Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that CL and RL found BL dead on the 13th when they searched for 4 hours for him and left him there hoping that the search team would find him, but when the search was called off without finding him they decided to go to the place they knew he was deceased?

Yes, that's what he said. I'm not sure why he didn't correct the whole world about that situation.
Yeah, it doesn't quite add up still. If they told the FBI Monday 9/13 BL was gone, why would the FBI come to them weeks later asking if they were sure Tuesday 9/14 was the day he went missing, causing the Laundries to change their date through SB? And it sounds like SB made no effort to correct the public perception and offers a bizarre story about "ok fine we'll file a missing persons" on 9/17 because of FBI search...

I can't think of anyone in a LE or other official position who would use "Notebook" for any type of electronic device. Instead, they'd say. "an electronic device" They wouldn't mention brand.

I'm in California. I don't know anyone who would use the term "notebook" for anything not made of paper.

I'm in California as well and I concur.

He also said they reported him missing the evening he didn't come back from the reserve.

Interesting that so many dates have now been changed. First we were led to believe BL left on the 14th, then very recently it was changed to the 13th. Originally it was understood the parents reported him missing on the 17th, now the lawyer is saying the 13th? Who is responsible for all these discrepancies, the parents or the lawyer?

Wasn't this notebook supposed to have been under water? MOO.
I didn't read that, or hear them say that, maybe I missed it. I was hoping it was in the backpack that has been reported as dry, in the interview with SB linked in a post earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Is it possible that CL and RL found BL dead on the 13th when they searched for 4 hours for him and left him there hoping that the search team would find him, but when the search was called off without finding him they decided to go to the place they knew he was deceased?
Or what if they found him and he refused to come out/leave.

MOO

I can't think of anyone in a LE or other official position who would use "Notebook" for any type of electronic device. Instead, they'd say. "an electronic device" They wouldn't mention brand.

I'm in California. I don't know anyone who would use the term "notebook" for anything not made of paper.
Agreed. Also? Eventually the battery would die unless it was being charged.

Same here, I will be eating crow tonight along with many others! Kudos to all who proclaimed that they would not be searching there without a good reason. Y'all were right. My line of thinking was, 'who would go to a gator-infested swamp to either hide or commit suicide?' It didn't make sense to me. But apparently, it made sense to BL. JMHO

I guess some of us WS'ers have followed so many of these type of cases here that I, for one, couldn't look past the fact that the FBI doggedly searched that reserve since the get-go! And all those sightings of BL elsewhere just did not ring true for one reason or another, even that man that said he was sure he saw BL on a trail! And frankly, BL didn't have the mental strength among other things to plan out a longterm getaway. IMO!

But why would they subject themselves to what they did if that was the case? Seems sus.

What is a notebook computer

A notebook computer is a battery- or AC-powered personal computer generally smaller than a briefcase that can easily be transported and conveniently used in temporary spaces such as on airplanes, in libraries, temporary offices, and at meetings. ... Notebooks usually come with displays that use thin-screen technology.

notebook computer - Google Search

Statistically.. yes, he would have. It is a common thread thru DV cases, that, oh, he tried to strangle me, he held me by my throat....

It was particularly ghastly, to see Gabby re -enact a very recent, ( and public, which goes to show how 'normal' it was for Brian to do this ) occasion where Brian had grabbed her face, a tremendous crossing of a boundary, under normal circumstances.

It was sad , too, to see it went right over the coppers head.

He went too far, this is unarguable, but not because he didn't want to. He wanted to, alright. He wanted her to know he had the reins, he had the control and he wanted her to see he had it, to look into his eyes and see who had the whip hand. He could have stopped. One's hands don't lock, like a bulldogs jaws, he had control over his own hands.

He wanted that ending. I don't think it 'healed' him, or ended his problem, which was genetic, inherent, but for a few seconds, he maybe felt a slight relief, that is, until the realisation of the consequences crept up on him.

I believe it's possible that BL often grabbed Gabby by the face and the neck. There were probably other occasions where he pretended to strangle her. To me, it's just so abnormal to grab someone by the face or neck and from a woman's POV it would carry an extra layer of threat. I find it so hard to imagine what Gabby was going through with her boyfriend and how in a panic she must have eventually been on this van life trip. Her whole relationship was tanking and she was very, very far from home. And she was with a guy that thought nothing of grabbing her face (and maybe throat) to "calm her down".

I've had plenty of arguments with boyfriends back when I was single ... not one of them ever grabbed my face in the jaw/throat area. I think it's incredibly unusual. Why would any woman put up with that?

We also need to keep in mind that we don't know if these remains are BL! They could be someone else, or something else.

I have had this thought today as well. But, why? If I could figure out the purpose for parents to let their kid rot and get eaten by animals and insects maybe I could be convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces