Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking back to things we heard along the way. Firstly, the news helicopter who inadvertently captured footage of GP's body, withheld it from airing, but then showed it to a photographer person. He said there was a pair of boots beside her and that she was partially covered by a blanket or something. GP's step-dad said there was a fire ring next to her, a spot where a tent could have been, and that she had on her favorite sweatshirt.

As a whole picture, I always thought it sounded like they were camping there (rather than inside the back of the crowded van), and that he likely killed her in the evening/night/early morning because she would have been dressed warmly and sitting in front of the fire with her boots off, wrapped in a blanket. I suspected they were fighting and he attacked her while she was still sitting, pushing her down and hitting her head on the ground while he choked her. It's just how the details played out in my mind.

Now I'm reading his story and I'm thinking, yeah, he's covering all his bases. They were on the north side of SC, on the opposite side of the creek from the van, but because they were camping there. There was no rushing across back to the car...rushing there from where, doing what? She was dressed warmly, with a blanket, but not because she had fallen in the water and was freezing, but because it was evening and cold. He attacked her from above, knocking her to the ground and she hit her head. Her "feet and wrist hurt" and she was "shaking violently" because she was struggling while he choked her to death. Then HE rushed across the creek, back to the "car" van. As @Tealgrove pointed out, most of what he described from GP could likely have been during the killing. I think he had enough wits to think about what injuries might be evident should she be found. Before he killed himself, they were already looking in the park, IIRC. So he twisted a tale that incorporated all the things that were perhaps left as traces on her and the surroundings, and this is what he came up with. IDK...just a random thought. I'd still really like to know the date he killed her, and whether it was before or after his hitchhiking crap.

Right? No reason for BL's mom to date it, whether she wrote it as he was en route home or at home. But maybe it contains content related to the supposed call BL made to his parents en route home and she flipped, rightfully so, and lost phone contact with him so wrote him a scathing letter for him to burn once he got home?
Maybe. But supposedly it was found in the van.

@Tealgrove you brought out something I hadn't noticed, how its all about him.

* I wish I was right at your side,
* I wish I could be talking to you right now. * I’d be going through every memory we made...
* I can’t [live] without you.
* I’ve lost every day we [could’ve] spent together, every holiday.
* I’ll never get to play with [illegible] again. * Never go hiking with TJ.
* I loved you more than anything.
* I can’t bear to look at our photos, to recall great times because it is why
* I cannot go on.
* When I close my eyes, I will think of laughing on the roof of the van...

Where's the empathy of what she was going thru??!! The empathy on what she'll be missing out on, giving up, how she has lost every holiday, hikes she won't get to go on, children she wont get to play with (let alone get to give birth to), how she has lost every holiday...etc etc....

Its ALL about him.

Exactly what stood out for me - none of it is about what she and her family lost, how she suffered, only moaning about his own feelings. And why leave her out in the open, hang around for a few more days, send fake messages, etc? Whatever happened I don’t IMO believe this is it. Poor Gabby, she must’ve been so frightened.

There was no requirement the L's attend the hearing. I've heard several legal experts question why the P's did. For that sort of proceeding, the parties often aren't present. There are no opportunities for "truth telling" by the parties. It's just legal arguments while the parties remain mute.

I think what you read about GP's stuff may not have been entirely accurate. One NPPD officer said he didn't know what was in the L's house that belonged to GP and NS said the same. But how much would GP likely have left behind? G&B lived with the L's and were working mostly minimum wage-type jobs. Nothing wrong with that but it tends to interfere with acquiring lots of "stuff" even when there's free rent. And they were saving to travel and that argues against buying stuff too.
You are correct about the Ls not being present for anything. Even though the Ps didn’t have to go or speak …they spoke volumes just being there IMO.
Re: Gabby’s things…
Gabby's mom Nichole Schmidt questioned the trip, as she claimed Laundrie's father had allowed the two to keep their belongings at the family home so they wouldn't have to pay for a storage unit, the Daily Mail reported

“Brian’s father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn’t have to pay for the storage unit.”

Schmidt told the outlet that it was confusing why they wanted to move Gabby's things during the road trip and what happened to her items.

Where are her things?” she asked.

They did not show up to the dismissal presentation. Sit with their council. If you have nothing to hide. Speak your truth.
Show up, stand up for your truth.
Something was not right from the beginning. When he came home without her. His parents blocked her parents. It was so unfair( never mind inhuman).
I want to know more what happened when he went home for “a break” after Moab. Did he move her things out of his parents house into storage that visit? Just hers? Not his?
I thought I read not a trace of GP things were in that L house when the P family asked for them.
b

Maybe. But supposedly it was found in the van.
Because of WS rules, not me being fussy, do you have an MSM link for that info? Sorry to be a pain but it's the first I've heard of such letter. Thanks!

I think so as well maybe he pushed her she hit her head and had a seizure n it scared him and he choked her.
You get help for someone after an accident or seizure you do not put them down like a farm animal because you are scared and unsure what to do. Everyone knows the basics of getting help in an emergency even children.
No, he fought with her and became angry and murdered her. If it was an accident why the silence on his return? You would go to police and tell them.
It is like those parents that murder their child and claim an accident and then hide body and lie. You get help no matter what not hide them and lie to LE.

I think he injured her terribly and chickened out on calling 911 because he didn't want to go to jail if she was able to tell what happened. I am so uncomfortable reading what he wrote because there is probably truth to it. When he decided not to call 911, the act of killing her probably did feel like a 'mercy' killing as she was in so much pain. I can't believe he went out trying to get people to feel sorry for him and spinning a crazy story.
Agree with you! He was talking about how tiny she is and I believe he overpowered her :( guess he didn’t realize that the DV incident would’ve came out

Gotta love Brian Entin.

That letter/confession is nothing but lies. The truth is in there if you read between the lines.

It makes no plausible sense.

MOO
Seems like he wanted to go out in a blaze of gaslighting, believing himself a Victor, better than all the scientists and all the facts of the case.
His final insult to humanity as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe