Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most DV-related disappearances are not so simple. We have cases where the criminal tried more than once to kill someone and failed to follow through (or get accomplices to follow through). Patrick Frazee comes to mind.

None of their hikes in Utah were in the kind of forested land that is in Grand Tetons. Pretty easy to find a body at Arches - or Capitol Reef - or Canyonlands (Zion has some mazes with trees, but we have no word that either of them hiked in those areas in Zion).

Not sure why you think there needed to be planning, though. Things can build up and tensions can intensify, the longer the underlying issues aren't addressed.

Who knows how he felt about documenting the whole trip (which wasn't exactly happening as planned, as the posts seemed to have slowed and the new blog page is still under wraps).

It's the fact that she stopped texting family (including her cousins, with whom she was frequently in contact via SnapChat...) that's alarming. BF has offered no explanation in his "family statement."
Do we know at what point the documentation of their trip seemed to slow down? Was it before August 24th?

I can't figure out a scenario where I would leave a place where my fiance was last seen and drive 2,500 miles home without letting anyone know that she was lost. Unless I had something to do with the losing, IMHO MOO and all that.

The only thing I can think of is if they fought over something, he left, and then came back and she was either gone or worse. I would think the last thing a person would want to do is implicate themselves in a crime thousands of miles away from home, especially if they fought or had an otherwise incriminating experience before the BF left. I mean, that’s giving him the benefit of the doubt, I guess.

I think she was probably kidnapped while using a public facility or a vending machine and when she never returned ,her bf panicked.He waited a few days to see if she might show up and when she didn't he sweated bullets wondering what he should do next ,and worried about being accused of her disappearance and facing the hell that goes along with it.He waited till he was safely home before saying anything because he was scared.

In my opinion, that wouldn't be the natural reaction, if she suddenly went missing while they were together, I think it would be instinctive to contact the local authorities, whether at the campground or other. But I wonder if something happened that he was somehow involved with and he called his parents and they told him to drive home immediately. Just speculating.

I see in this article that her Dad didn't think highly of the boyfriend:

Asked for his opinion of Laundrie, Joe Petito told The Daily Beast, “I’ve got thoughts about the guy, but I can’t share them… I would love to say more, but I can’t.

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

I personally wouldn’t give a whole lot of stock in after-the-fact statements though, you know? I mean… say you suspect your neighbor stole your Amazon package… you’re gonna stand there and say you never liked the guy, now that you believe he took your package.

That was the FBI that was at the house? It was hard to tell

Exclusive photos obtained by The Post show cops dropping off an envelope outside Laundrie’s home.

[..]

Taylor said he wasn’t aware of the envelope dropoff Tuesday.

Meanwhile, police have seized the converted van the couple had been traveling in from his home.

“It’s here at the police department. It will be processed with the FBI,” Taylor said.

florida-police.jpg

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Wow. This statement is cold.
And also tries to establish what is, IMO, a false equivalency. The Petito family is undoubtedly going through a very difficult time, but the Laundrie family? Well, their son came home from the trip as planned, so they're already far, far better off than the Petito family.

I personally wouldn’t give a whole lot of stock in after-the-fact statements though, you know? I mean… say you suspect your neighbor stole your Amazon package… you’re gonna stand there and say you never liked the guy, now that you believe he took your package.
It sounds like he supported his daughter's free spirit, but something about this guy was off to him, so much so the dad moved, uprooted, to be close by in another state.

I read in an interview with Mom that her daughter and this guy "rekindled" their friendship after high school. I’m going to speculate that they dated briefly in h.s., she dumped him, he wormed his way back in, isolated her from her family and security, tried to control her, realized she was going to end things, and couldn't deal with losing her again.

Curious why she would post "Happy Halloween" in August... that post strikes me as strange. It could be nothing, but it also makes no sense.

To me it feels like a cryptic reference to the fact that the trip which was supposed to finish in
Oregon around Halloween, ended. One of her friends doesn't feel like she made that post.

And also tries to establish what is, IMO, a false equivalency. The Petito family is undoubtedly going through a very difficult time, but the Laundrie family? Well, their son came home from the trip as planned, so they're already far, far better off than the Petito family.

Definite lawyer speak, they try to appear impartial.

Prefacing this by saying I highly doubt this case has any connection to the murdered women in Moab, but it is curious that the porcupine rim campground on the list is in the exact area that the women were found in.

It’s not extremely close by, it’s like 7-8 miles away and 20-25min drive, but still an odd coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog