Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculation, but the tavern in Moab, UT (Woody's Tavern) that couple was seen at before they were murdered is on 191 right between Canyonlands National park where GP and BL were on July 30th and Arches Nationa Park where they were on August 12th. Not saying it's related but very much the same area.
Also, both couples did a VanLife

Please see the full-context of statement by Gabby's mother re. the relationship:

Gabby Petito's parents said the couple left Salt Lake City for Grand Teton National Park around Aug. 24, where they believe the couple spent no more than two days.

This was also around the last time Petito spoke with her mother over FaceTime.

"She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend," said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

Then the details get hazy as Petito's parents say they're not sure if she made it to her next destination.

"She was making her way up to Yellowstone," Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

"The last text I got from her was on Aug. 30. I don't know if that was her texting me or not," Schmidt said.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

I'm following that case very closely. The thing is, a creepy "ghost creeper" was described by two other women months before the couple was killed. Further, they had given a description of this person (who had established a dry camp near where they were dry camping on what may have been BLM land - although locals say the area may be privately owned, no one seems sure and LE hasn't said). One of the women told a coworker that if they ended up murdered, it would be the "creepy guy" and they were thinking about moving camp (where they had been living for a while). These two women are part of a large group of young people who camp outside Moab, either in established BLM campgrounds or in dispersed camping (the murdered women were in an unusual area, in dispersed camping - an area that locals say they know, but which is not part of the BLM camping system - no water, etc).

The two murdered women went into town the night they were killed and once again mentioned that this man (who had been camping near them, also for a while) was "creeping" around and scaring them (I wish people would be more specific!)

So I don't see how it could be GP's BF. The fact that the murdered women had told more than one person of their fear of this man - over a period of time much longer than the time GP was in Moab (one night, as I understand it), means it can't be GP's BF.

We don't know what happened right now obviously but if BL didn't have anything to do with GP's missing status but did leave her in the area where a murderer (who killed the two women in Moab) was she could have been a target alone. Long shot but just something to think about maybe,

I'm following that case very closely. The thing is, a creepy "ghost creeper" was described by two other women months before the couple was killed. Further, they had given a description of this person (who had established a dry camp near where they were dry camping on what may have been BLM land - although locals say the area may be privately owned, no one seems sure and LE hasn't said). One of the women told a coworker that if they ended up murdered, it would be the "creepy guy" and they were thinking about moving camp (where they had been living for a while). These two women are part of a large group of young people who camp outside Moab, either in established BLM campgrounds or in dispersed camping (the murdered women were in an unusual area, in dispersed camping - an area that locals say they know, but which is not part of the BLM camping system - no water, etc).

The two murdered women went into town the night they were killed and once again mentioned that this man (who had been camping near them, also for a while) was "creeping" around and scaring them (I wish people would be more specific!)

So I don't see how it could be GP's BF. The fact that the murdered women had told more than one person of their fear of this man - over a period of time much longer than the time GP was in Moab (one night, as I understand it), means it can't be GP's BF.
Thanks for clarifying, @10ofRods !
I'm hoping that crime will be solved.
It's sad that that couple couldn't move campsites in time. :(
Clearly they were spooked !
RIP.

We don't know what happened right now obviously but if BL didn't have anything to do with GP's missing status but did leave her in the area where a murderer (who killed the two women in Moab) was she could have been a target alone. Long shot but just something to think about maybe,

Not only that but if he DID leave her out of anger, and then maybe went back for her the next day, and didn’t find her….he could have either thought that she left the area without him OR he could have found her dead (or found her stuff abandoned) and realized it made him look bad, so he went home and got a lawyer.

Interesting that another poster pointed out the other couple who was killed was also doing a VanLife thing. Huh.

Boyfriend of missing Long Island woman, Gabby Petito, issues statement through lawyer - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.

"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.

"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."
Wow. This statement is cold.

Not only that but if he DID leave her out of anger, and then maybe went back for her the next day, and didn’t find her….he could have either thought that she left the area without him OR he could have found her dead (or found her stuff abandoned) and realized it made him look bad, so he went home and got a lawyer.

Interesting that another poster pointed out the other couple who was killed was also doing a VanLife thing. Huh.

Not the same VanLife thing. They were both employed at Moab (the younger woman was a very popular cashier at the Food Co-op, where she also did a bit of modeling for their promotions). They were employed people who couldn't afford the AirBnB prices that hit Moab in summer and early fall. They were not on a trip, they were not touring. Their van wasn't even at their campsite (they worried about its safety while they were at work, so they left it parked near where one of them worked).

Both of the dead women had been living in Moab for about a year.

Not the same VanLife thing. They were both employed at Moab (the younger woman was a very popular cashier at the Food Co-op, where she also did a bit of modeling for their promotions). They were employed people who couldn't afford the AirBnB prices that hit Moab in summer and early fall. They were not on a trip, they were not touring. Their van wasn't even at their campsite (they worried about its safety while they were at work, so they left it parked near where one of them worked).

Both of the dead women had been living in Moab for about a year.

Didn't know that, thank you. They were still camping though which is how they were being "stalked" or bothered by "the creepy guy" they talked about before they were found.

bbm
The bolded bit might be understandable if they had an argument ... but the refusal to talk makes it seem hinky.
And the going home without Gabby is going to raise questions !

From my earlier posts, LE issuing a public statement saying the BF is not cooperating is huge.
I was wondering if they would say that, as sometimes LE say nothing for a long time ?
Imo.

Last edited:
Gabby Petito disappearance: Florida police visit home of boyfriend, leave envelope

Police in Florida were seen dropping off a pink envelope at the home of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito‘s boyfriend — as authorities say they’re preparing for the possibility that something "sinister" has happened to her.

Exclusive photos obtained by The Post show cops dropping off an envelope outside Laundrie’s home.

North Port police said they attempted to talk to Laundrie, but were rebuffed by his parents, who put them in touch with his attorney.

Taylor denied a report that authorities had made contact with Laundrie directly.

Taylor said he wasn’t aware of the envelope dropoff Tuesday.

Please see the full-context of statement by Gabby's mother re. the relationship:

Gabby Petito's parents said the couple left Salt Lake City for Grand Teton National Park around Aug. 24, where they believe the couple spent no more than two days.

This was also around the last time Petito spoke with her mother over FaceTime.

"She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend," said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

Then the details get hazy as Petito's parents say they're not sure if she made it to her next destination.

"She was making her way up to Yellowstone," Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

"The last text I got from her was on Aug. 30. I don't know if that was her texting me or not," Schmidt said.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC
It’s interesting that the mother seems to have no problem speaking on the boyfriend but the father refuses to speak on him. Wonder what the reason is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog