Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface by saying that I truly believe Brian killed Gabby.

For countless threads all I've seen is mainly speculation on their relationship. While it may have been abusive and it would indicate as such from the Moab police stop, it doesn't have to mean Brian controlled everything in Gabby's life.

Blaming Brian and inventing scenarios based on scant knowledge of their relationship I feel people are doing Gabby a disservice.

By going to the extreme in order not to victim blame, people are actually inferring that she was not a strong-willed woman with her own mind.

She was setting up a website, vlogging and exploring, things SHE was very focused and excited about (according to her dad).

I think I even read a suggestion that Brian made her read the books only he liked. Like seriously?

I do believe the relationship was toxic sometimes, but not to the extent where she had no free will.

Please don't let her life be in vain. She seemed to me to be a very free spirited, kind and outgoing girl who loved her life.

"Quiche, post: 17192907, member: 41740"

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

JMO... today.
IMO you are stretching here. If his parents felt he needed to run and went to all the trouble you described, they are not going to waste a few days camping or buy the new phone in his name BL had no idea when the body might be found, or when her parents might become suspicious. I am not ruling out that his parents helped him or that left before the 13th. I just don’t think the parents knew and hatched a plan before camping. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Professional help to answer a phone call?
They must be in dire need!

They were. They likely could tell from the messages that Gabby was missing. And it’s possible that BL had not told them that part and they just assumed the couple broke up and she went off somewhere safe like to her family, just as their son did. The implications of that is gut wrenching and they knew immediately they had a problem. More than they could handle. They knew someone who might have advice in such circumstances on how to handle LE.

I'm betting that they thought the van was registered to Brian. So, he brought HIS van home. I bet J Petito in one of the calls or text said something like is Gabby's van sitting in your driveway? Where is Gabby, the owner of the van? jmo
I do not think for one minute they thought that Van was his - nope. Gabby traded her Nissan in for the Van - if that Van was in his name he would need to carry insurance and the rates for an under 25 year old male are sky high here in Florida. I think they knew everything that happened starting on around 8/27 -29 and assisted in getting their boy home and safe. I believe the 9/6 camping trip was a farewell and he's someplace far away.
JMO

I do not know how they can KNOW he’s dead. But they can profile a case and come up with probabilities. BL and his parents are not diabolical criminal masterminds and this is not a carefully planned out crime and escape. I think LE knows this. The wildcard here is that BL does know the Reserve and wilderness living better than the average person.
I agree about the masterminds part. The other wildcard is the fact that BL had at least 12 days before LE started sniffing around.

Edited 10 days to 12

Last edited:
I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
Perhaps LE is back searching in the Reserve because the flood waters have receded since they were last there?
jmho

Oh, sorry...I have read a lot about the people involved in this case, but missed all those details on Brian's character prior to the trip. Thanks for filling me in on those details--I'm not keeping up, I guess. Given what a slacker he was, I wonder what purpose he served in Gabby's life?
Having been young and in love...when you're that age do you need a 'purpose' other than how you feel about each other?

https://twitter.com/shannoncwtsp/status/1448726789782638598?s=21

MEET K9 DIESEL ‍
This is Pasco County's human remains K9 assisting in the search for #BrianLaundrie at the Carlton Reserve
➡️K9 Diesel is Labrador Retriever
➡️He is certified in human remains detection
➡️He is one of the only forensics-integrated K9s in the country

Thanks for posting :) Very nice this department has their OWN dedicated HRD K-9. That's a luxury for many departments. I noticed this boy is in a graveyard. It's possible he's also used to work cold cases with a focus on archaeological remains. That's a general comment and nothing related to Gabby's case. IMO

Swamp areas are difficult because they produce a ton of stink including methane from vegetation. These dogs I'm sure are proofed on creative compost piles during training. Wild hogs and gators are attracted to decomp and dangerous to come across in swamp areas. Mad respect to the dogs and handlers that work in these swamp areas. This is a very tragic case, however nothing makes me smile more ear to ear than a happy working dog. IMO

I think he sunk his hooks into her when she was very young. She was reportedly a very caring person, so I expect he relied on pity, but it eventually turned into fear. MOO
My theory is he was trying to groom her to be a good obedient innocent wife, but when she started having a mind of her own, he could no longer 'handle' her, and didn't want anyone else to 'have' her.

He’s sure laying it on thick. Sounds like celebrity gossip barbs.:p
Seriously. An actual attorney who can’t produce his client calling people “dusty relics” for LOOKING for his client?!? o_O And the same attorney calling people “publicity hungry” while GIVING AN INTERVIEW TO TMZ?!? Please insert head exploding emoji here.

Some people share their money without counting how many pennies each put in. Each partner brings something to the relationship and if it works for them, people shouldn't judge or call one partner a moocher. By your definition, I've been a moocher for a good part of my life. But I know my husband doesn't see it that way and neither do I.
I agree with you completely. It's not all about the money. MOO - I see BL as more of a taker than a giver. I don't do social media, so other people may know of some socially redeeming quality that he possesses.

I’m also starting to wonder if the FBI knows he is dead. Maybe that is why it took THREE days for them to get in contact with Dennis Davis, there certainly was no urgency there. Also, no posters being placed around town.
I'm sorry: who is Dennis Davis? Also, in the absence of having found his remains, how would they know he was dead? Even if he left a suicide note they would obviously need proof.

Who is funding this safe house? Certainly, the police have followed up on all the Laundries' potential hiding spots, so who is helping out Brian? about the one reason, a run to NY might make sense...
Betcha the FBI has a good idea and they're letting him simmer while they collect more evidence to solid up the case.

I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
I wonder if they backed off for a few days in order to see if he started moving in there? I agree, there just has to be something causing them to go back, beyond the parents’ word. The only thing I don’t get is if he’s alive in there & they detected any movement, wouldn’t he be “easy” to find after that, ie can’t a person only go so far on foot in a given timeframe. I’m definitely perplexed by how much time they’ve spent there. I don’t even know if they’d spend that much time if they thought he was dead?!

wait. it's your theory that the family knew he killed her shortly after his arrival, acquired a hiding place for him, and just had him hang around the house for a week, including a little camping trip? During which time they "acquired a fake ID," found some vehicle he could use without record of their involvement in owning it, arranged (with who?) to stock a place they had never been, did not own, had no keys to, and had no way of knowing if said place was watched, inhabited, or otherwise monitored. You think not one but two different law firms are engaged in hiding a fugitive (risking their licenses at best) all at the behest of some people who are not exactly filthy rich....

No.

I said nothing about a vehicle, public transportation would have been fine at that juncture. A fake ID is not unheard of and are readily available if you have a mind for it. Having food delivered is extremely common. Referring someone for a caretaking job is NOT an outrage or rare, lol, and law firm two wouldn't be privy to his real name or fugitive status. SB is up to his neck, one way or another-- however I do believe he thinks he can loophole his way around things, and maybe he can-- the laws let me down fairly often.

My only sticking point, truly, is the swamp story and the liability his folks face for the wild goose chase. I posted a few days back (when CL went to the Reserve) that I think when all is said and done, BL might emerge from that swamp in order to relieve his parents from being held accountable for lying and the cost of the extensive searches.

MOO

IMO I believe he left Gabby in that spot and she would never be found, leaving him free and clear to live his life as if she didn't exist. He must have been holding his breathe waiting UNTIL they did find her and he split for parts unknown.

JMO Only

He left his parents' house before Gabby was found. But, after she was reported missing and after the Petito family started trying to call.

Sept 11. Gabby is registered as a missing person in Long Island. North Port LE are contacted and go to the Laundrie home.

Sept. 13. Date that BL apparently went missing himself, having previously been reported by the family as Sept. 14. Took the Mustang to the M. Creek parking lot.

Sept. 19. Gabby Petito's body is found at the same campsite where the van is captured on video by the Bethunes.

So did not wait until she was found and leave for parts unknown.

I think he knew she would be found and he did virtually nothing to hide her body - it was in an area with nice, paved pull-outs and creek access - someone was sure to find the body sooner rather than later. He had to have known that. This goes to his state of mind as he drove back to FL, while he was camping with his parents, and why he went missing when he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67