Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incident date: Aug 27
Article date: Sept 1
MSM didn’t pick it up until Sept 22- fact check me if earlier
*these are there only statements. The rest of the article is how the journalist presented it from listening to them. imo

“It was a full-blown incident,” Angelo told Fox News

“I would bet $10 million, I’m 1,000% sure that was him and that was her,” England told Fox News.

The couple has since reported their sighting to the FBI. A manager at Merry Piglets told Fox news she could not recall the incident as they are “super busy during the summer.”

The couple has since reported their sighting to the FBI. A manager at Merry Piglets told Fox news she could not recall the incident as they are “super busy during the summer.”
Were Petito and Laundrie at Merry Piglets the day Gabby was killed? - JacksonHolePress
*This is prob the article I first found

How about he went for a long walk where he strategically destroyed her belongings, everything she held dear... maybe her clothes...her art, her writing...
Maybe killing her was not enough?
JMO
And maybe it was stashed in his backpack when he left but why his backpack didn't look full of camping equipment when Miranda picked him up??? jmo

This I guess is why I used this as an example of something we think is important now, but may turn out not to be important.

If it turns out to be true that BL had an unreasonable public outburst, GP was crying and apologetic, etc, it would certainly point to BLs state of mind mind and could serve as further evidence of an abusive nature or even point to a possible triggering event for the murder.

But what if it's totally exaggerated? What if he just complained to the hostess about the bill and left? What if it was just general dissatisfied customer situation and BL and GP went on their way and were fine for another few hours or couple of days until something else triggered the murder? In that case, the Merry Piglets incident is unimportant.

The point is we don't know what happened beyond the restaurant's confirmation that they were customers that day, and one patron's public allegations. There could be more to it, or not. We just don't know.

MOO

Edit to add - I'm sure the FBI knows what happened by now and will use that information as necessary.
MOO, the restaurant didn't confirm publicly that BL and GP had been in the restaurant until after the witness came forward and recounted the argument, so the witness didn't make the whole thing up based on hearing that GP and BL had been at Merry Piglet at the same time they were there.

My guess is that the reason she and her BF remembered it at *all* is because something very close to what she described happened. Otherwise, customers rarely notice or remember anything about the people around them at restaurants, even when there's an unpleasant encounter between customers and staff.

A customer coming back several times to speak angrily with staff is something that you would remember, though you might not give it another thought or discuss it afterward if you were on vacation and there were a lot of other things going on. But it's the sort of thing you'd be able to recall details about if you were prompted with something that caused you to retrieve the memory, like seeing this couples' photos and hearing that they were in the Jackson area at the same time you were.

Incident date: Aug 27
Article date: Sept 1
MSM didn’t pick it up until Sept 22- fact check me if earlier
*these are there only statements. The rest of the article is how the journalist presented it from listening to them. imo

“It was a full-blown incident,” Angelo told Fox News

“I would bet $10 million, I’m 1,000% sure that was him and that was her,” England told Fox News.

Were Petito and Laundrie at Merry Piglets the day Gabby was killed? - JacksonHolePress
*This is prob the article I first found

Someone here just posted a video of an actual interview with Nina, but now I cant find it!

That link reports the same blogger/patron's story. It notes the restaurant has only confirmed publicly that BL & GP were there. Nothing more. It also says a manager didn't remember the incident.

I don't think anyone can say at this point that GP "vanished" hours after the visit occurred at 1-2pm that day. I guess that's the way it looked when the article was published.

JMO

When it was first reported and I believe it was TikTok people who talked about it, they said he was speaking quietly but intensely and aggressively - about something.

No mention of anything except him going in and out 4 times, no mention of screaming in any account that I've heard or read.
Actually the ooriginal story from the Instagrammer who witnessed it did say BL went in and out four times.
"Angelo, a photographer, said she couldn’t overhear the conversation but that she believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times."

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Also it was not just the woman on Instagram, but also her boyfriend who witnessed the event, and they reported it all to the FBI.

"England (Angelo's boyfriend) told Fox News that he reported the incident to the FBI and that Petito appeared "visibly upset" with Laundrie as he hounded staff at the Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant."

So that's two witnesses at the Merry Piglets plus the restaurant staff. And there could be others who haven't been in the news.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add the interview with the restaurant witness from my OP to this thread. I should have added it to multi quote before the thread closed but I didn’t think about it. So if anyone needs it for reference, here it is.

Things that stood out to me:
  • She called Gabby 'upset' and Brian 'angry/pissed off'. It appears when something upsets him he quickly goes from being upset over the situation (the emotion where Gabby remained) to being 'angry/pissed off'. That tells me that he doesn't have much control over his emotions.
  • Brian's back and forth trips to yell at the staff was over ~5 minutes. Not to mention the fact he left for about 10 minutes and came back in AGAIN to fight with the staff. That tells me he doesn't calm down quickly, or easily, once agitated. That's telling because strangling someone to death takes ~5 minutes. His agitation and anger doesn't abate for quite some time.
  • She said he was "like a dog with a bone". Whatever it was he was "pissed off" about he wasn't about to drop it. He'd leave then return and he "just kept getting angrier". Ditto for my thoughts about not much control over his emotions and anger not abating for quite some time.

That link reports the same blogger/patron's story. It notes the restaurant has only confirmed publicly that BL & GP were there. Nothing more. It also says a manager didn't remember the incident.

I don't think anyone can say at this point that GP "vanished" hours after the visit occurred at 1-2pm that day. I guess that's the way it looked when the article was published.

JMO
Well she vanished from public sight as far as we know.
That was the last sighting we know of.

JMO
BBM
After watching it I got a whole lot more out of it than the fact that BL/GP were just there...

I worked out the max amount he could steal as $6000 if he took cap one max daily withdrawl amount (1k checking/ 1k savings) from each account each day (3 days)

Taking out the max withdrawal amount every day for 3 days might trigger a fraud alert from the bank. JMHO, and I am not going to test that with my bank, LOL!

How much is a second hand car?
From a dodgy dealer?
For cash?

Used cars today are super pricey and hard to find, and IMHO, a car would be more of a liability than an asset to BL. Hitchhiking, bus, or train would make way more sense.

I think that he had decided to take the van and run away before the last lady picked him up and even he would know that he could not get lucky with the police twice and have them take his side. MOO.
He might have decided to run by then, although I'm not sure why he would be so forthcoming about GP and the van then.

I guess I just have to swim against the current and admit that I cannot convince myself that he hiked and hitchhiked for an alibi. Nothing about that makes sense. But this is a murderer I'm trying to figure out. I'm trying to reason the unreasonable. LE noted he was acting nervous in Moab. He claimed he has anxiety. There are reported sightings of him acting strangely before the murder. If he took off hiking without GP and acted nervous, anxious, or strange to the hitchhiker rides, that doesn’t seem overly out-of-character for him, imo.

Him killing her after the hike and taking off immediately after? That makes sense. But I know that doesn't make it so. I'm sorry, everyone, for not letting this issue rest. I'll lay quiet for awhile.

JMO
I am not sure that the blogger had to know the exact roles of the staff to be believed. There would be no reason for them to remember Brian and Gabby had something not drawn their attention to them. It seems too much of a coincidence that the blogger writes about the incident and then the restaurant confirms that they were indeed there. MOO.

• She called Gabby 'upset' and Brian 'angry/pissed off'. It appears when something upsets him he quickly goes from being upset over the situation (the emotion where Gabby remained) to being 'angry/pissed off'. That tells me that he doesn't have much control over his emotions.
  • Brian's back and forth trips to yell at the staff was over ~5 minutes. Not to mention the fact he left for about 10 minutes and came back in AGAIN to fight with the staff. That tells me he doesn't calm down quickly, or easily, once agitated. That's telling because strangling someone to death takes ~5 minutes. His agitation and anger doesn't abate for quite some time.
  • She said he was "like a dog with a bone". Whatever it was he was "pissed off" about he wasn't about to drop it. He'd leave then return and he "just kept getting angrier". Ditto for my thoughts about not much control over his emotions and anger not abating for quite some time.

Yes, obsessing over what ever happened. Impulse control.

Let me add again the actual interview:

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Petito, Laundrie - YouTube

Excellent thought out post!!!

A major wound to him in his mind, I image.
Her going back in there. Exposing him & his behavior …
But not on purpose by Gabby.
Gabby was being empathetic to the staff ❤️

MOO

I really think this was key. She was taking their side. I'm sure that enraged him. He was upset with staff to begin with, but her siding with them would have upped his aggravation level immensely.

This is why I think the argument continued for the rest of the day and culminated in Gabby's death in the early evening of the 27th. We don't know where they were between leaving the restaurant and arriving back at the campsite, but Bethunes captured the van at around 6-6:30 pm not seeing anyone in or near the van. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay