Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...the family is rounded up, grand kids in tow and we head for the campground for a smoresfest. Part of the jamboree is a pink, polka dotted elephant wearing a clown hat and neon red lipstick.
Comes the day when questions about this outing arise...and nobody at the smoresfest remembers seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, petting, riding, tickling or talking to or about the elephant. One member of the party has gone missing. Two members of the party are totally zipped. The other member of the smoresfest admits it took place - but saw no elephant.
Since the missing guy is a moot point and the two zipped up members of the soiree are, well...zipped up. The remaining member gives up lawyer naughtiness and a touch of "Family Feud". Still no elephant. The situation requires meat, but is instead showered with molecular-sized bread crumbs. Armchair analysts of all stripes seize the bread crumbs and dissect them...looking for an elephant. Ain't there.
The court of public opinion is a fickle thing that gobbles breadcrumbs and extrapolates the shadow of elephants in the ciphering out of them as they are digested and eventually expelled.
Result? Buttoned lips, a fugitive on the run who knows where and a snipe hunt as big as the invasion of Stalingrad.
Still no elephant.
The sobering truth is nothing of substance will come from the Laundrie side of this horrible saga. Everyone will have to wait while the excruciatingly slow process that is the legal system either produces a fugitive or winds down and enters the world of cold cases. In which case, patience will not only be a virtue, but a necessity.
Nothing wrong with being furious. Fury tempered with wisdom and patience is very effective stuff.
In the meantime, there's an opportunity to express compassion, feel genuine sorrow for a young life expunged, and educate our daughters and sons about the signs and dangers of trying to fix people who need every ounce of your energy for repair...and never get repaired. The slap or punch you take and forgive, could have you lying decomposing where only miracles can find you.
MOOing...

Agree ... I would also add that even though many people don't think Mr. Laundrie's act of mowing his grass the other morning meant anything, I think it was a big **** you to the public, the media, and the Petito family. He could have hired someone to mow his grass for $20. Instead, he went out and mowed it in person with people shouting questions at him, people he refused to even acknowledge were there. It was an act of defiance, IMO. As if to say, "I'm really not going to help any of you with answers and there's nothing you can do about it."

JMO

Chubby? Very helpful. Gobble enough cheeseburgers and your face starts to look like Wilson in "Castaway".

If he gains 20-50 or more pounds, wears hats or beanie caps, shaves, wears hoodies, sunglasses, masks he won't be recognizable in public.
Public transportation with a wig and shades is not out of the question.

How many people really look at others on public transportation? Not everyone is following this case, or even watches the news (strange, right/)

Chubby? Very helpful. Gobble enough cheeseburgers and your face starts to look like Wilson in "Castaway".

If he gains 20-50 or more pounds, wears hats or beanie caps, shaves, wears hoodies, sunglasses, masks he won't be recognizable in public.
Public transportation with a wig and shades is not out of the question.

How many people really look at others on public transportation? Not everyone is following this case, or even watches the news (strange, right/)

I agree. It would be nearly impossible to recognize him if he has disguised himself. I think that he will come across LE who will recognize him rather than him ever being recognized by a civilian. IMO.

Just reading the word "neighbour" has me thinking false, and should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Why is that? (I have really suspicious acting neighbors - so if you do too, I'm sorry for that!)

In the case of these neighbors, apparently one thinks they have footage of him running from the house on the 17th (and they have turned it over to LE according to the articles linked above).

<modsnip>

It's odd that several people thought they saw him at night on the 17th. Could be hysteria or groupthink, but it does make me wonder and I bet it makes LE wonder too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's any reason to do that - especially after the grief they caught after losing track of him. They have the credit card charges, which are enough to hold him a while.

Out of interest, if they do find him and can only detain him on the 'unauthorised use of a device' charges (until they find sufficient evidence to charge him with more), how long feasibly could he be held for on the bank card charges?

Would something like this vary by state or is it the same nationwide? Also, does it/would it differ for a federal case?

I agree. It would be nearly impossible to recognize him if he has disguised himself. I think that he will come across LE who will recognize him rather than him ever being recognized by a civilian. IMO.

If he forgoes his vegan/veggie diet regains the weight to go into hiding to avoid prison or continues his diet. Remains to be seen.

Agree ... I would also add that even though many people don't think Mr. Laundrie's act of mowing his grass the other morning meant anything, I think it was a big **** you to the public, the media, and the Petito family. He could have hired someone to mow his grass for $20. Instead, he went out and mowed it in person with people shouting questions at him, people he refused to even acknowledge were there. It was an act of defiance, IMO. As if to say, "I'm really not going to help any of you with answers and there's nothing you can do about it."

JMO
Who would mow his lawn?
Seriously
Seems he always cut his own lawn!

Why are they advertising cadaver dogs NOW? Haven't they been using them all along....

yeah yeah I know they are promoting the new one on the team, but really.... have we been seeing searching with dogs before?
Just one cadaver dog.
They have had dogs searching on numerous occasions.

Is it realistically possible for someone to survive for any length of time in that reserve? These things seriously creep me out.

https://twitter.com/8_plamison/status/1448693913083121668?s=20

“For every one you see, there’s 3-5 under the water near by. This is not far from there”

Over 100 gators gather at 'Deep Hole' in Myakka River State Park

Ooo, thank you! So they congregate in that one place (because it's deep, apparently). They do look...fairly big (as in scary big to my eyes).

So...if a person did want their body to be largely unfound, that would be the place to go to commit suicide, in my estimation.

bbm
Ita.
One would hope so !
Another way to maybe catch this perp is to follow the money.
Who is supporting Brian ?
Imo.

If he forgoes his vegan/veggie diet regains the weight to go into hiding to avoid prison or continues his diet. Remains to be seen.
Can you imagine him being locked up?
He'll end up separated from others and all alone- which it seems, is what he prefers anyway.
This is all a game to him IMO.
He feels no guilt, so if he is alive, he will make a mistake at some point!
(Like biting the hand that feeds him!)
MOO

Didn’t Gabby live in the Laundries’ house for a year or so? Was that van parked in their driveway? I would certainly be aware of the ownership of any vehicle parked in my driveway for months on end.
my step son recently broke up with his live-in girlfriend and he moved in with us while they sell their house. He's been here a few months and probably will for a few months more. I have no idea who owns his vehicle, nor do I care. I don't understand why I should know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member