Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear correctly that Mr. Bertolino was telling Chris Cuomo that Mr. Laundrie didn't want to pick up the bag when he found it but...members of the press were present...so he grabbed the bag. As if...something or other would happen to the bag if he didn't grab it?

It actually occurred to me when it first happened: the park is open to the public. Is he going to risk it just disappearing? Or potentially not being able to find it again? This is *not* a crime scene. No reason not to pick it up.

Some people don't care to be in the public eye. After all the abuse and harassment, if it were me, I'd never talk.
Of course that is their right, look at Madeline McCann s parents who massively messed up, they still made pleas and still do to this day, innocent or wrong they still made pleas, with a lot of public scrutiny. Yeah she was little and young but they still spoke up because they wanted her found alive MOO

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!

Very concise observations. And a big welcome to you, @Mossyrock .
:)

I'm confused by SB tonight stating to Cuomo that the parents reported BL missing to LE the SAME night he didn't return from his "hike." If true, how does this explain the "confusion" over their first report that he went hiking on the 14th and later realizing they had "misremembered" and that BL had actually left on the 13th? It doesn't make sense to me that the wrong date would be stated / publicized if the parents indeed made the report the very same day. Did this information come only from SB, or did NPPD confirm it? Does anyone else understand how the wrong date became public in view of tonight's new statement from SB? Sorry if this was already explained and I missed it. Thanks! MOO.
SB gave the wrong dates! He initially said BL went hiking on the 14th and later amended it to the 13th.

Outside of that, when he amended the flipping date, he did add in that CL searched for 4-5 hours that night but he never, not once, mentioned they told LE at any point before the 17th.

Interesting that so many dates have now been changed. First we were led to believe BL left on the 14th, then very recently it was changed to the 13th. Originally it was understood the parents reported him missing on the 17th, now the lawyer is saying the 13th? Who is responsible for all these discrepancies, the parents or the lawyer?

Maybe it's the media ?? Hmm.

SB gave the wrong dates! He initially said BL went hiking on the 14th and later amended it to the 13th.

Outside of that, when he amended the flipping date, he did add in that CL searched for 4-5 hours that night but he never, not once, mentioned they told LE at any point before the 17th.
The police and the FBI know the exact dates.

It was also striking that the lawyer said his clients "always" follow his advice and never don't. That's...not really how it works. Even Chris looked surprised. Your duty is to inform, not instruct. My long time clients usually follow my advice but I have had important situations where they declined to take my advice and went the other way on something. Totally within their rights and we worked together on the next issue. To never have anyone dissent is not really a great thing IMO.

I found that response very telling. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually occurred to me when it first happened: the park is open to the public. Is he going to risk it just disappearing? Or potentially not being able to find it again? This is *not* a crime scene. No reason not to pick it up.

Mr Laundrie could have waited there for an officer or Roberta to arrive, and if necessary, send Roberta to get an officer.

The pack belongs to the subject of a criminal manhunt, so there is a reason not to pick it up; it may be or contain evidence.

I did. All I’ll say is I was hospitalised for strangulation and it can happen to anyone, age, height, weight etc doesn’t matter to them. People put up because the other person can control money, they can use threats of kill towards family members, women put up with it sometimes to stop someone they know getting hurt or because they have zero money to escape and it’s pretty damn difficult to get into a refuge/shelter because there isn’t enough of them. It’s all very complicated but I assure you it isn’t easy to leave that type of situation. MOO
I’m so sorry Claire. I also know how hard it is to leave. I’m glad you’re in a better place now.

Spokesman for the NPPD was asked and completely shut this down. He said they were never alerted before the 17th. This is from memory, and I am not searching for it so JMO

ETA this link gives a quote from NPPD about when he went missing and when they were notified, but it is not the direct interview I had seen
Police Search For Brian Laundrie After Family Claims He Disappeared While Hiking - The Police Tribune

This isn't making sense. Why were we previously told that the Laundries called LE saying they were wrong about the date Brian left?

It does sound like of crazy and coincidental, but people do sometimes "get a feeling" and "follow their gut". I've done it. Sometimes it works to follow your intuition. After all, this is a case where psychics have been weighing in, and even talked about today on live TV during coverage by JB!

IMO

Oh I totally agree!. I know about that child/parent bond too and also intuition. Gut instinct. I try to live that way everyday. :)

And it’s my gut however that is screaming (after listening to SB) on Cuomo - something is wrong with this explanation/story.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member