Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated earlier that if your daughter suddenly goes dark, it follows that parents would also try to reach her travel companion -- in this case her fiance.

Confirmation that Gabby's mother did just that without success:

“After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

Police have said that they had not been able to speak directly to Laundrie, who has since returned to his home in North Port, Fla.

Gabby Petito's mom says texts might not be from her daughter

I'm not sure why, but after reading the bf's statement and watching the dad's Fox interview, I feel like she stayed there willingly. That's a complete about-face on how I felt less than an hour ago.

I feel the same ... something just doesn't feel right ... the , no prior concern expressed about BL (“As a mom, I had concerns about a daughter going on a road trip in general,” Nicole said. “But I felt safe...They had a plan, an itinerary, and we were excited for them.”) and no concern expressed after aug 23 / 24 facetime btw mom and GP

Since Gabby and BL were engaged, and the couple was living with his parents, I wonder whether both Gabby's and BL's parents had met, had any social interactions.
If so, you'd think his parents would be in contact with Gabby's parents after she vanished....even during the trip itself.

I guess you've never had an angry girlfriend get out of the (her) car you (the bf) are driving and state she is walking home! ;)

My experience in life and in following stories on websleuths is that we often have this expectation that people always behave clear-headed and logically (and make our judgements based on that)... when in reality people do a lot of illogical things... and I'd say that is especially true for younger "madly in love" people.

The boyfriend's story is going to be the #1 clue.

I think the mother speaking to Gabby on the 24th is also pretty important. It seems to me some of the 'sleuthing' of social media posts made before then, etc.. is probably not going to turn out to be particularly relevant.

Still, I have an issue with him just leaving her there. Depending on where they were that could be life threatening.

I'm going to stick with statistics on this one. There is a reason a significant others are numero uno on a suspect list. Statistics say this case will most likely not end well.

The laundrie family statement says they hope that Gabby‘s family finds her and that she is reunited with them and that the laundries are staying out of it. Nothing about hoping their son is reunited with the love of his life or anything like that.

strongly suggests to me that Brian’s story is that they broke up permanently and went their separate ways and want nothing to do with each other.

This is so strange, as it implies she is alive and well (and maybe has amnesia or something, and doesn't know who she is)? If she's okay and doesn't have amnesia, why would she not contact someone? Why would her BF not have alerted someone, anyone, if she had gotten lost on a hike or stomped off in a huff and never returned or woken up one day not knowing who she was....?

I can't figure out a scenario where I would leave a place where my fiance was last seen and drive 2,500 miles home without letting anyone know that she was lost. Unless I had something to do with the losing, IMHO MOO and all that.

Maybe she left him!
Just a thought!

It sounds like he supported his daughter's free spirit, but something about this guy was off to him, so much so the dad moved, uprooted, to be close by in another state.

I read in an interview with Mom that her daughter and this guy "rekindled" their friendship after high school. I’m going to speculate that they dated briefly in h.s., she dumped him, he wormed his way back in, isolated her from her family and security, tried to control her, realized she was going to end things, and couldn't deal with losing her again.

Some version of that could be true, but it's a lot of baseless speculation. There's nothing to indicate they were unhappy, that he was controlling, or anything like that. The friends that have commented have been surprised and shocked... nobody has said "he always seemed off" or whatever.

Having said what you said... it would be interesting if anyone could find their social media activity BEFORE they got back together.

I stated earlier that if your daughter suddenly goes dark, it follows that parents would also try to reach her travel companion -- in this case her fiance.

“After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

Police have said that they had not been able to speak directly to Laundrie, who has since returned to his home in North Port, Fla.

If she is there willingly - what explanation is for their behavior then? It would be so easy to say when mom called his mom - hey, G wanted to stay B did not. He came home. We haven't heard from her since___________. but ignoring them? and refusing to speak with LE?

something is off here
JMO

If Laundrie's mother would not respond to Gabby's mother on Aug 30, it
leads me to believe Mrs. Laundrie knew information about why they weren't together already and did not want to participate in finding Gabby or in getting her son to participate in finding his fiancee'. Even if they had only broken up acrimoniously, there should have been some information or cooperation in play.

This is not normal and I hope these parents realize they are going to be up for obstruction of justice charges when LE gets a good look at that van and it's route.

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

If he had done mechanical work and put his own, or even his parents money, into the van he still has interest in it. I know that they weren’t married, and if the van was only in one person’s name then that person legally owns it. I also think he could fight something like that in court as there’s a lot of proof that he helped take care of it, was probably on the insurance, drove it, etc. I just mean he was clearly entitled to use the van, any theft would really depend on the circumstances of her going missing.

If his name is not on the title he has no right to use the van without permission whatsoever. Believe me, I have personally gone through this. Handshake deals don't matter.

There was no Burn this year
Correct. There was not an official Burning Man event this year at Black Rock City. However, like last year there was an unofficial "Burn"event on the playa.

I've read some 20,000 people attended this time. Compared to about 1000 last year and 80,000 at the last official event in 2019.

All I mean is that the van and it’s ownership seems to be irrelevant at this point. LE knows where it is and that Brian arrived home in it. He’s got a vested interest based on how much time and money he put into it as it was a joint project. Even if they were married and it was only in her name he would have interest in it. Not being legally married and him arriving alone in the van, I just don’t see how it matters if they both equally took care of it.

It matters if he stole it.

To me it feels like a cryptic reference to the fact that the trip which was supposed to finish in
Oregon around Halloween, ended. One of her friends doesn't feel like she made that post.

Definite lawyer speak, they try to appear impartial.
Was there a picture with the text? Or did she just write Happy Halloween and that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi