Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to think outside the box as to why the FBI have continued to put all their search eggs in the reserve.

Could it be with all the prep time Brian had (at least 13 days) could he have been a little "clever" and bought the phone (or even phones), plugged into fully charged power banks and hidden them in the reserve? Possible phones last a couple weeks in standby/idle? I remember LE brought in a mobile cell phone van and wonder if they were trying to pinpoint where the signals were coming from?

I still err towards him taking his own life while well hidden in the reserve but to completely evade to this extent for so long is quite the feat unless we're missing some very pertinent info.

Just some random thoughts...

This I guess is why I used this as an example of something we think is important now, but may turn out not to be important.

If it turns out to be true that BL had an unreasonable public outburst, GP was crying and apologetic, etc, it would certainly point to BLs state of mind mind and could serve as further evidence of an abusive nature or even point to a possible triggering event for the murder.

But what if it's totally exaggerated? What if he just complained to the hostess about the bill and left? What if it was just general dissatisfied customer situation and BL and GP went on their way and were fine for another few hours or couple of days until something else triggered the murder? In that case, the Merry Piglets incident is unimportant.

The point is we don't know what happened beyond the restaurant's confirmation that they were customers that day, and one patron's public allegations. There could be more to it, or not. We just don't know.

MOO

Edit to add - I'm sure the FBI knows what happened by now and will use that information as necessary.

I think the restaurant incident is very important. It's the last known place Gabby was seen alive. Later on the same day is when the B,W&Bethune campers passed the van and it appeared that no one was at the van.

Each time there was a sighting, BL was always alone. IMO Gabby died on the 27th and the next two days BL was hiking and hitchhiked until he returned to the van and left for good, leaving his dead girlfriend behind. jmo

He could have hiked straight through the reserve from the parked mustang to Rt 72 in under 2 hours (5.1 miles). So simple.
And could have hitchhiked from there without getting attention, because no one was looking for him. That would mean that whoever picked him up has not reported it to LE though...or LE would not be hunting for him in the reserve. jmo

Last edited:
Didn't the restaurant confirm the incident?

This is all:

merrypiglets
Yes, we can confirm Gabby and Brian were in Merry Piglets. We have not deleted any comments or messages on social media. The screen shots you see were direct messages to our account and not public. We have already notified the FBI and they are aware. We are letting them do their jobs and we are respecting Gabby's family and have nothing further to comment.
3w

Merry Piglets on Instagram: “Yes, we can confirm Gabby and Brian were in Merry Piglets. We have not deleted any comments or messages on social media. The screen shots…”

Each one of these MSM articles are not telling us that Gabby and Brian were dissatisfied enough to leave. BL was angry and went back 4 times on the offensive.

Gabby was arguing with him, she's the one who stormed out because of his behavior. Then turned around and went in an apologized for his behavior.

"He goes, ‘Nina, that was the couple fighting at the restaurant,’" Angelo said. "And it stopped me in my tracks. I felt like the blood left my body. I was like, ‘Oh my God, I completely forgot about that incident.’"

"England told Fox News that he reported the incident to the FBI and that Petito appeared "visibly upset" with Laundrie as he hounded staff at the Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant."

"Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women."

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

And could have hitchhiked from there without getting attention, because no one was looking for him. That would mean that however picked him up has not reported it to LE though...or LE would not be hunting for him in the reserve. jmo
According to SB his parents were out looking for him for 4-5 hours on 9/13...

JMO. I agree there is a lot of progress needed in regards to DV. DV victims often have a lot to lose simply by reporting abuse. The UK has laws against coercive control and emotional abuse, but I am not aware of any other country that has followed suit by making any advances to truly prevent or help victims of coercive control or emotional abuse. I personally felt that there were many red flags sent up suggesting coercive control and emotional abuse. I assume I am not alone and I also assume that LE that were there also saw that was a possibility, but the physical things are reason to arrest, but emotional abuse is not. Our society supports that both legally and mentally. The fact that those things were linked with physical marks but none requiring medical attention is telling of how we look at DV in America. Couple that with a police officer trash talking his wife and fist bumping Brian, we are where we are today. This case is a huge reflection of what is wrong with how we as a society views DV as a whole. We can be angry with a cop who behaved questionably. That is perfectly fine. I certainly hope that sparked something with law enforcement as a whole in how they react to DV situations. I highly doubt any LE that arrived at the scene thought it would escalate and their body cam footage would be there for the entire world to see and to critique. I doubt the majority of LE does not want to be seen in this light. At least I hope. A bit of a "what not to do" kind of example. I hope it brings a bit of change and maybe that change can turn into law. I have little faith that it will though. Heck, I have seen creepy internet spaces with both satirical (supposedly) or serious support for Brian as a DV victim and a victim of a society against men. It is all so sad and troubling. MOO
BBM. Well said. The Moab police body cam videos appalled me. I hope Gabby's tragic case will finally shine a light on all aspects of domestic violence and that it will lead to massive reform of something that has become epidemic in the U.S. jmo

Domestic violence: The pandemic within the pandemic

What puts doubt in my mind about him trying to formulate an alibi for himself is that he didn't have the lady he hitchhiked with take him directly to the van. Why would it matter if GP had been found already, or if the police were there when they pulled up? That lady he was riding with only could have served to support his alibi, which is supposedly why he was doing it to begin with. And he didn't contact authorities when he got back to the van, either.

Why would he be so adamant about telling these people who he was, about GP's vlog and van, etc., but then after taking all these steps to be seen and heard, suddenly decided not to follow through? To negate all his executed alibi plans and flee instead?

I'm not saying he couldn't have changed his mind. He very well might have freaked out once back to the crime scene area. But I just don't understand it and I'm not willing to marry myself to the alibi idea yet. Jmo.

This is why I wonder about him being mean and leaving GP back at the campground (or unlocked van) without her phone or keys. She would have missed her arrangements with Rose on the 29th, as well. GP would be justifiably upset and maybe THAT'S why BL didn't want to be dropped off directly at the van. And yes, I know...but NOBODY saw GP at the campground for two whole days? Maybe not. Or maybe they did and haven't gone public with it. Or maybe GP was scared of anyone knowing she was alone and vulnerable. Or maybe she was camping on the other side of the creek out of view. We don't know. But I'm willing to stay open- minded about the events between the 27th - 30th. The answers are in there somewhere.
How about he went for a long walk where he strategically destroyed her belongings, everything she held dear... maybe her clothes...her art, her writing...
Maybe killing her was not enough?
JMO

What puts doubt in my mind about him trying to formulate an alibi for himself is that he didn't have the lady he hitchhiked with take him directly to the van. Why would it matter if GP had been found already, or if the police were there when they pulled up? That lady he was riding with only could have served to support his alibi, which is supposedly why he was doing it to begin with. And he didn't contact authorities when he got back to the van, either.

Why would he be so adamant about telling these people who he was, about GP's vlog and van, etc., but then after taking all these steps to be seen and heard, suddenly decided not to follow through? To negate all his executed alibi plans and flee instead?

I'm not saying he couldn't have changed his mind. He very well might have freaked out once back to the crime scene area. But I just don't understand it and I'm not willing to marry myself to the alibi idea yet. Jmo.

This is why I wonder about him being mean and leaving GP back at the campground (or unlocked van) without her phone or keys. She would have missed her arrangements with Rose on the 29th, as well. GP would be justifiably upset and maybe THAT'S why BL didn't want to be dropped off directly at the van. And yes, I know...but NOBODY saw GP at the campground for two whole days? Maybe not. Or maybe they did and haven't gone public with it. Or maybe GP was scared of anyone knowing she was alone and vulnerable. Or maybe she was camping on the other side of the creek out of view. We don't know. But I'm willing to stay open- minded about the events between the 27th - 30th. The answers are in there somewhere.
I think that he had decided to take the van and run away before the last lady picked him up and even he would know that he could not get lucky with the police twice and have them take his side. MOO.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Wyoming restaurant fight is key, FBI behavioral analyst says

Sat, October 16, 2021, 6:36 AM

View attachment 317645
Merry Piglets turns 50

Dr. Ann Wolbert Burgess, who pioneered the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, says the argument between fugitive Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito that witnesses observed at a Wyoming restaurant on Aug. 27 may be the key to Petito's tragic fate.

One of the last times Petito, 22, was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Laundrie, 23, and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant called Merry Piglets, witness Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital in September.

"The restaurant incident … is the second and most important," Burgess, author of the forthcoming book "A Killer by Design: Murders, Mindhunters, and My Quest to Decipher the Criminal," told Fox News Digital of two events prior to Petito's death that she said raised red flags.

The forensic nurse said the other significant incident, indicative of serious problems in their relationship and danger in Laundrie's actions, was the domestic dispute called in on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah.

"How she has to apologize for his behavior is something that's kind of characteristic, and this probably enrages him even more because he wants to appear in a certain way
," Burgess said of the incident at the restaurant.

Angelo, a photographer, said in September that she couldn’t overhear the conversation between Petito and Laundrie at the restaurant but believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, according to Angelo.

The restaurant incident, Burgess said, was "on the day or very close to the day that she is murdered," Burgess said.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday announced Petito's cause of death as strangulation and said she likely died three to four weeks before her remains were discovered on Sept. 19, could put her date of death between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30.

A major wound to him in his mind, I image.
Her going back in there. Exposing him & his behavior …
But not on purpose by Gabby.
Gabby was being empathetic to the staff ❤️

MOO

A major wound to him in his mind, I image.
Her going back in there. Exposing him & his behavior …
But not on purpose by Gabby.
Gabby was being empathetic to the staff ❤️

MOO
Agreed!
This is well as other incidences bring out the true quality of her character and disposition. I think I would have really liked to have known her I think we would have been good friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay