FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like you edited out a lot of this post. I wanted to respond to the portion where you referenced WA discussing DM wanting to take the boys swimming that day and her subsequent discussion with CA about it. I absolutely believe her when she says she discussed this with CA because she was terrified about the prospect of the boys being with DM before the hitmen committed the murder. I also believe her when she says CA told her not to worry about it (presumably because he was confident that the crime would have been completed). AND THAT, I believe, is why WA drove to the crime scene. She needed to make sure that there wasn't a chance she would be putting her children in the line of fire.
I agree with you, I believe she did discuss this with CA, possibly for the reasons you state.

It is only after she looked at her phone and saw that she had been texting with Dan about swimming that morning that she said she didn’t hear Dan’s earlier phone message come in.

Her saying that she didn’t in fact hear it when it came in, in turn, seems to me to have led to all the inconsistencies I pointed out above.

That swimming text, in my opinion, possibly complicated things for her that day and possibly had some unforeseen knock-on effects in terms of both her interview and the drive by.

Last edited:
It looks like you edited out a lot of this post. I wanted to respond to the portion where you referenced WA discussing DM wanting to take the boys swimming that day and her subsequent discussion with CA about it. I absolutely believe her when she says she discussed this with CA because she was terrified about the prospect of the boys being with DM before the hitmen committed the murder. I also believe her when she says CA told her not to worry about it (presumably because he was confident that the crime would have been completed). AND THAT, I believe, is why WA drove to the crime scene. She needed to make sure that there wasn't a chance she would be putting her children in the line of fire.
Still, assuming that was the case, what would she have done if she had driven by and Dan hadn’t been killed yet? And how would she have expected to ascertain whether the crime had occurred, was she going to check to see if he was alive in the house? Assuming she didn’t think the police would be called or the street would be blocked, how would she know thr murder had occurred even if it had? The whole thing seems like a bad idea to me.

After CA and now DA and the millions$ expended for their defense, who would ever think that once co-defendant Luis Rivera would be the wisest of the bunch.

Served his time, and his release date nears --

LUIS RIVERA
Register Number: 07850-104
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Marianna FCI
Release Date: 05/16/2026

Of course, it makes perfect sense. Aaaargh!!! Wish I could give your post 2 LOVEs and 3 Wows!!!
Okay, I'll figure it out..... LOVE LOVE and Wow, WOW, WOW!!!

After CA and now DA and the millions$ expended for their defense, who would ever think that once co-defendant Luis Rivera would be the wisest of the bunch.

LUIS RIVERA
Race:White
Sex:Male

Didn’t he have a public defender? The father son team?

I don’t think he told her that Dan had been shot until she got to the station. She has a phone message about a shooting on Trescott, and they listen to it together, and then he tells her it’s Dan who has been shot. It looks to me like the phone message is the first she’s hearing about any shooting. They might have told her something bad happened involving her ex husband, we don’t know. But she starts crying hysterically when Isom tells her it’s Dan, which leads me to believe this is the first time they’ve told her. ,
Right but she commented that on the ride, she thought she was going to be seen as a suspect.

She says, if I recall, in the writing podcast that in around Sept. 2015 she is to start her new job with the judge. That may possibly have been when she moved into the Courts, and they moved into the Icon. Or possibly sometime before that but after the writing podcast episode. I believe that they rented the place in the Icon, and then on the bump calls were talking to Charlie about possibly moving into a different one. Possibly the owner of the first place was selling and wasn’t going to extend their lease, or possibly they just wanted something different, who knows. We don’t know whether they did, in fact move to a different Icon unit at that time.

I believe they continued to live in Icon until they moved to Brickell in 2021. I believe records show they bought the place in Brickell, possibly they didn’t want to rent anymore. Brickell is a strange area, in my opinion, for an older Jewish couple to move, and it’s not really that close enough to Wendi or their grandsons for them to help. If I recall correctly, Donna does say in one of the overheard post-conviction hot mic calls that Wendi doesn’t seem to need or want their help as much with the boys anymore, and that she rarely comes over. (Though the planners we’ve seen seem to me to indicate that weekly family dinners did continue in the time leading up to the trial). There may possibly have been some financial motive for the purchase.
Right. Moving to Brickell was kind of a “shove it” to Wendi imo. Surprising.

Wendi lives in an apartment valued at 1 million. Even if she truly owns it in full, it may not be liquid in true sense of the word as she needs to live somewhere- and likely has exacting definitions of "safe area" and "good schools" that further limit her options.

As for apartments, theoretical net income can be very different from actual gross income. If applicable, mortgage payment on the properties must be met. Rental properties need maintenance- and efficient, reliable maintenance guys charge accordingly. Even units in good areas can get blitzed with non paying deadbeats taking advantage of cumbersome eviction processes- extended by free and easy appeals. Then, the tax guy / girl comes.... .

In the end, I think your observation of wealth being relative is key: By many standards, Wendi lives well.

But, there maybe a hint of "Quiet Desperation" to her standard of living:

Non liquid assets, Gross verse net rental income realities, and..... as @amicuscurie notes, having little real world experience and competing in a job market featuring a glut of attorneys while having a reputation that some employers probably just don't want to deal with.
Of course wealth is relative.
But she isn’t really working now.
If she needed the money she’d be using her law degree, I’d assume.
You can see what she owes on the court if you look it up.
She bought for 600 and change. It’s’ worth a million now.
So she gets 400 plus whatever equity she has on it.

Didn’t he have a public defender? The father son team?
Yes, for his charges by the State of Florida-- Chuck Collins. He was represented by Sky Smith for his Federal charges (he's serving his sentences concurrently in BPO).

ETA: It was 10 years on July 19 that Dan & Wendi's sons lost their father. I doubt they have much memory of him -- raised in the toxic environment of the Adelsons.

Last edited:
Of course wealth is relative.
You can see what she owes on the court if you look it up.
She bought for 600 and change. It’s’ worth a million now.
So she gets 400 plus whatever equity she has on
I believe it’s been reported that she has had jobs in the legal field since she moved to Miami.

Yes, for his charges by the State of Florida-- Chuck Collins. He was represented by Sky Smith for his Federal charges (he's serving his sentences concurrently in BPO).

ETA: It was 10 years on July 19 that Dan & Wendi's sons lost their father. I doubt they have much memory of him -- raised in the toxic environment of the Adelsons.
They are often referred to as having been toddlers, but the older boy was almost 5, if I recall correctly. Speaking generally from my own experience, and not about this particular case, children remember things that happened and people they knew when they were 4 and 5. These children experienced the death of a parent and then within days they were moved hundreds of miles from their home, school, friends, and the only life they had known.

Last edited:
I believe it’s been reported that she has had jobs in the legal field since she moved to Miami.
She said on the stand she does fundraising and “some” assylum work. Lol You keep me on my toes. As soon as I post something and I’m off the site, I realize you will straighten me out! Haha. I meant full time. I realized that as soon as I got off here.Coming on between breaks

They are often referred to as having been toddlers, but the older boy was almost 5, if I recall correctly. Speaking generally from my own experience, and not about this particular case, children remember things that happened and people they knew when they were 4 and 5. These children experienced the death of a parent and then within days they were moved hundreds of miles from their home, school, friends, and the only life they had known.
I remember feeding llamas at a zoo. I just remember them grabbing food out of my hands. I was probably 3. It’s one of the only memories I have at that age.

LUIS RIVERA
Race:White
Sex:Male

He will write a book- It will be called “The blog is Wendi”.

She said on the stand she does fundraising and “some” assylum work. Lol You keep me on my toes. As soon as I post something and I’m off the site, I realize you will straighten me out! Haha. I meant full time. I realized that as soon as I got off here.Coming on between breaks
Hypothetically it might be hard for someone even tangentially related to a murder conspiracy, and with little to no experience, to find and keep a job.

Though I agree with you other points, there are several considerations that may but a damper on her ability to use her law degree consistently to generate income. These considerations could include:

- Little real world experience, a glut of attorneys, and a certain reputation that potential legal employers may shy away from.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985
Back