Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time LE searches that swamp it piles more pressure on the CL and RL... might this be reason enough to conduct them? Training exercises, potentially on the Laundrie's nickle? MO

John Walsh says he thinks Brian Laundrie is hiding out in Mexico after getting help from family | Daily Mail Online
What are your thoughts on John Walsh’s theory BL is in Mexico? He said on the ID program that aired last night that he thinks the Laundries took him to the Mexico border and dropped him off after the “camping trip”.

It’s possible. It’s also possible he’s dead in Carlton Reserve or anywhere. LE has to come up with evidence and support for their ideas, as they translate them into action. These TV personalities do not.

What should LE be doing right now? They have sunk huge amounts of resources into this hunt? To just start searching Mexico would be an epic project and in what evidence other than he “could” be there.

I’m curious when he thinks CL drove him to the Mexican border and how that would fit into the known timeline.
2,800 miles roundtrip from North Port, FL to Laredo, TX. 44 hours driving, nonstop.

But if that was the plan, why waste 2-3 days sitting in a campground doing nothing before speeding off to Mexico? It doesn't make a lot of sense, IMO.

what's terrifying is he hacked his gf to death and they protected him! good god.
I am so sorry this happened to your friend. He's in prison correct?
I think BL's family/family friends are helping conceal him or giving him shelter at a cabin, summer home, or second house up in upper state NY. MOO.
Yes finally in custody, not sure what the deal will be with his trial but he's a previous violent felon who had already been in prison for 15 years. Poor Liz was too nice and trusting.

It matters to me if they made that decision before or after they learned that GP was dead. If they thought she was just missing, but refused to help in the search then I am with the pitchfork and torches crowd because that goes beyond human decency. But if they had just been told she was dead at their son's hands while the text/message was still fresh on the phone, then as a parent I can easily see not contacting the family and facing that ordeal while the foundations of my life were still shaking from that earthquake. I can even see, as a parent, not wanting to see my child go to the electric chair and thus not aiding LE in their search for him until/unless I thought he had (or was about) to kill himself.
I get that. In my opinion, things would’ve been much better for Brian if they had contacted the best attorney out there, negotiated a plea deal for the most reduced sentence they could. I don’t know in what world they thought Brian would not ever have to face consequences unless they were hoping her body would never be found. All of the above assuming Brian had told them he killed her. If they believed she was alive and well when he last saw her, we are back to pitchforks and torches.

I said nothing about a vehicle, public transportation would have been fine at that juncture. A fake ID is not unheard of and are readily available if you have a mind for it. Having food delivered is extremely common. Referring someone for a caretaking job is NOT an outrage or rare, lol, and law firm two wouldn't be privy to his real name or fugitive status. SB is up to his neck, one way or another-- however I do believe he thinks he can loophole his way around things, and maybe he can-- the laws let me down fairly often.

My only sticking point, truly, is the swamp story and the liability his folks face for the wild goose chase. I posted a few days back (when CL went to the Reserve) that I think when all is said and done, BL might emerge from that swamp in order to relieve his parents from being held accountable for lying and the cost of the extensive searches.

MOO
so, again... the family KNOWS he did it. Despite their fairly middle class wealth, they have sufficient funds to convince a NY lawyer to risk his livelihood and freedom to hide a known murderer. Knowing he did it and knowing he will need to go into hiding, the family takes a camping trip first and then puts him on public transportation?

Public transportation!

No.

Just reading the word "neighbour" has me thinking false, and should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

I believe it...I believe he's getting help from family/friends. My friend Liz Quackenbush was axed to death in New Orleans by her bf n March. He was on the run till July, and they found him at a family reunion in Indiana. He had been hidden and helped along by several family members. Granted, that case wasn't nearly as famous as this one so it might be harder for Brian to hide IMO

Im ever so sorry about your friend and am glad that her killer was caught and taken out of circulation from society. Those who kill like that are a danger that can erupt at any time.

Yes, it’s possible BL has had help and is hiding at some friend or acquaintance’s place. Or squatting in some empty shelter.

No. They did not necessarily know that van was in Gabby’s name only. Many parents try and at least partially succeed in staying out of their kids’ business especially when SO’s are involved.

Ive known of several situations where a couple or siblings , cousins, whatever, who share a vehicle, bank account, apt even a house and it’s just in one person’s name. Sometimes not in the name of the main contributor to the account , asset, lease, deed. Sometimes it worked out fine. Sometimes it did not.

My son was engaged for a couple of years before he married snd I was not privy to whose name was on what except by happenchance.

The Laundries probably had a lot to say to BL when he returned without Gabby, in terms of her belongings there. They may have asked what happened and where she was, but not pressed when a very upset BL said he didn’t want to discuss it right now. Given it a bit of time. They likely had no inkling of the horror that had occurred. It would not have entered my mind either and I’d have let it rest for a bit.

MOO, the tests, emails, etc from Gabby’s family were likely what let them know something was very wrong. And they chose to get professional help in dealing with it

I can't imagine why it would ever occur to anyone to wonder who the van their adult son is traveling in is registered to. And what other vehicle would he return in if not the one he left in? Of all the things the Laundries could be criticized for, not knowing the legal registration of someone else's vehicle is not one of them, IMO

Just reading the word "neighbour" has me thinking false, and should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Apparently, LE not taking the report that seriously as they are doubling down in searching the Carlton Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67