Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen anyone say that Gabby and Brian were arguing before his anger at the staff. It is being spoken about as another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger.
Were have you read that they were arguing and the staff got involved?
I added the interview to this thread :) see below.
I just wanted to add the interview with the restaurant witness from my OP to this thread. I should have added it to multi quote before the thread closed but I didn’t think about it. So if anyone needs it for reference, here it is.

If he came back in to argue 4 times then that would indicate to me, IMO, that he was angry at the restaurant/staff and not so much at Gabby. If his ire was at Gabby he had no reason to come back into the restaurant, they just would've carried on arguing outside.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Brian's anger seemed to be aimed at the restaurant/staff, but much has been made about an argument between him and Gabby at their table before staff got involved.

If Gabby was crying, then it's not unreasonable to think that Brian was angry not at Gabby, but he was defending her, or was angry because something had upset her.

MOO
I’m surprised the restaurant didn’t call the police on BL. I once had to on an unruly customer.

For me, the fact that the woman who saw Brian and Gabby in Merry Piglets has an online presence/following loosens her credibility.

I wonder how many extra followers she's gained since going public with what she saw? The stories she posted about it were certainly very self-indulgent and melodramatic IMO.

Also, if she had to point out to her other half that they were arguing when this was supposedly going on at the table right next to them it can hardly have been an argument with raised voices, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to point it out.

Unless the tables in that restaurant are positioned 40ft apart perhaps.. ;)

MOO
Concur. I immediately made a mental note of this telling of events the first day it came out. I read about it days before it was on msm where I could post it here. Idk want to make judgments… it’s possible any statement to the press is an over exaggeration.

"Perhaps he was just looking to make imprints on witnesses..."

Makes sense. Even if her remains were not found for a long time, she had parents that would report her missing fairly quickly and he would be the person of interest. It doesn't hurt to have a narrative out there that he had been hiking alone after he was last seen with her alive. That could bring in reasonable doubt in a jury.

Bolding mine...

I wonder why people want to use "I was doing something alone" as an alibi? Just me, but I think it's the worst possible way to distance yourself from something if you tell people you were alone at the time.

The witness at the restaurant, Merry Piglets, said in her interview that she pointed out the confrontation between Brian, Gabby and the staff to her partner. I'm getting that he wasn't aware of what was going on. What I take from that is that it must not have been the screaming match that I had previously thought, based on prior discussions of the incident.

And the first thing the witness describes is Gabby getting up crying, then Brian angry with staff. Yes, various ways to interrupt. Not necessarily mad at each other. This might change my opinion on how this influence what happened at Spreading Creek, and Gabby's boots still with her. Did they camp there on the 27th together? Was it something else?
Oh no, didn't know that!! Feel bad for my comment now. Previous thread so can't delete it :(.

I do believe she was trying to remember to the best of her ability. BUT...very interesting that she seem to say that Gabby got up crying and left first and THEN Brian started arguing with staff. Did waitress upset Gabby? And Brian lose his temper?

Or it could have been just angry talk at first but became a screaming match when he went back in four times to argue.

When it was first reported and I believe it was TikTok people who talked about it, they said he was speaking quietly but intensely and aggressively - about something.

No mention of anything except him going in and out 4 times, no mention of screaming in any account that I've heard or read.

When the second girl who gave him a ride to the road to Spread Creek offered to take him in all the way to his van and he said no, she teased him and said something like, OH, you want your fiancée to see you hiking in, not being seen to be hitchhiking! Then he jumped out of the car. jmo
BL was strange!!!

Here: Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

".. she witnessed Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie get into an explosive argument"

And here: Gabby & Brian had 'huge fight at restaurant before she was last seen'

"Gabby Petito had ‘full-blown fight with aggressive Brian Laundrie at restaurant"

And here: Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie had an ‘incident’ in a Wyoming restaurant, manager says

"A manager of a Wyoming restaurant said she saw a “commotion” between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie"

You state that this is "another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger". Can you please reference the other times where he's had a lack of control over his anger?

As far as I'm aware, the only footage we've seen of BL is the Moab police stop FOOTAGE, in which he doesn't seem angry at all.

He comes across as polite, well mannered, cooperative with the police, and if anything, a bit nervous and anxious. I didn't detect any anger whatsoever so I'm curious as to how you've made this deduction when that's the only footage any of us have seen of him.

TIA

MOO
The first 911 call where the witness saw him running along the sidewalk and slapping the female.
He doesn't come off as polite and cooperative with the police to me. IMO, he is currying favor with the police, especially the one who had to talk about his own toxic wife to a man who the witness had said was slapping his partner. He called Gabby crazy and dissed 'her little blog'.
All my opinion, plus the fact that Gabby is now dead.

When it was first reported and I believe it was TikTok people who talked about it, they said he was speaking quietly but intensely and aggressively - about something.

No mention of anything except him going in and out 4 times, no mention of screaming in any account that I've heard or read.
Can you imagine how he acted in private if he was like this in a public place? He’s very dangerous MOO

I’m surprised the restaurant didn’t call the police on BL. I once had to on an unruly customer.

This implies to me that maybe public accounts of this incident are exaggerated. IMO

( I did read in one article about this that local police deferred comment to the FBI, so it's possible the police were called and we don't know. )

The first 911 call where the witness saw him running along the sidewalk and slapping the female.
He doesn't come off as polite and cooperative with the police to me. IMO, he is currying favor with the police, especially the one who had to talk about his own toxic wife to a man who the witness had said was slapping his partner. He called Gabby crazy and dissed 'her little blog'.
All my opinion, plus the fact that Gabby is now dead.

We will have to agree to differ on this one then.

From the footage I saw, both Gabby and Brian came across as well mannered, cooperative and polite.

MOO

Here: Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

".. she witnessed Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie get into an explosive argument"

And here: Gabby & Brian had 'huge fight at restaurant before she was last seen'

"Gabby Petito had ‘full-blown fight with aggressive Brian Laundrie at restaurant"

And here: Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie had an ‘incident’ in a Wyoming restaurant, manager says

"A manager of a Wyoming restaurant said she saw a “commotion” between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie"

You state that this is "another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger". Can you please reference the other times where he's had a lack of control over his anger?

As far as I'm aware, the only footage we've seen of BL is the Moab police stop FOOTAGE, in which he doesn't seem angry at all.

He comes across as polite, well mannered, cooperative with the police, and if anything, a bit nervous and anxious. I didn't detect any anger whatsoever so I'm curious as to how you've made this deduction when that's the only footage any of us have seen of him.

TIA

MOO
The thing is, are we sure these weren't just clickbait? In the articles does it say they argued with each other or did they just mention the exchange with the staff?

JMO. I agree there is a lot of progress needed in regards to DV. DV victims often have a lot to lose simply by reporting abuse. The UK has laws against coercive control and emotional abuse, but I am not aware of any other country that has followed suit by making any advances to truly prevent or help victims of coercive control or emotional abuse. I personally felt that there were many red flags sent up suggesting coercive control and emotional abuse. I assume I am not alone and I also assume that LE that were there also saw that was a possibility, but the physical things are reason to arrest, but emotional abuse is not. Our society supports that both legally and mentally. The fact that those things were linked with physical marks but none requiring medical attention is telling of how we look at DV in America. Couple that with a police officer trash talking his wife and fist bumping Brian, we are where we are today. This case is a huge reflection of what is wrong with how we as a society views DV as a whole. We can be angry with a cop who behaved questionably. That is perfectly fine. I certainly hope that sparked something with law enforcement as a whole in how they react to DV situations. I highly doubt any LE that arrived at the scene thought it would escalate and their body cam footage would be there for the entire world to see and to critique. I doubt the majority of LE does not want to be seen in this light. At least I hope. A bit of a "what not to do" kind of example. I hope it brings a bit of change and maybe that change can turn into law. I have little faith that it will though. Heck, I have seen creepy internet spaces with both satirical (supposedly) or serious support for Brian as a DV victim and a victim of a society against men. It is all so sad and troubling. MOO
Memo to Police:

You can't "Bro" violent men out of violence.
They walk on eggshells near power, employing evey trick of placation, and then turn around and beat on weaker humans within their reach.
That's a bully, all charm near power greater than them, but when alone they are monsters to those less powerful.
They laugh at the stupidity of people trusting them.

And then he spent over 1k of her money, just for the hell of it while he drove her vehicle home without her. Slam dunk.
Maybe he had started plotting his disappearance and just stashed the money for the future. Didn't necessarily purchase a lot of stuff. jmo
Between both rides we know about, he shows real anxiety. Possibly imagined he would stumble upon a scene with LE upon return to the site.
YES. That's why he made sure to mention his fiancée at the van to both ride-givers. Alibi witnesses to his expecting to find his fiancée busily working on her project when he returned......and if LE had been there waiting for him, he would tell them to ask the girls who gave him rides. jmo Lucky for him, LE wasn't there, so he diddled around for a while (doing what) and then drove to Jackson for gas (was seen around 11pm) and left, south or east (I don't know what the routes look like) for Florida. jmo

Brian allegedly left and returned to argue four separate times within the same incident. They didn't return on four separate occasions to continue the same argument from a previous visit. It sounds to me like at some point Gabby and Brian were dissatisfied enough to leave and then Brian went back in a few times to give them a piece of his mind... or maybe they were asked by management to leave and Brian was going back in and out trying to plead their case to the manager. Either way it seems they visited Merry Piglets that one time.

ETA: I think I mistook your point the first time I read it. I see it now as why return to argue within that visit more than once.

They wouldn't be the first dissatisfied customers. Google reviews of Merry Piglets show some common themes (expensive, very small portions - but a really odd custom of offering 2 for 1 items, and then automatically adding 18% to the check - which is apparently in small print on the menu). $4 side of rice and beans gets you one small plastic cup (the kind usually used for salad dressing), one of each item.

Jackson's restaurants know they will never see most customers again - ever. And the one place in Jackson that I think locals eat is not next to the quaint town square, not touristed, has a basic coffee shop menu.

So, I can get being dissatisfied. But going in and out 4X to intensely (and apparently quietly) complain to various staff is not normal. Gabby cried and was embarrassed, so perhaps she knew this meant he was, once again, losing his temper.

I was not the original author of the 'screaming match'. I was responding to another poster who doubted that it could have been the 'screaming match that was reported' if the blogger had to draw her partner's attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay