Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Would LE need a search warrant for phones --hers or his ?
Unless the BF voluntarily gave his and Gabby's phones to LE.
If so --that much cooperation would be appreciated.
However, I'm assuming her phone may not be with anyone ?
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started following this case and, obviously, have not read through all of the posts so pardon me if I am repeating something. IMO, unfortunately, I don't think this will end well for Gabby's parents. It makes no sense for the boyfriend to not be missing and now not commenting on the whereabouts of Gabby who he was traveling with for an extended period of time. If he wants to look guilty, he is doing a good job at it. JMO, but could she have been more into the relationship and future than himself and/or pregnant and he wanted out? Not sure if they lived together beforehand but traveling with someone virtually 24/7 is different and can change the dynamic.

I find it odd that they had completed a good portion of their trip, including several dangerous hikes (during which at any time he could have pushed her and made it look like an accident). If something sinister had been planned, then you’d think it would have happened a little earlier on during one of the hikes. Or that he wouldn’t have fully agreed with documenting the entire trip, which would really kind of screw up any “plans” due to making it obvious when she stopped posting. This is all very strange.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Who knows how he felt about documenting the whole trip (which wasn't exactly happening as planned, as the posts seemed to have slowed and the new blog page is still under wraps).

It's the fact that she stopped texting family (including her cousins, with whom she was frequently in contact via SnapChat...) that's alarming. BF has offered no explanation in his "family statement."

I find it odd that they had completed a good portion of their trip, including several dangerous hikes (during which at any time he could have pushed her and made it look like an accident). If something sinister had been planned, then you’d think it would have happened a little earlier on during one of the hikes. Or that he wouldn’t have fully agreed with documenting the entire trip, which would really kind of screw up any “plans” due to making it obvious when she stopped posting. This is all very strange.
if something did happen, i speculate it was not planned. <modsnip> MSO

So...the search is focusing on Grand Teton NP, somehow. I wonder if BF's attorney has confirmed this as the last place he saw her - it's the last place her mother heard from her.

This case is so sad and so strange.
I"m curious if they had find my iphone / location services turned on for the cell? I would have hoped a statement would have included something about where she was last seen by the bf that she was on the road trip with...
JMO

Thanks for this update, @Gardenista !
"Remaining in the background ..." ?
Which is their right to do so , but why not go and help search ?
Just saying.
Imo.

Who knows. Maybe something happened between the two and he said screw you, I'm out

I'm not saying it's not insensitive but still a possibility

Has anyone reported any type of hint of fear or unhappiness in her texts or social media at all, at any point? I feel like quite a few of the missing women have texted at least ONE tiny hint to a family member at some point that their relationship had a dark side. Anything like that with this one?

As others have mentioned, maybe this was something impulsive, resulting from a fight? Or maybe he found a message on her phone he didn’t like, or some sort of social media connection?

So weird though because usually I feel like if someone offs someone else, esp in the wilderness, they try to come up with a plausible explanation to look innocent. They don’t just quietly go home and hire a lawyer. He almost acts hurt/detached, and his family seems to be protecting him.

And the ones who have mentioned the family’s delay in calling police are right that it’s weird, too. Unless the family was specifically told, “I won’t have phone service for about 8 days, don’t worry if you don’t hear from me.” But that hasn’t been mentioned.

A side note, have you heard about a newlywed couple murdered in Moab on aug 18. Arches National park. Strangest thing is Gabby and her BF last post (not counting a Halloween one) was in Moab UT Arches NP in aug 12. Coincidence or something to think about…

<modsnip>
Who knows how he felt about documenting the whole trip (which wasn't exactly happening as planned, as the posts seemed to have slowed and the new blog page is still under wraps).

No I get it, I was just trying to rule stuff out.

I agree about documenting. I feel like the Chris Watts situation was made worse by all the forced social media documentation of their lives, in some way. There’s something weird these days about being a huge social media presence that, I think, puts a lot of strain on relationships. I actually worry about a couple of my favorite Instagram influencers.

A side note, have you heard about a newlywed couple murdered in Moab on aug 18. Arches National park. Strangest thing is Gabby and her BF last post (not counting a Halloween one) was in Moab UT Arches NP in aug 12. Coincidence or something to think about…
I thought that could be connected somehow.
Not too far out of the realm of possibility ?

Welcome to Websleuths !!!

I'm following that case very closely. The thing is, a creepy "ghost creeper" was described by two other women months before the couple was killed. Further, they had given a description of this person (who had established a dry camp near where they were dry camping on what may have been BLM land - although locals say the area may be privately owned, no one seems sure and LE hasn't said). One of the women told a coworker that if they ended up murdered, it would be the "creepy guy" and they were thinking about moving camp (where they had been living for a while). These two women are part of a large group of young people who camp outside Moab, either in established BLM campgrounds or in dispersed camping (the murdered women were in an unusual area, in dispersed camping - an area that locals say they know, but which is not part of the BLM camping system - no water, etc).

The two murdered women went into town the night they were killed and once again mentioned that this man (who had been camping near them, also for a while) was "creeping" around and scaring them (I wish people would be more specific!)

So I don't see how it could be GP's BF. The fact that the murdered women had told more than one person of their fear of this man - over a period of time much longer than the time GP was in Moab (one night, as I understand it), means it can't be GP's BF.

Just speculation, but the tavern in Moab, UT (Woody's Tavern) that couple was seen at before they were murdered is on 191 right between Canyonlands National park where GP and BL were on July 30th and Arches Nationa Park where they were on August 12th. Not saying it's related but very much the same area.

Photo of the BL family's statement

Tony Aiello
@AielloTV

#Breaking Statement from lawyer for Laundrie family. Brian Laundrie is fiancé of missing woman Gabby Petito. #FindGabby Picture courtesy ⁦
@GusoffTV

E_Q-HY5XoAEEVTL

I am really confused why it took so long for her parents to report her missing. If the dad spoke to her once a week and her mom talked to her several times a week and numerous family members were in contact, why did it take almost 2 weeks before they reported her missing?

Also, the only way I could see a parent not "letting" their child talk with police is if they were told a believable story by their child. I mean as a parent I would be saying "Where is she? You need to provide details to the police". I wouldn't be hiding him. I mean obviously retaining a lawyer is never a bad thing necessarily, but wouldn't you want to clear your name, provide details, and help her be found......if you're innocent?
“She was having a great time. She said she was heading up to Wyoming,” Schmidt said about her last conversation with her daughter.

Then a number of days passed.

“I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”

‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

From the media thread - Mom thought she was in a no service zone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95