Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely feasible, and if so, maybe someone else is responsible for her demise (hopefully she is not and she will be found). When I was in my 20's, my then husband and I got in an argument in our car in a really rough section of town and he pushed me out of the car and drove home and left me there. I had to walk home while being harassed by men late at night and in a really bad area and I was so scared I wouldn't make it back. This was mid 90's and before either of us had cell phones. By the time I got home, he was already asleep. He is now my ex, and thankfully I never had kids with him...

It definitely doesn't look good that she has been missing for so long with no contact with family and friends that we know of, and only reported missing a couple of days ago.

If Gabby left him and hooked up with another traveling person or group , she'd have taken her belongings with her.

Were any of her clothes or possessions found in the van ?

Certainly she'd have taken her phone !
Besides GP's IG account it appears she had an online store, so maybe when there was internet connection she'd want to log in and update ?
And if she left BL, wouldn't she shut down the IG travel Vlog ?
Or did BL shut it down ?
And when ?
IG users who are active will leave a small virtual 'calendar', so it will be interesting to see when the activity was closed down, or they just stopped updating ?
SM might help to crack this case and lead to answers.

Did BL go 'radio silent' from all internet/phone activity , a day or two after Gabby vanished ?
And did he call or text his relatives on the drive back ?
I'd imagine LE would like to look at those communications if they exist ?

Speculation :
IF she fell victim to foul play from anyone, because of their travels-- it will be like finding the needle in the haystack.
Worse than that.
Thousands of miles of roads and park land. :(

I hope this is all just a mistake and she's fine somewhere !!
MOO.

Following.
When I was her age (over a decade ago), my then-boyfriend and I bought a conversion van and lived out of it (with our dog) while traveling from NY to CA, swept the South, and back. We, too, visited the Arches in Utah, Beautiful.
We traveled 40 days total. Yes, very occasionally we would get a hotel, but mostly stayed the nights at truck stops (which have rental showers as well as wash facilities for clothes) and National Park campgrounds. At no time did we tire of eachother, it was a very exciting time for us. We were very much in love and excited to absorb each days' experiences.

The fact that BF came home without her and immediately lawyered up, leads me to believe something bad happened to Gabby. Be it an accident, or otherwise, I think BF knows exactly what happened to her. If there were an accident, I think he'd have contacted authorities immediately as well as her family, not drove home and retained a lawyer.. MOO

Sorry the article gives no names. No information! My posts seem to duplicate some times
Sorry
@LeeJay55 you have time to edit your post and add the actual link to NorthPort PD (above) so that you meet WS TOS requirement of a link. this is good information and i find locals sometimes know a lot and comment on these site. Thanks for bringing it here and glad to have a local for Gabby.
JMO

I think she was probably kidnapped while using a public facility or a vending machine and when she never returned ,her bf panicked.He waited a few days to see if she might show up and when she didn't he sweated bullets wondering what he should do next ,and worried about being accused of her disappearance and facing the hell that goes along with it.He waited till he was safely home before saying anything because he was scared.

I'm going to say money, food and space became a serious problem which lead to whatever happened here. Also that comment from Gabby's mother about not knowing where the relationship was heading and Gabby's father moving down to Vero Beach to be closer to her I find telling. This relationship wasn't as rose tinted as it appears me thinks.
Yep, I think her family knows something was wrong and her parents are pushing to go public because they don't believe she just got out of the van and walked away without contacting them. I read in one article that it was her van. So, it is especially odd to me that he would drive it home across the USA without her. Hopefully that will trigger the FBI to get involved.

Tiny house or camp living is really HARD. I hope she did just walk away from it. But I think she was in tune with both of her parents and wouldn't leave them worrying for 2+ weeks either.

I think she was probably kidnapped while using a public facility or a vending machine and when she never returned ,her bf panicked.He waited a few days to see if she might show up and when she didn't he sweated bullets wondering what he should do next ,and worried about being accused of her disappearance and facing the hell that goes along with it.He waited till he was safely home before saying anything because he was scared.
Possible but highly unlikely imo. Why wouldn’t he look for her or report her missing within hours?

So they basicly were camped outside Moab for 2 weeks minimum and up to 3 weeks (everything Jul 30-Aug. 13 is near Moab with a 8 day "pad" between Moab and SLC; aug. 21 st Dad orders dinner for them). Was dinner out of necessity?
Lots of "free spirits" in Moab (IMHO). Maybe somebody even "free-er" was met. And they traveled together to Tetons where she ditched Brian and is on an even more "disconnected" adventure with x? Merely speculating alternatives.

2 women were recently killed in Moab also and that crime is unsolved. I need to check dates, but it was in August!

Devils advocate but if the BF DID do something to her wouldn't it be likely that he would ditch the van and make a run for it? He would have at least a couple week head start and LE would probably think (for a while anyway) that he was missing too. Coming home WITH the van seems like a not guilty thing to do.
If they broke up and went separate ways, he would likely not contact the family assuming that she would do that.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt-it seems more likely to me that they split up and she got lost or some harm befell her apart from him and now he's facing a <modsnip> storm not of his doing.
I know that his not cooperating with LE casts doubt on this...
My guess would be they got in a argument Gabby told him to leave without her and she would find a way back. She’s very young even if she did tell him to leave what kind of man would leave her stranded to fiend for herself? I feel bad for her family not knowing where she is and where to start looking very overwhelming. I think her family knows more but aren’t releasing due to him lawyered up.

If people are referring to the 8 minute video in the Daily Mail article, I don't perceive anything negative between the two either. Ofcourse, when one posts such a video publicly, one normally chooses to film good times and the idyllic parts.

It does look bad for the bf though....driving on his own across the country without informing her family if the two parted ways, knowing that Gabby was in regular contact with them...or if there was an accident, or getting lost, not to call family or 911. This wasn't a brand new relationship, and they were engaged.

Also sitting back waiting for more info.

I think/feel same as you. The video actually reminded me of my son and his gf, happy but not overly gregarious. However, with what we've learned so far, nope... it doesn't look good. :(

Valuable time may have been lost due to the non-reporting of her missing status. The fiance has every right to a lawyer but it would be so simple for him to say "I saw her on _________ and she took her cell phone and left". Because he hasn't publicly said anything and isn't cooperating with LE (see links below) - we do ask why? and the answer is usually not very good until we hear otherwise.

JMO
Where Is Gabby? Family Begs for Help Finding NY Woman Who Vanished on Road Trip

Fiancé of missing road-tripper 'hires lawyer & won't work with cops'

He does look older and out of place. Phony looking IMO

she seems genuine but his whole IG seems fake

after 8 weeks (is that how long they were on the road?) maybe the jig was up and something happened

just moo
I would imagine it would be difficult trying to be around someone 24hrs a day, considering you've never lived together before. And, yeah after 8 wks...look out, your nerves are wearing thin.

It could have been just a minor disagreement that got out of hand w/some pushing and shoving...

jmo

Here's the link, LeeJay55.

North Port Police Department

5glSo1g smeldihns ·

The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.
Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."
We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.
In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.

2 women were recently killed in Moab also and that crime is unsolved. I need to check dates, but it was in August!
I was going to mention that but it seems like a long shot the two are connected. They were last seen Aug. 14th but later told friends a "weirdo" was creeping them out and they were moving sites. But yes, this couple was in the area at the same time.

If Gabby left him and hooked up with another traveling person or group , she'd have taken her belongings with her.

Were any of her clothes or possessions found in the van ?

Certainly she'd have taken her phone !
Besides GP's IG account it appears she had an online store, so maybe when there was internet connection she'd want to log in and update ?
And if she left BL, wouldn't she shut down the IG travel Vlog ?
Or did BL shut it down ?
And when ?
IG users who are active will leave a small virtual 'calendar', so it will be interesting to see when the activity was closed down, or they just stopped updating ?
SM might help to crack this case and lead to answers.

Did BL go 'radio silent' from all internet/phone activity , a day or two after Gabby vanished ?
And did he call or text his relatives on the drive back ?
I'd imagine LE would like to look at those communications if they exist ?

Speculation :
IF she fell victim to foul play from anyone, because of their travels-- it will be like finding the needle in the haystack.
Worse than that.
Thousands of miles of roads and park land. :(

I hope this is all just a mistake and she's fine somewhere !!
MOO.
Yup. I've said it often - a woman does not typically leave without her belongings, particularly her phone and some money/a credit card. We have seen it so many times here. You can imagine whatever scenario you like, but a missing woman with no phone or money is, 99% of the time, deceased. I don't mean to be macabre, but that's how I see this. I hope I am wrong, and I hope she is found one way or the other. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera