Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. In my opinion, things would’ve been much better for Brian if they had contacted the best attorney out there, negotiated a plea deal for the most reduced sentence they could. I don’t know in what world they thought Brian would not ever have to face consequences unless they were hoping her body would never be found. All of the above assuming Brian had told them he killed her. If they believed she was alive and well when he last saw her, we are back to pitchforks and torches.

With all of this PR, no way there would be some plea deal

It’s possible. It’s also possible he’s dead in Carlton Reserve or anywhere. LE has to come up with evidence and support for their ideas, as they translate them into action. These TV personalities do not.

What should LE be doing right now? They have sunk huge amounts of resources into this hunt? To just start searching Mexico would be an epic project and in what evidence other than he “could” be there.
IMO they would approach it diplomatically, and probably interpol already is working on it. He won't blend in as soon as he opens his mouth, regardless as to whether or not he took high school Spanish.

We can debate all day long why the Laundries didn't answer phone calls from Gabby Petito's parents. People have suggested reasons such as wrong numbers, lack of phone expertise, no voicemail set-up, bad feelings over the break-up, they didn't like each other, and on and on.

But this does not address the white elephant sitting out in their driveway - the VAN. You can go ahead and believe the Laundries had no experience with phones, or they were just introverts who didn't want to talk to the Petitos. Even if BL's family had no clue where Gabby was, or didn't believe Gabby was missing, they surely had to know that Brian did NOT own that Van, and that might be what Gabby's parents were calling about, right? Every time they looked out the window, that van was sitting there. Really they should have been calling the Petitos asking what to do with the van, not the other way around.

Great post. I've been curious all along about whether any of Gabby's things were still in the van. In any case, it seems to me that at least one parent would have looked inside the van while BL was taking his guitar and things out of it. And if he didn't unlock or take anything out of the van, wouldn't that make the parents curious? When Gabby's parents started call, wouldn't that make them even more curious?

If the parents noticed that Gabby's things were there and that BL was basically avoiding the whole topic, was that normal for them, with Brian and his occasional break-ups/separations from Gabby? Again, when Gabby's parents start calling - they had to know something very bad was going on. So they were ready on the 12th to hand over that lawyer's card...

I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?

If they are using that wonderful cadaver dog, that dog and his handler may well be the only available dog in the area. Most of the people with cadaver dogs are volunteers. Cadavers aren't going anywhere, and as time goes on, the smell spreads through bodies of water - the dog can track it to its source.

So I'm guessing that this is based around this wonderful dog's schedule and availability. Brian Laundrie is likely not the only person that this dog is helping to look for.

Let's see. BL went into the swamp Sept 13 and today is Oct 14. Cadaverine in water would be barely detectable at day 2-3 after death. Since no one knows when BL died and maybe they did find signs that he survived there for a couple of days, it's still possible to find his cadaver (if he's there) and it's a pretty big preserve. I don't know much about alligators or how big the ones in that area are, but it's clear that people stay at the campground in the state park (in the middle of the preserve) and don't get eaten by alligators and so far, we've seen no alligators that I know of (via drone or helicopter footage). So they can't be big gigantic ones? I do know that alligators can be messy eaters...but there are lots of other scavengers in that swamp.

If BL is dead out there and is in the water, even little bits of him should put off cadaverine so perhaps they're hopeful that the dog will hit. Finding most of him would still be problematic, I'd wager. If we see divers go out again, to me, that suggests the dog made a hit. But there haven't been divers for a while.

Yes finally in custody, not sure what the deal will be with his trial but he's a previous violent felon who had already been in prison for 15 years. Poor Liz was too nice and trusting.

So sorry for your loss. If convicted I hope he spends as much time in prison as he gave your friend to live, life without parole. What a tragedy.

If this is OT, I will delete.

Does anyone know when BL became a vegetarian? It looks like he lost a lot of weight in a year.

Also, I found a couple of articles on hunger and aggression. Not to make excuses, but could chronic hunger have triggered his anger.
I mean, the term hangry had to come from somewhere. So you could be on to something.

I've got to go back and watch the video again, I read a comment somewhere, don't recall where now, that at the end of one of the body cam videos BL makes a statement to the officer that's taking him to the hotel/motel that he isn't taking the medication he should be taking because he thinks it makes him worse. Does anyone off the top of their head remember this part of the video?

I can't go back until a little later this evening to try to find it, but that is an interesting snippet if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67