Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My timeline of Gabby's murder hasn't changed in spite of what Brian Entin said the Manager at Merry Piglet. JMHO

I saved the News Nation shows from last night, I did not see or hear the Manager say anything. It seems Brian Entin took notes of what she said, I'd like to hear those words from the person who said them before I can believe a story like that.

If someone is upset enough because of bad service or bad food to walk out on a bill, that person is upset, not calm, no argument with staff. And then once paying it in spite of not wanting to, the person goes back inside to ask for a refund, then there was a unexplained issue, regardless of who was right or wrong. This puzzle doesn't fit properly with the alleged words of this manager. Unless Brian Entin made those comments out of context to everything the manager actually said. jmo

Am I wrong? JMO

My timeline of Gabby's murder hasn't changed in spite of what Brian Entin said the Manager at Merry Piglet. JMHO

I saved the News Nation shows from last night, I did not see or hear the Manager say anything. It seems Brian Entin took notes of what she said, I'd like to hear those words from the person who said them before I can believe a story like that.

If someone is upset enough because of bad service or bad food to walk out on a bill, that person is upset, not calm, no argument with staff. And then once paying it in spite of not wanting to, the person goes back inside to ask for a refund, then there was a unexplained issue, regardless of who was right or wrong. This puzzle doesn't fit properly with the alleged words of this manager. Unless Brian Entin made those comments out of context to everything the manager actually said. jmo

Am I wrong? JMO
I find him to be accurate and thorough in his work. It is possible she provided him with further information which she requested he withhold pending case closure. If it was the FBI that made this request I believe he would comply.

According to BE's video, Gabby was not crying and BL was not angry. No one was upset at all. The waitress went after them and they paid outside, then they both came back inside and Gabby asked for her money back. The manager refused and they left.

I believe I posted about this before- MP charges an 18% tip

The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com › merrypiglets › posts › mer...

We do add 18% gratuity to all discounted bills. This 18% gratuity is added to the full amount before the discount, and is why you think we charged you 30% ...

I do not see it on the online menu now. not sure if it changes with the seasons, or for any other reason. some people might be surprised by that amount and some people are pretty adamant about wanting to tip what they believe is deserved, based on service, IMO. could cause confusion or anger.

Am I wrong? JMO

BBM

I admit it's confusing. And I wish BE had asked more questions. But to know whether someone was upset or calm after walking out without paying a restaurant check, I think you'd pretty much have to know the person. Some people might be calm, others not at all.

JMO

I saved the News Nation shows from last night, I did not see or hear the Manager say anything. It seems Brian Entin took notes of what she said, I'd like to hear those words from the person who said them before I can believe a story like that. ...

Check 13:18 in the video. You can hear a brief exchange: "No, it wasn't what everybody said... - [BE: It wasn't?] - No, no."

This at least somewhat corroborates BE's summary about the further off-camera discussion.

Check 13:18 in the video. You can hear a brief exchange: "No, it wasn't what everybody said... - [BE: It wasn't?] - No, no."

This at least somewhat corroborates BE's summary about the further off-camera discussion.
Do we even know if the manager he spoke with was the one on duty at that time or is she just reporting the company line on the incident?

The hostess in a busy, pricey restaurant is usually just an employee as are the waitstaff. The manager, is usually an employee, too. The owner may never be there, or even live in the vicinity. The manager would do the hiring and firing, so most problems are solved by the waitstaff and hostess. But, I believe that ONLY the manager can decide whether or not a meal is comped, or a refund is given. In this case, the manager may have never been called to the front until refunding became an issue. So, the manager probably only got the brief lowdown from the hostess or cashier (often, the same person). The only reason the manager had to make a statement to investigators, was because Nina Angelo's story went viral. That doesn't mean that her story is false. It only means that what she reported seeing was not witnessed by the manager. No one cared to talk about it publicly because no one wanted to lose their job over it. Stuff like that happens all the time. I think Nina way over-dramatized what she witnessed, but I do believe that there was truth to her recollection. She said that G&B and N&M shared the same waitperson. And she could tell that the waitperson was upset. (and I bet, extremely busy)....I doubt that she sat there and counted how many times B re-entered the Restaurant. And it's not surprising at all that at some point she saw Gabby crying. Gabby cried a lot, from what we know. Whatever the issue was, doesn't really matter. Two adults walked out without paying. Period. Got caught, paid, And then returned to get "her" money back, which is absurd. That is all the manager had to say about it. If investigators wanted to know about the couples demeanor...they needed to talk to people who witnessed it. And, N&M said they reported the incident to FBI. If FBI wanted to talk to them, they most likely did. jmo

That is clear as mud :).

I would guess that the FBI asked that they keep whatever happened out of the press. Which makes me think that either something significant happened on that date or it has something to do with the correct timeline that they don't want released.

Perhaps someone has presented a false narrative of that day to LE and they don't want to release any information that would help them cover up a lie. IMO.

That is clear as mud :).

I would guess that the FBI asked that they keep whatever happened out of the press. Which makes me think that either something significant happened on that date or it has something to do with the correct timeline that they don't want released.

Perhaps someone has presented a false narrative of that day to LE and they don't want to release any information that would help them cover up a lie. IMO.
Who is "everybody"? jmo

BBM
I'm not so sure I believe the entire MP manager's version of what happened.
Why?
__ She wanted to set things straight but... did not want to speak on camera.
__ She contradicted / downplayed virtually every negative thing the TikToker said about the encounter, as if to say: "this is a great business for visitors to patronize... nothing to see here"
__ She knows surveillance video no longer exists, so any concern about non-verification of her claims is pretty much eliminated.

As BE attested to in last night's NewsNation special, many Moab businesses did not want to talk about or address Gabby's case, and that's perhaps out of fear that it will hurt their business & tourism to Moab.... and the manager of Merry Piglets, imo is no different. But... because Merry Piglets is in a direct spotlight, the manager is most likely in clean up on isle 4 - damage control mode regarding any unfavorable rumors or reviews of the business that she manages.
jmo
I like this comment.
I like each one of these points.

Am I wrong? JMO

It is hard to know. On the one hand, they may have been unhappy with the bill. On the other hand they may have done dine and dash on a regular basis. We don't know enough about either of them to know if they did or didn't. <modsnip - no link> That's a lot more prevalent than I would have suspected. Some people do it for the thrill. Some people do it because the bill took too long to arrive. Some do it because they don't have the money. Some people do because they were not satisfied. Especially, in a tourist area, I would think dine and dash would be more common since most people don't go to the tourist restaurants on a regular basis. They have no relationship with the business and might not expect to ever come back. <modsnip - no link>. Here is the link, my data came from a recent study which showed that 1 in 20 people have done dine and dash. STUDY: Why 1 in 20 people dine and dash

Last edited:
I am going to post this again!! It does not matter what the manager at Merry Piglets said, <modsnip> that is her choice as she is not by law bound to tell us what actually happened at Mp's. Nothing add's up for us but she doesnt have to tell us what really happened. Only the FBI knows what she told them and we may never know. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members