Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to keep up with these threads, so this may have already been answered, but I believe it was @ShadyLady who asked if the witness at the Merry Piglets knew what Gabby was wearing that day. Accuweather.com says it was a high of 71 and low of 39 on August 27th, so in my opinion Gabby would likely have been wearing a sweatshirt in the evening. The nights were very cold, sometimes freezing during that time frame, which also hopefully helped to preserve her body.
Gruesome alert. Don’t read this post if you are sensitive to post mortem detail.
………………………..
Let’s be blunt, as I want the eventual jury to keep in mind. GP was left outdoors where wildlife disturbed her remains. No family should have this fate for their loved one.
Such evil.

amateur opinion and speculation

What puts doubt in my mind about him trying to formulate an alibi for himself is that he didn't have the lady he hitchhiked with take him directly to the van. Why would it matter if GP had been found already, or if the police were there when they pulled up? That lady he was riding with only could have served to support his alibi, which is supposedly why he was doing it to begin with. And he didn't contact authorities when he got back to the van, either.

Why would he be so adamant about telling these people who he was, about GP's vlog and van, etc., but then after taking all these steps to be seen and heard, suddenly decided not to follow through? To negate all his executed alibi plans and flee instead?

I'm not saying he couldn't have changed his mind. He very well might have freaked out once back to the crime scene area. But I just don't understand it and I'm not willing to marry myself to the alibi idea yet. Jmo.

This is why I wonder about him being mean and leaving GP back at the campground (or unlocked van) without her phone or keys. She would have missed her arrangements with Rose on the 29th, as well. GP would be justifiably upset and maybe THAT'S why BL didn't want to be dropped off directly at the van. And yes, I know...but NOBODY saw GP at the campground for two whole days? Maybe not. Or maybe they did and haven't gone public with it. Or maybe GP was scared of anyone knowing she was alone and vulnerable. Or maybe she was camping on the other side of the creek out of view. We don't know. But I'm willing to stay open- minded about the events between the 27th - 30th. The answers are in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Wyoming restaurant fight is key, FBI behavioral analyst says

Sat, October 16, 2021, 6:36 AM

upload_2021-10-16_14-22-27.png
Merry Piglets turns 50

Dr. Ann Wolbert Burgess, who pioneered the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, says the argument between fugitive Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito that witnesses observed at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27 may be the key to Petito's tragic fate.

One of the last times Petito, 22, was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Laundrie, 23, and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant called Merry Piglets, witness Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital in September.

"The restaurant incident … is the second and most important," Burgess, author of the forthcoming book "A Killer by Design: Murders, Mindhunters, and My Quest to Decipher the Criminal," told Fox News Digital of two events prior to Petito's death that she said raised red flags.

The forensic nurse said the other significant incident, indicative of serious problems in their relationship and danger in Laundrie's actions, was the domestic dispute called in on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah.

"How she has to apologize for his behavior is something that's kind of characteristic, and this probably enrages him even more because he wants to appear in a certain way," Burgess said of the incident at the restaurant.

Angelo, a photographer, said in September that she couldn’t overhear the conversation between Petito and Laundrie at the restaurant but believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, according to Angelo.

The restaurant incident, Burgess said, was "on the day or very close to the day that she is murdered," Burgess said.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday announced Petito's cause of death as strangulation and said she likely died three to four weeks before her remains were discovered on Sept. 19, could put her date of death between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30.

I am sure I speak for all forum members when I say we really appreciate posters such as you who can give us local perspective. Many of us have never lived in gator territory. Local posters have said that Carlton Reserve would be a miserable place to hide out for any length of time, with the mosquitos and wildlife there. That is one of the main reasons I don't think BL stayed there long, if indeed he ever went there. The other main reason I lean more heavily toward the "he's not there" side of the fence is that it's hard to imagine a fugitive staying so close to where he parked the getaway car. But people do some crazy things and it doesn't have to make sense. I am going to go 90/10 today on alive in hiding/dead. JMHO
I agree. He could have just walked out of Reserve even if he parked there and even if no one to help him.

Im not familiar with any of FL, but Around here, we have great Refuges and Reserves entwined with private woods and wild life areas where one can hide for a very long time. Can also walk to town snd blend in with the locals here. No one would notice BL here. So man who look just like him. Could even find under table work.

Memo to Police:

You can't "Bro" violent men out of violence.
They walk on eggshells near power, employing evey trick of placation, and then turn around and beat on weaker humans within their reach.
That's a bully, all charm near power greater than them, but when alone they are monsters to those less powerful.
They laugh at the stupidity of people trusting them.

Unfortunately the rates of DV in LEOs is alarmingly (IMO) high. It is scary to think there is a good chance of an abuser showing up at DV situation as the police officer that is supposed to be helping you. Especially when DV situations are so volatile and cops know that.

350$ gasoline. somebody worked it out the last time we discussed it.
Also it was 1k or more.
Could it be 10k?
I don't have the slightest idea how he spent it...
Depends on the mileage that van gets. Loaded with heavy junk, more. I couldn’t get to Grand Tetons in my car for $350 gas. More like $500. Also food and drink.

We don’t know how much cash he took out. It was at least $1000

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Wyoming restaurant fight is key, FBI behavioral analyst says

View attachment 317645
Merry Piglets turns 50

Dr. Ann Wolbert Burgess, who pioneered the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, says the argument between fugitive Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito that witnesses observed at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27 may be the key to Petito's tragic fate.

One of the last times Petito, 22, was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Laundrie, 23, and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant called Merry Piglets, witness Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital in September.

"The restaurant incident … is the second and most important," Burgess, author of the forthcoming book "A Killer by Design: Murders, Mindhunters, and My Quest to Decipher the Criminal," told Fox News Digital of two events prior to Petito's death that she said raised red flags.

The forensic nurse said the other significant incident, indicative of serious problems in their relationship and danger in Laundrie's actions, was the domestic dispute called in on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah.

"How she has to apologize for his behavior is something that's kind of characteristic, and this probably enrages him even more because he wants to appear in a certain way," Burgess said of the incident at the restaurant.

Angelo, a photographer, said in September that she couldn’t overhear the conversation between Petito and Laundrie at the restaurant but believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, according to Angelo.

The restaurant incident, Burgess said, was "on the day or very close to the day that she is murdered," Burgess said.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday announced Petito's cause of death as strangulation and said she likely died three to four weeks before her remains were discovered on Sept. 19, could put her date of death between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30.
Agree with the expert. It would seem he was completely unraveled at this point. <modnsip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. He could have just walked out of Reserve even if he parked there and even if no one to help him.

Im not familiar with any of FL, but Around here, we have great Refuges and Reserves entwined with private woods and wild life areas where one can hide for a very long time. Can also walk to town snd blend in with the locals here. No one would notice BL here. So man who look just like him. Could even find under table work.
He could have hiked straight through the reserve from the parked mustang to Rt 72 in under 2 hours (5.1 miles). So simple.

Depends on the mileage that van gets. Loaded with heavy junk, more. I couldn’t get to Grand Tetons in my car for $350 gas. More like $500. Also food and drink.

We don’t know how much cash he took out. It was at least $1000
Well those that worked it out took a lot of factors into account so I believe it's accurate.

What puts doubt in my mind about him trying to formulate an alibi for himself is that he didn't have the lady he hitchhiked with take him directly to the van. Why would it matter if GP had been found already, or if the police were there when they pulled up? That lady he was riding with only could have served to support his alibi, which is supposedly why he was doing it to begin with. And he didn't contact authorities when he got back to the van, either.

Why would he be so adamant about telling these people who he was, about GP's vlog and van, etc., but then after taking all these steps to be seen and heard, suddenly decided not to follow through? To negate all his executed alibi plans and flee instead?

I'm not saying he couldn't have changed his mind. He very well might have freaked out once back to the crime scene area. But I just don't understand it and I'm not willing to marry myself to the alibi idea yet. Jmo.

This is why I wonder about him being mean and leaving GP back at the campground (or unlocked van) without her phone or keys. She would have missed her arrangements with Rose on the 29th, as well. GP would be justifiably upset and maybe THAT'S why BL didn't want to be dropped off directly at the van. And yes, I know...but NOBODY saw GP at the campground for two whole days? Maybe not. Or maybe they did and haven't gone public with it. Or maybe GP was scared of anyone knowing she was alone and vulnerable. Or maybe she was camping on the other side of the creek out of view. We don't know. But I'm willing to stay open- minded about the events between the 27th - 30th. The answers are in there somewhere.
I think it was a dumb guys idea of an alibi and it wouldn't have worked, anyway! And he didn't need to say anything to anyone when he got back to the van and LE wasn't there. But he did not want second ride to drop him off at the van and know exactly where it was and also not see hide nor hair of the dutifully-waiting fiancée. jmo

View attachment 317645
Merry Piglets turns 50

This is the type of expert opinion I find irresponsible, frankly. It would be one thing if she were analyzing surveillance footage of the incident, but she is analyzing a third party's unverified account. This is no better than all of our speculation based on the same information, but it has the veneer of being more true since it comes from an 'expert' MOO

Gruesome alert. Don’t read this post if you are sensitive to post mortem detail.
………………………..
Let’s be blunt, as I want the eventual jury to keep in mind. GP was left outdoors where wildlife disturbed her remains. No family should have this fate for their loved one.
Such evil.

Coyotes got ahold of my brother. They even chewed his shoes off.

For me, the fact that the woman who saw Brian and Gabby in Merry Piglets has an online presence/following loosens her credibility.

I wonder how many extra followers she's gained since going public with what she saw? The stories she posted about it were certainly very self-indulgent and melodramatic IMO.

Also, if she had to point out to her other half that they were arguing when this was supposedly going on at the table right next to them it can hardly have been an argument with raised voices, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to point it out.

Unless the tables in that restaurant are positioned 40ft apart perhaps.. ;)

MOO

Didn't the restaurant confirm the incident?

Oh I thought of this; on the LE video the officer aske BL if he had money to pay for the motel stay and BL replied that no he didn't, so LE checked and the motel let him stay free because of being a DV victim.
So that was Friday, August 27th, correct? How did BL have $200.00 cash to offer for a ride while hitchhiking within such a limited time after Friday?
This is all just more weird stuff............JMO

No. It was Aug 12. And the motel didn't let him stay free. There was some fund to pay for it since men couldn't go to the DV shelter for women. The officer worked it out.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member