Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing has come from this entire case, there will be better focus now on missing cases, as well as LE looking at DV cases now and some retraining now. I am sad that it had to happen this way.
Yes, yes, yes to this, sometimes it takes throwing yourself in front of a horse or another horrible thing to happen to change the world, i think her parents are determined to help just one person in gabbys name and it’s already helped my daughter I’ve already had words with my daughter about a safe word, she wants a van like me and her step dad, but now her and I have a secret word that she can text me if she’s ever in danger and able. RIP gabby you have changed the world. Someone beautifully put it to me before as the ‘gabby effect’ MOO

https://mobile.twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450995282062229506

One More:

“Fortunately a rival news station happen to be there filming them, and l say fortunately, because some people don’t believe how the events laid out today”

YEP I am one of them.

Someone needs to find out if SB is friends with the person who filmed them.

My own opinion..

Last edited:
LE gives BL a pass and a motel room.
LE loses a POI in a murder case.
<modsnip - no link> searching where directed by parents.
LE finds nothing.
Parents spend <modsnip - no link> rummaging around near an already searched area near the preserve's entrance
and find evidence of BL's presence near human remains.
Lawyer takes full blame for ethical failure of parents.
End of story.
Everybody goes home.
I mourn for the Petitos, if this is the best and all that they get.
MOOing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just now seeing the news from today. I was rather shocked to read that they found him in that location. My mother-in-law lived just a few miles from that nature area. We passed it all the time going between town and her home off Tropicaire. I went there and hiked the trail twice. Although Carlton Prairie may be a huge area, this is not exactly an area far off the beaten path. I would imagine that dozens of people walked within a stone's throw of where they found him. That area isn't conducive to hiding out in the wilderness. If I wanted to get deep into the middle of nowhere, I likely would not have picked that spot. Also, I seem to recall that a woman was murdered in that area. It's tough to find info right now because all google searches lead to the latest news. All of this kind of makes me think of my mother-in-law, who was a big viewer of the true crime networks. She had those shows on all the time. She died about five years ago. Our kids were heartbroken. She was a cool lady despite having made a few poor life decisions and ending up with a despicable man who didn't treat her with much respect.

Hi, Not sure what the link is for. That story was posted 5.5 hrs ago.
Oh, sorry; I was just kind of saving it for the information indicating that the Laundries made their intention to search to LE last night. In all the hub bub, I had missed that and was just saving the information. I’m kind of out of it. :oops:

I don't think it's just southern. I think in general, if someone says notebook, it is assumed they mean a paper notebook. I think they would have specifically said laptop, or maybe computer notebook, if that is what they meant. Plus in this case, it seems well documented that BL enjoyed drawing so I think it's safe to assume he had a paper notebook. IMO
The point is why would he bring a laptop that needs charging with him? Not a phone... there's no internet there... again all of that requires power and power is only in areas with people.

I can't think of anyone in a LE or other official position who would use "Notebook" for any type of electronic device. Instead, they'd say. "an electronic device" They wouldn't mention brand.

I'm in California. I don't know anyone who would use the term "notebook" for anything not made of paper.

All the kids who received computers for online schools, were given "Chromebooks". Perhaps Chromebooks is being confused with Notebook. ??

Yes, yes, yes to this, sometimes it takes throwing yourself in front of a horse or another horrible thing to happen to change the world, i think her parents are determined to help just one person in gabbys name and it’s already helped my daughter I’ve already had words with my daughter about a safe word, she wants a van like me and her step dad, but now her and I have a secret word that she can text me if she’s ever in danger and able. RIP gabby you have changed the world. Someone beautifully put it to me before as the ‘gabby effect’ MOO

I have had a code word with all of my children and grandchildren .

But parents supposedly spent 4 hours looking for him on the 14th...so it would have been just as dry as it was the 13th, and yet they didn't see anything, but after briefly looking today, BINGO! ??? jmo
Former homicide detective believes human remains found in Brian Laundrie hunt may not be intact
Authorities likely didn't find the body earlier because water concealed the area, and only recently receded. "The answer may very well be that the area you know at that time was underwater," Williams said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1