to notice what they looked like.

Indeed, so many people I know have heard nothing about this case and wouldn't be able to ID Brian Launrie in any situation - which is making me curious. No nationwide manhunt. Of course, when that crazed sex offender escaped from a locked ward in Kansas, there was no nationwide manhunt either - maybe too many manhunts if we do that?

Not sure what the thinking on it is - but I do believe it will be mostly LE who know enough to recognize BL.

Who would mow his lawn?
Seriously
Seems he always cut his own lawn!

I"m not sure if your comment means it would be hard to find someone mow their law, but I think some teenager who wanted a little money would do it. It could be that they tried to hire someone and no one would do it.

my son in law recently broke up with his live-in girlfriend and he moved in with us while they sell their house. He's been here a few months and probably will for a few months more. I have no idea who owns his vehicle, nor do I care. I don't understand why I should know.
If it is parked on my property, I'd want to know for insurance and liability reasons. jmo

Why is that? (I have really suspicious acting neighbors - so if you do too, I'm sorry for that!)

In the case of these neighbors, apparently one thinks they have footage of him running from the house on the 17th (and they have turned it over to LE according to the articles linked above).

<modsnip>

It's odd that several people thought they saw him at night on the 17th. Could be hysteria or groupthink, but it does make me wonder and I bet it makes LE wonder too.
Ohh my bad on my rush to judgement. When I see the headlines "Neighbour saw" I automatically think they're looking for their 5 mins. Touch wood, I've always been on good terms with neighbours (even dated one :D).

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless someone drove back with him to Florida by takin a plane ride up to the area, met up BL and drove back with him. That’s never been decided yet has it?

Surely LE & FBI would of already checked that out. It does make you wonder. I would like to know what happened to the drone and GP belongings. That drone would have info .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member