Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased that some items belonging to Brian have been found, and I would venture to say the partial human remains found are his. My sleuthing skills failed for sure, but I’m anxious to hear if BL is deceased, was it by suicide or other causes? I understand because of the flooding it was challenging to find anything or anyone earlier, but this morning still seems a little too convenient for my comfort. JMHO. How did a bag, or whatever it was, end up so dry? Has it not rained for awhile there? Everything seemed to unfold so quickly and easily this morning. MOO …

It's been in MSM that one bag was found in the "underbrush" away from the pond.

CL found the plastic bag, and picked it up, then we see a phot of RL with the plastic bag, then we see LE with the plastic bag....chain of custody, anyone? And all without gloves. Cute. jmo
Is it possible that CL and RL found BL dead on the 13th when they searched for 4 hours for him and left him there hoping that the search team would find him, but when the search was called off without finding him they decided to go to the place they knew he was deceased?
Chain of custody is one of several well known reasons non-professionals should not be involved in searches, not to mention the suspicion it brings on any non LE or trained SAR who find something, especially family.

I believe it's possible that BL often grabbed Gabby by the face and the neck. There were probably other occasions where he pretended to strangle her. To me, it's just so abnormal to grab someone by the face or neck and from a woman's POV it would carry an extra layer of threat. I find it so hard to imagine what Gabby was going through with her boyfriend and how in a panic she must have eventually been on this van life trip. Her whole relationship was tanking and she was very, very far from home. And she was with a guy that thought nothing of grabbing her face (and maybe throat) to "calm her down".

I've had plenty of arguments with boyfriends back when I was single ... not one of them ever grabbed my face in the jaw/throat area. I think it's incredibly unusual. Why would any woman put up with that?

We also need to keep in mind that we don't know if these remains are BL! They could be someone else, or something else.

I did. All I’ll say is I was hospitalised for strangulation and it can happen to anyone, age, height, weight etc doesn’t matter to them. People put up because the other person can control money, they can use threats of kill towards family members, women put up with it sometimes to stop someone they know getting hurt or because they have zero money to escape and it’s pretty damn difficult to get into a refuge/shelter because there isn’t enough of them. It’s all very complicated but I assure you it isn’t easy to leave that type of situation. MOO

I think this kind of makes sense... but then what would the point of it be to leave him there? If he's dead he's dead... cant imagine a family just leaving a body behind if they cared... but maybe they just didn't want to be the ones who found him officially

yeah, I have all kinds of problems with this train of thought, not least of which is that surely the Laundrie parents would want to bury him?!?

IMO it’s him and the authorities probably already know this from dental records, but it will be interesting to see if he died by suicide or a gator got him.
What a horrible and preventable tragedy their story is, two young people with their whole lives ahead both gone likely due to domestic violence. Our society needs to do better. MOO

CL found the plastic bag, and picked it up, then we see a phot of RL with the plastic bag, then we see LE with the plastic bag....chain of custody, anyone? And all without gloves. Cute. jmo
Do we know which station was filming CL as he found the dry bag? I heard he had a film crew with him on Banfield.

[...]

https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450996081563680768
Cuomo Prime Time
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino says he instructed Brian’s parents initially not to speak to authorities or Gabby Petito’s family. “I can tell you the reason,” he tells @ChrisCuomo “I told them not to…Everybody has the right to remain silent.”
9:23 PM · Oct 20, 2021

So there we have it. Exactly as I surmised. The Laundries did, in fact, think they were doing the right thing, as advised by their lawyer.

It does sound like of crazy and coincidental, but people do sometimes "get a feeling" and "follow their gut". I've done it. Sometimes it works to follow your intuition. After all, this is a case where psychics have been weighing in, and even talked about today on live TV during coverage by JB!

IMO
I totally agree. Also there's a saying, "nothing's really lost until Mom can't find it". That mom went into the swamp, where they had said all along that Brian was, and found his belongings.

They arrived between 7:15 and 7:30 and

Michael Ruiz @mikerreports

Replying to
@whoya
They found the bag and a dark item next to it on the ground between 8:15 and 8:22.
Thanks. I see posters saying things like CL found the bag after a "brief" search or "immediately".

This clears that up.

Were there cameras and reports from when BL's parents left their home and went to the reserve?

I know they were being filmed while there, but I'm wondering about the time leading up to it.

And how long were his parents searching before they located the items? Edit: ok apparently about an hour, according to a few posts above mine. This is insane.

No, but this afternoon their attorney said it was after a brief search.. His words. jmo
You left that out of your post so that's why I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces