Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he died by suicide, then I seriously don't believe he did it because he felt remorse over Gabby's death. Much more likely that he had come to believe that he would get caught and did not want to have to deal with spending the rest of his life in jail.
Perhaps both. His notebook may reveal some insights. Time will tell.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I imagine the apology from JP was for claiming they called her when they didn't?

Gabby's mother didn't mention Cassie when she tried calling or texting the Laudries and Cassie stated she didn't hear from Gabby's family IIRC MOO
I think so too. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If they thought BL was a danger to himself and walked off why not reach out to local law enforcement immediately and aggressively follow-up. They must have been conflicted in wanting to make sure he was safe but also giving him space or a chance to run? Hindsight maybe. I hope everyone affected by BL's actions find peace.
Yes I hope they find peace. It would be awful to live with that guilt for the rest of your life

I hope they had they had the sense to search that backpack before they entered but I think they entered prior to . Is RL is still holding the dry sack? MOO
Do these animals not eat human dental remains? Is seems that many remains are identified through dental records. It is a good thing, but why are they left?

If he died by suicide, then I seriously don't believe he did it because he felt remorse over Gabby's death. Much more likely that he had come to believe that he would get caught and did not want to have to deal with spending the rest of his life in jail.
Or, he did it to save his parents. MOO JMO We don't know but we may know "more" once evidence is publicized. MOO

I'm still catching up on the last 2 threads, and while I can understand why everyone is talking about BL and his family, this is where my thoughts are right now:

I wish the family’s lasting memories of Gabby were those in her Utah videos. Even though her happiness may have been an illusion, they would have seen her happy, smiling and enjoying the trip she had planned for some time. Instead, they’ve seen her terribly upset in the body cam footage and would have read of the incident at the Merry Piglets. They’ll never have a chance to hear what happened and why, and that was only a chance at best.

Now she’s reduced to this. No wonder Joe clutches that little box close to his heart.

Remains.JPG

Gabby Petito's parents are seen collecting her remains in Wyoming three weeks after body was found | Daily Mail Online

It depends. Even if you are a practicing lawyer you are a person too so you can talk about what you want outside of your specific representations. Your clients would have to consent to you discussing their specific cases because you have a duty of confidentiality and privilege to your clients.

So for example, I have given talks on business law at industry conferences but used hypotheticals and did not discuss any specific cases. I didn't need my clients' permission to do that since it wasn't about their cases. If I was going to discuss any specific cases, I would have gotten permission first.

I watched the interview SB gave and my takeaway was that he has been personal friend with the family for twenty years (he said) and watched Cassie and BL grow up; that he is a hothead, but has also been motivated by his affection for the L family in how he handled things. I take back my earlier criticisms -- I think they knew chances were very, very slim that BL was still alive. (He says that CL told him that BL was very upset and he (CL) wished he had been able to stop him from leaving -- you can't stop an adult child.) He (SB) advised the parents not to talk which is probably appropriate given that they were making quick decisions with incomplete facts. Should he have advised them of a way to respond to the P family's texts/calls that would protect BL (legally), but be responsive to the P family? Yes, probably. But again, he (SB) is a hothead, personally involved with the family, not used to making decisions in this kind of case, and trying to legally protect BL as much as he could (even though it is likely that he too knew that things didn't look good.)

This is all JMOO!!

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child in either of these ways. A mom (and dad) whose child was killed by the person closest to them and whose body was left out exposed to everything and was found only through chance, and a mom (and dad) whose child killed someone, killed himself, and whose body will be returned to them only in pieces. Heartbreaking all around. IMOO.

SB also conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was open for a week before LE shut it down. MOO
Edit to this: And not yet flooded, IIRC.

But what if he told them the truth - leaving a letter in the kitchen before he took off to go “hiking” or in the car he left a note for them knowing they would look for him?

And they called SB at that point - and he told them to not open their mouths.

just another angle …moo
Anything and everything is still possible. MOO

I watched the interview SB gave and my takeaway was that he has been personal friend with the family for twenty years (he said) and watched Cassie and BL grow up; that he is a hothead, but has also been motivated by his affection for the L family in how he handled things. I take back my earlier criticisms -- I think they knew chances were very, very slim that BL was still alive. (He says that CL told him that BL was very upset and he (CL) wished he had been able to stop him from leaving -- you can't stop an adult child.) He (SB) advised the parents not to talk which is probably appropriate given that they were making quick decisions with incomplete facts. Should he have advised them of a way to respond to the P family's texts/calls that would protect BL (legally), but be responsive to the P family? Yes, probably. But again, he (SB) is a hothead, personally involved with the family, not used to making decisions in this kind of case, and trying to legally protect BL as much as he could (even though it is likely that he too knew that things didn't look good.)

This is all JMOO!!

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child in either of these ways. A mom (and dad) whose child was killed by the person closest to them and whose body was left out exposed to everything and was found only through chance, and a mom (and dad) whose child killed someone, killed himself, and whose body will be returned to them only in pieces. Heartbreaking all around. IMOO.

ETA: I think SB gave the interview because he feels free to talk now that BL has been found and wants to refute all of the accusations that have been hurled at the L parents.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

This wasn't directed at me but.... I joined to discuss details, I tend to 'read between the lines" and you ALL keep things true and factual.

The work the mods put in to keep us on track is amazingly generous of them. By joining and posting, I've had great discussions that open my mind to other possibilities. I don't believe we are done with this case until Gabby's murder investigation is closed.

Gabby’s Murder Investigation: If the FBI had proof that BRIAN murdered her, would that information ever be released? If there was an indictment, will we ever know? What will be the end result for her murder? I certainly hope it is not left unresolved.

Watching Banfield and she was talking with BE. They mentioned the notebook and said that it was wet. They believe it can be salvaged and are letting it dry out before trying to review it. Would like to see other sources on this too.
BE reported this earlier too - on the 5 p.m. broadcast. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member