Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not grab the steering wheel. That was one of his lies. It was so obvious a lie that the officer asked him if she also put her foot on the gas.
With respect real life is not what is portrayed in movies. In the early threads of this we had a female police officer who had rank but she was a victim of domestic violence and coercive control. And someone else has given the example of Tina Turner. A strong, famous woman who was a victim of DV.
All true, good post.
I think Gabby was way, way over her head in this situation, and sadly payed the ultimate price; her life. It would seem whatever condition Brian has that requires medication, spun out of control once he left the structure and routine of his parents home. Given all his uncontrolled outbursts, he likely needed medical intervention. Poor dear Gabby. I'm sure she tried her best.

Amateur opinion and speculation

For the record, if at any point BL did leave GP alone at camp, I think she was fully capable of handling it. She might not have liked it, especially if they were fighting and he temporarily abandoned her, but I don't think she would react by going around looking for help. Personally, I suspect he left her alone at camp other times while he went off and hiked. Taking her phone, her keys, all known behavior. There is at least one sighting of him alone in the van, and others unconfirmed. They were young and confined during this trip. Breaks from each other seem inevitable. Jmo.
You're not describing a healthy break there though. There's no equity in this break.

Yep.
I've watched it.
I see it closing
I'd like to know what difference it makes? I know it drives people nuts that some people don't see it but seriously, so what? How does it affect the timeline? Who do people think is the one closing it? Where is the other person of the duo? Why is this such a big deal? jmo

Have we read or been told that only Gabby's name was on these cards?
Was either of her parents attached to any of these cards? Have we been told?

As an example, I have four daughters and on each of their accounts is their name, but my name is also on there. Sometimes to float them money, or god forbid something tragic was to happen to them I have access to that account.

As for my credit cards, I have attached their names to different credit cards I have so they can earn a higher credit score.

I don't think we've been told yet if a parent(s) name was also on an account.

If there was a parent or parents they would have immediate access to transactions on that account.
We haven't been told yet but I do the same thing you do for the same reasons.

JMO

In the affidavit and application for the search warrant on the Laundries home, it is stated that G and her mom talked a lot during the trip and sent multiple text messages. It goes on to say that during these conversations, there appeared to be more and more tension between B and G.

Sounds like maybe between his anxiety and growing tension, he may have just snapped.
THIS is going to come into play big time.

There are texts, pm's and emails that we don't have our hands on.

When all this information is finally released, I think it's going to put us all in shock!!

I'd like to know what difference it makes? I know it drives people nuts that some people don't see it but seriously, so what? How does it affect the timeline? Who do people think is the one closing it? Where is the other person of the duo? Why is this such a big deal? jmo
I think that the other person is lying in the field, over the creek, unresponsive. MOO.

It’s a feeling you get when you watch it. It’s slowly closing. Gabby’s flip flops are outside the van’s back door. It feels as though it was being closed because the person heard the approach of the Bethune van. There is something wrong there you can just feel it. Also it happens on August 27th evening after the Merry Piglets incident. My feeling is Gabby was inside but incapacitated or dead. Or in the field dead. She is not alive in that van. There is no life in the video. IMO.

You're not describing a healthy break there though. There's no equity in this break.
Of course not. I think if he wanted a break, he took it. What choice did she have? Waiting out a day or two at camp is a lot different than being abandoned on the side of the road, though. Moab was different.

We give credit to GP for all the hardworking she did, but can't give her the credit to camp by herself, whether by choice or not?

Last edited:
I don't doubt that. But why would GP try to go on months-long cross-country trips with BL in that case? If he was pushing for it, maybe. But it sounds like it was mostly her idea. And her parents provided the car for Trip #1. But his driving terrified her? I am not victim-blaming but I've never heard it said she was generally afraid of his driving, if that's what you are saying.
JMO

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

In the affidavit and application for the search warrant on the Laundries home, it is stated that G and her mom talked a lot during the trip and sent multiple text messages. It goes on to say that during these conversations, there appeared to be more and more tension between B and G.

Sounds like maybe between his anxiety and growing tension, he may have just snapped.

Have we seen the ‘affidavit and application for the search warrant on the Laundries home’ ? This sounds like the search warrant for the external hard drive to me. Jmo

I do believe the door is closing but I agree it probably makes no difference, I think it just gets the mind going. I find it so eerie. I know I’ve wondered what could have happened had the Bethune stopped & called out.

If they have repeatedly frightened you to the point of "Flight or Fight" panic attacks you will panic and hit at their arms, whatever, because some men will terrifie you with dangerous driving. They use the vehicle as a weapon. Jmo
He was attempting to leave her & her backpack in Moab, and drive off in her home. I can see her fighting to get back into the van & not be abondoned, possibly causing the injuries to his eye.
Moo

This is what I meant about 30 threads ago when I said BL would be unable to hide himself on the AT , because hikers talk, hostel owners, drivers, EVERYONE talks. And hikers have absolutely nothing better to do in the evenings than shoot the breeze.
And BL would never make it on the trail for more than about 2 days unless someone is resupplying him. Notice the recurring theme? FOOD. That's all you can think about.

From your experience on the AT would hikers there generally be willing to hide him, help him and/or be sympathetic, especially if he's telling them tales about his innocence and how he's just hiding out temporarily or something like that? I'm thinking of the thru-hiker culture, not the occasional or day hikers.

New Yorker describes experience of BL look-alike:
“...Next thing I see is a bunch of guys with riot shields with ‘U.S. Marshals’ written on them,” Beckwith said. “Handguns pointed at my face.”
Bounty Hunting for Brian Laundrie in a Land of Look-Alikes

The thing that bugs me more than anything is the way the Feds are behaving. BL is wanted for some minor credit card fraud and suspected of a sadly commonplace domestic homicide. And they're sending several armed men to stage a no-knock arrest? Not to mention the massive search in in Florida.

It just seems like a lot more than I'd expect for someone who committed those crimes, and makes me wonder whether there's something more going on than what we know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay