Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BL could never produce that much hair on his head unless he glued it on.

amateur opinion and speculation

People actually think that in just a month and a half, this heavily balding guy could've just magically grew a full head of 5-10 inch long hair?
Oh my haha.

Seriously though, he could have grown out his beard and could look a bit more scruffy, that's about it. Whoever came up with those pics didn't take into account his very receeded hairline.

...meanwhile, BL takes a break from watching nature docs on the big screen in his safe house to order up a three cheezer from Dominos.

Who is funding this safe house? Certainly, the police have followed up on all the Laundries' potential hiding spots, so who is helping out Brian? about the one reason, a run to NY might make sense...

There's been a niggling at the base of my brain for the past few days and now seems as good a time as any to put it out there...

It's been a mystery as to why the Laundrie's reached out to SB for help, but it occurs to me the answer may be glaring-- his specialty, REAL ESTATE.

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

It's even possible SB doesn't know exactly where he is...

Deluxe.

No wonder Mom and Dad's biggest concern are the protesters in the front yard.

JMO... today.

good insight!

ya.

Protesters/public are not going away until BL is caught and they feel safe.

Laundries (mom, pop, and sis) cannot fight the protesters (society). They will be forced to flee for their own safety.

SB probably looking for new homes right now for the whole family.
He's getting lots of business here I would surmise.

I’m also starting to wonder if the FBI knows he is dead. Maybe that is why it took THREE days for them to get in contact with Dennis Davis, there certainly was no urgency there. Also, no posters being placed around town.
If that were the case, they wouldn't be wasting so much tax payer money in these searches unless its an training requirement ploy.

I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching their solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
well, it did flood, those waters have receded now. This search looks to be targeted to small areas and it seems to be quite intensive in those small areas from the bits I've picked up watching Fox and WFLA chopper reports..
It looks to me that they are working on calculations they have made based on something we don't know about..? That's not very helpful, is it?

We can debate all day long why the Laundries didn't answer phone calls from Gabby Petito's parents. People have suggested reasons such as wrong numbers, lack of phone expertise, no voicemail set-up, bad feelings over the break-up, they didn't like each other, and on and on.

But this does not address the white elephant sitting out in their driveway - the VAN. You can go ahead and believe the Laundries had no experience with phones, or they were just introverts who didn't want to talk to the Petitos. Even if BL's family had no clue where Gabby was, or didn't believe Gabby was missing, they surely had to know that Brian did NOT own that Van, and that might be what Gabby's parents were calling about, right? Every time they looked out the window, that van was sitting there. Really they should have been calling the Petitos asking what to do with the van, not the other way around.
I'm betting that they thought the van was registered to Brian. So, he brought HIS van home. I bet J Petito in one of the calls or text said something like is Gabby's van sitting in your driveway? Where is Gabby, the owner of the van? jmo

I’m also starting to wonder if the FBI knows he is dead. Maybe that is why it took THREE days for them to get in contact with Dennis Davis, there certainly was no urgency there. Also, no posters being placed around town.
I mentioned this earlier last thread; besides finding remains, how would the FBI know he was dead?

I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
I agree. Some information or intelligence that they’re not sharing with the public gave them strong reason to continue searching for him in there, possibly deceased.

The sporadic nature of the searches, the going back and forth to the Laundrie home to collect things, the ignoring of various sightings around the country, indicate to me that they’re looking for remains. MOO

I don't know if one adult can tell LE something for another adult. I don't believe we know if LE ever saw him there or anywhere since MOAB. In any case, I really doubt that the one set of adults can hand out a card that says a completely different adult won't speak to LE. But it's their mess to sort out, looks like a conflict of interest to be representing 3 different adults at once, all originating from the same household, with different potential problems with the law. IMO
I’m not talking about them speaking on Brian’s behalf, they are independent adults separate from Brian, they decide for themselves if they want to cooperate. Of course someone living in the house with the last known person to be with someone that has a missing report filed on them, LE is going to want to talk to. I don’t know what is so difficult about that to understand. They are witnesses after the fact because they live in the house with Brian, they could share whatever communications he had with him whether he told them truths or not, no matter how little or how much he said. By your logic no witness would ever be called to testify during a trial in court. Of course no one can tell LE you cannot talk to another adult. They were able to tell LE we will not allow you to come in our house, because LE did not have a warrant, thereby shielding Brian from having to talk to them IF he was at home. They refused to have any conversation about Gabby with LE. MOO

edited to add they would do this, speak with LE, because they want to help find Gabby

Last edited:
No. They did not necessarily know that van was in Gabby’s name only. Many parents try and at least partially succeed in staying out of their kids’ business especially when SO’s are involved.

Ive known of several situations where a couple or siblings , cousins, whatever, who share a vehicle, bank account, apt even a house and it’s just in one person’s name. Sometimes not in the name of the main contributor to the account , asset, lease, deed. Sometimes it worked out fine. Sometimes it did not.

My son was engaged for a couple of years before he married snd I was not privy to whose name was on what except by happenchance.

The Laundries probably had a lot to say to BL when he returned without Gabby, in terms of her belongings there. They may have asked what happened and where she was, but not pressed when a very upset BL said he didn’t want to discuss it right now. Given it a bit of time. They likely had no inkling of the horror that had occurred. It would not have entered my mind either and I’d have let it rest for a bit.

MOO, the tests, emails, etc from Gabby’s family were likely what let them know something was very wrong. And they chose to get professional help in dealing with it
Professional help to answer a phone call?
They must be in dire need!

There's been a niggling at the base of my brain for the past few days and now seems as good a time as any to put it out there...

It's been a mystery as to why the Laundrie's reached out to SB for help, but it occurs to me the answer may be glaring-- his specialty, REAL ESTATE.

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

It's even possible SB doesn't know exactly where he is...

Deluxe.

No wonder Mom and Dad's biggest concern are the protesters in the front yard.

JMO... today.

wait. it's your theory that the family knew he killed her shortly after his arrival, acquired a hiding place for him, and just had him hang around the house for a week, including a little camping trip? During which time they "acquired a fake ID," found some vehicle he could use without record of their involvement in owning it, arranged (with who?) to stock a place they had never been, did not own, had no keys to, and had no way of knowing if said place was watched, inhabited, or otherwise monitored. You think not one but two different law firms are engaged in hiding a fugitive (risking their licenses at best) all at the behest of some people who are not exactly filthy rich....

No.

Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case | Fox News

Fun war of words:

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said
Welp. Cue my disgust for SB for today. This guy truly needs to shut up. How does DTBH effect him at all? At the very minimum, he’s attempting to help locate SB’s client for him! I would think that locating him would be applauded by an attorney who looks forward to the justice system working the way it should. I have not followed a ton of cases but I have never seen a lawyer make their clients more reprehensible to the public. Utterly absurd. JMO.

I mentioned this earlier last thread; besides finding remains, how would the FBI know he was dead?
Perhaps from the parents saying he was clearly suicidal, coupled with signs that BL went into the reserve (trail cams, pings, dna, bits of clothing) and likely didn’t come out. Maybe he really did leave with no money and no provisions.

Watching this live stream WFLA did earlier, it looks like there is a security camera on the power pole where the K9 vehicles are parked. Wonder how many security cameras are actually on the reserve? I don't recall reading about security cameras, just trail cameras.

I do not know how they can KNOW he’s dead. But they can profile a case and come up with probabilities. BL and his parents are not diabolical criminal masterminds and this is not a carefully planned out crime and escape. I think LE knows this. The wildcard here is that BL does know the Reserve and wilderness living better than the average person.

I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
Weather, water level. Could be searching for evidence as well not just a body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member