Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I was curious because many have commented on the possibility of an attack by some animal as COD. I agree that unless he shot himself and they find the skull, for example, we will never know. In that environment he could have died from infection from some untreated wound. Jmo
Yes definitely, he could have died of so many things there, it seems. Remember in Into the Wild, that guy from eating bad berries! I imagine LE will factor into their decision making whether any bite marks are from animals that tend to be predators vs scavengers, too. If it's scavenger type animals they're probably more likely to rule that this kind of thing happened after death. JMO!

(carried over from last thread)

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces (LE) with a smattering of hiking gear (by his parents)?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO

Fairly common for someone to be cheerful and reach out to family after making a decision to commit suicide.

Let’s clear some of this up quick cuz this all gets confusing fast.
So Gabby and Brian did NOT live with his parents they lived in a condo owned by the Laundrie family. This was explained by Gabbys dear friend Rose who had spoken out a few times but limited due to it being active investigation. Fbi and LE have that info.
The condo was sold recently.
This also explains them having a storage unit as the condo was being sold.
What Brian and Gabbys plans were for AFTER their trip baffles me because obviously they knew the condo was being sold so where were they planing to live afterwards? Is this where them “extending the trip” comes into play? That maybe they thought they’d find a nice spot to live during their trip?

Speculation, jmo, moo, please excuse any typos
That does make the mid-trip flight home bc of a storage unit make a LOT more sense. However, I just wonder why this whole time everyone said they had been living with his mom & dad? Maybe bc that was just where they were supposed to be staying at the time but had not been staying with them previously - so everyone assumed they had been living there? I had no idea they had not been living there! Maybe I’m just behind & missed a whole thread or something lol I do put this down on the weekends for the most part…so that’s possible. That doesn’t change everything for me, but it def changes some things if that’s true (I’m not doubting you I had just never seen it :) ) JMO. But that does kinda clear up the mid-trip flight home for me. IMO.

I caught that in the interview but I'm skeptical because we only have SB's word that this happened. If it's true, that could mean that the FBI wasn't communicating with the local authorities (NPPD, who repeatedly stated they "knew exactly where BL was"), which I believe is a breach of protocol in LE investigations, JMO. I think there's a good chance that anything SB says outside a court of law is continued misdirection on his part, which he's been doing all along.

I don't really have any reason to doubt what SB said on that point, that he notified authorities BL had not returned. I do have reason to doubt the NPPD knew where BL was on Sept 16.
JMO

I really recommend him too, for anyone who can handle forensic details (I understand it is upsetting for some). He really is a wealth of information, I learn something from him every time I catch an interview.
Yes!!! I love watching his interviews as well. & agreed, it can get a little graphic, but he is SO knowledgeable & explains things in a way ppl can understand! He’s one of the main reasons I watch Nancy Grace’s show every day bc he’s on her panel. Haha! He did a good interview on Banfield last night!

This case gets stranger all the time. It would be one thing if the FBI found the articles at the preserve but for the parents to find them??

It almost seemed like they knew where they were going and ducked into the bushes at just the right spot.

No wonder people have questions about this.

That does make the mid-trip flight home bc of a storage unit make a LOT more sense. However, I just wonder why this whole time everyone said they had been living with his mom & dad? Maybe bc that was just where they were supposed to be staying at the time but had not been staying with them previously - so everyone assumed they had been living there? I had no idea they had not been living there! Maybe I’m just behind & missed a whole thread or something lol I do put this down on the weekends for the most part…so that’s possible. That doesn’t change everything for me, but it def changes some things if that’s true (I’m not doubting you I had just never seen it :) ) JMO. But that does kinda clear up the mid-trip flight home for me. IMO.

In one of the statements that the Petito family released, they had written "She lived with you for over a year."

Yes definitely, he could have died of so many things there, it seems. Remember in Into the Wild, that guy from eating bad berries! I imagine LE will factor into their decision making whether any bite marks are from animals that tend to be predators vs scavengers, too. If it's scavenger type animals they're probably more likely to rule that this kind of thing happened after death. JMO!

Apparently BL was a big fan of Chris McCandless. ( It's also one of the reasons I feel BL will have left some kind of final statement)

On suicide though, Baden, the noted pathologist, is on Fox at the moment, saying he thinks a drug overdose is a real possibility. The link to that is on the previous page on @kittythehare 's post

In this video you can hear the officer holding what sounds to be a necklace & asking the Laundries if it’s consistent with what Brian wore. After Roberta says yes, the officer says they may have found something & tells them to go home for the night.
Fox News Digital reports new details on Brian Laundrie search

i have a link to this footage with out reporters speaking over it in my previous post. IMO. It looked like the LEO was showing them something on a cell phone. I thought they were discussing the backpack. In my link you can also hear quite a bit of what is said

My theory is BL told CL and RL that he was going to the reserve to wait for a period of time until he killed himself (Although he may not have added the suicide part, but I believe he did). They brought him the food kit into the reserve to live off of until he died, so they knew which part of the reserve he was probably in. I think he tossed his belongings into the water to try to destroy them and may have taken an overdose and drowned himself. JMO. All speculation.

I just noticed this interim bit of news from yesterday's discovery: Remains found at park, not clear if human.

So, if they initially weren't even sure if the remains were human, does that suggest they were, perhaps, just skeletal?
If that's the case it could be why he's been so hard to find with all the searching that's been done. They likely were looking for someone alive, or deceased, but not bones. Sure, if they saw bones I'd think they'd take a close look. But sometimes when your mind is looking for something you've pictured in our head, you can miss out seeing other things.

I think they have anger toward the Laundries and their incredible betrayal of trust. jmo

As they should. It was a terrible betrayal of trust. They may never find forgiveness but I hope they do eventually. Giving the Laundrie family any more power in their lives only hurts them, clearly the Laundries didn't have the heart to help the Petito's or even Gabby while she was missing.

I really recommend him too, for anyone who can handle forensic details (I understand it is upsetting for some). He really is a wealth of information, I learn something from him every time I catch an interview.
Here is the interview Joe Scott Morgan did last night on Banfield regarding all different questions about the remains - condition of remains, what questions he has, etc. It is pretty good!

If it was an arm I'd think tatts would be why they think it's likely him. They are identifiable. Although I don't recall them saying that about Gabby when they found her body. Tatts or not, they wanted to be sure before they said a word.
if the body has been screwn around i doubt there is enough skin left for tattoos to show up.

Last edited:
Yes, must be skeletal remains. That means less answers as to TOD and COD. Sigh.
Seems like there would be more evidence of him planning to be there for the long haul though. So far it looks like he went in without a lot of supplies....which leads me to think that he killed himself sometime shortly after he entered the park. Possible that an animal got him first, but I'm envisioning that he shot himself....maybe after the park closed for the night, so no one was around to hear it. I hope they have his skull either now, or in the near future. jmo ETA weapon would have sunk into the muck, and body parts scattered by animals.

Well if this is really BL, he's been there over a month, and very possibly has been dead the entire time. There are other animals in the area that are known to scavenge -- vultures, bald eagles (yes! We have them here, they are awesome), bobcats, maybe panthers, feral hogs (which usually eat plants but it's not unheard of for them to also eat carrion). I won't be surprised if it turns out that these remains are pretty widely scattered after a month of decomp in hot, humid, swamp conditions, whoever they prove to belong to.
Little Caylee Anthony was scattered. Not to be graphic but lots of animals maul their prey if in packs. Run off with their share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandaqui