Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents updated timeline that they have not seen BL since Sept. 13

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-STAN text can discussed as it is known. However, there is nothing to support secret codes or Eminem songs at this time. Keep discussion of the text to the text.
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

Please continue here…

*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

Have a great day everyone!

A lot has been made of BL using Gabby's van and cards. In fact, it is the use of those cards that have gotten a federal warrant issued for BL's address. However, IMO, it happens often SO's use each others' vehicles and cards without a thought. Not something I would recommend, but I see it often enough that I don't believe BL did it as a deliberate theft attempt. I dont' think it was even on his mind. I believe he made a mindless rush to get back to home and parents as fast as he could.

For Gabby and her family, it is a good thing that she allowed shared used of resources as it is the only thing that is giving a legal manacle on BL at this time.

This is exactly what I think. I personally didn't know until this case just how serious "card sharing" can be as a crime (I'm not talking about actual theft) in that the crime is against the bank, not the card holder. I really feel he just didn't even think and continued to use what he saw as shared resources. It is fortunate that it gave the FBI an easy indictment to pin on BL. MOO

I keep going back to the time he flew home. I think whatever happened later had to be rooted there. I don't think he flew home to clean out a storage space. That makes no sense. He may have done that while he was there but I doubt it's the reason for the trip. At the Moab stop Gabby seemed utterly distraught at the thought of being without BL. Not of being alone, just without BL. Why would she be ok with being without him for a week just because she was in a hotel? She still would have been without him. I'll admit there are entire pages I missed when these threads were moving like lightning so maybe I missed something that would explain this. I know her dad got pizza for her when she was there but did she tell him why she was there? Did he know she was alone? Was her mom aware of this? This weird part of the timeline keeps niggling at me as something important but I can't quite get a handle on it. Just me? Anyone else feel this way?

This is exactly what I think. I personally didn't know until this case just how serious "card sharing" can be as a crime (I'm not talking about actual theft) in that the crime is against the bank, not the card holder. I really feel he just didn't even think and continued to use what he saw as shared resources. It is fortunate that it gave the FBI an easy indictment to pin on BL. MOO

The vast vast majority of the time nothing comes of it. LE very rarely pursues these cases. Courts are reluctant to take these cases when there is a clear past pattern of someone sharing the card on a regular and customary basis. Just repayment of the amounts taken ends the case. Too many more serious cases on the docket. But when it's connected to a homicide case, it's a whole other story. Possible the feds will throw the book at him. Also, it's another item on a long list of things that Gabby's family can use in a civil suit against BL. But first BL needs to be found.

Investigation Discovery to air new segment:
Gabby Petito: ID Special Report
Wednesday, Oct 13, 9pm/8 central.

Hope they have new info. This re-reporting (disguised as new info) & expert panel rehashing/ review is getting tiresome. We need an arrest & justice.

I don't know if this piece has already been posted, but it gives a more precise location for where the body was found in Watauga County. The body is described as being "down an embankment." We don't know if this has anything to do with BL, though many have wondered about that.

"Update Sunday October 10 11:49am – A man was found dead Oct. 9 on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Blowing Rock, according to the National Park Service.

National Park Service dispatchers received a report from a park visitor of a body below the Yadkin Valley Overlook at Milepost 289.9 at 1:14 p.m. Law enforcement rangers located the body at 1:19 p.m.

An investigation is underway by the NPS Investigative Services Branch with assistance from the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation. The cause of death is unknown at this time."

Body found on local section of Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday afternoon - WataugaOnline.com

I keep going back to the time he flew home. I think whatever happened later had to be rooted there. I don't think he flew home to clean out a storage space. That makes no sense. He may have done that while he was there but I doubt it's the reason for the trip. At the Moab stop Gabby seemed utterly distraught at the thought of being without BL. Not of being alone, just without BL. Why would she be ok with being without him for a week just because she was in a hotel? She still would have been without him. I'll admit there are entire pages I missed when these threads were moving like lightning so maybe I missed something that would explain this. I know her dad got pizza for her when she was there but did she tell him why she was there? Did he know she was alone? Was her mom aware of this? This weird part of the timeline keeps niggling at me as something important but I can't quite get a handle on it. Just me? Anyone else feel this way?

I look at it differently. Storage lockers in my area require a full year lease and a large one that is temperature controlled is expensive. There also may have been other things that needed attention so that 3 months away was just too much without returning in the middle to get some things taken care of. If BL had bought the plane tickets at or before onset of trip, and booked that hotel at the same time, he could have done it very expensively. My son made early trip provisions this year and got great deals.

It is also possible that there was a break in the relationship at that time, but what difference does it make? I do not believe LE or most anyone thinks that Gabby's fate was planned. It was most likely a spontaneous loss of temper and control on BL's part that caused Gabby's death. Not some diabolical plan that was formed ahead of time.

I don't know if this piece has already been posted, but it gives a more precise location for where the body was found in Watauga County. The body is described as being "down an embankment." We don't know if this has anything to do with BL, though many have wondered about that.

"Update Sunday October 10 11:49am – A man was found dead Oct. 9 on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Blowing Rock, according to the National Park Service.

National Park Service dispatchers received a report from a park visitor of a body below the Yadkin Valley Overlook at Milepost 289.9 at 1:14 p.m. Law enforcement rangers located the body at 1:19 p.m.

An investigation is underway by the NPS Investigative Services Branch with assistance from the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation. The cause of death is unknown at this time."

Body found on local section of Blue Ridge Parkway Saturday afternoon - WataugaOnline.com

When Gabby's remains (not even a body) was found, even early reports stated that it was suspected that they were hers. Not a word officially of any suspicion that these are BL's. Which leads me to believe that there is no way this is him..

Investigation Discovery to air new segment:
Gabby Petito: ID Special Report
Wednesday, Oct 13, 9pm/8 central.

Hope they have new info. This re-reporting (disguised as new info) & expert panel rehashing/ review is getting tiresome. We need an arrest & justice.

No kidding! I really dislike the expert panels because 99% of the time their opinion is just at good as anyone else's.

It is helpful to have an expert on to explain a process or what is going on... Much like the esteemed attorneys on this forum here! But some retired FBI agent's opinion on where BL is right now is not much better than mine. MOO

I look at it differently. Storage lockers in my area require a full year lease and a large one that is temperature controlled is expensive. There also may have been other things that needed attention so that 3 months away was just too much without returning in the middle to get some things taken care of. If BL had bought the plane tickets at or before onset of trip, and booked that hotel at the same time, he could have done it very expensively. My son made early trip provisions this year and got great deals.

It is also possible that there was a break in the relationship at that time, but what difference does it make? I do not believe LE or most anyone thinks that Gabby's fate was planned. It was most likely a spontaneous loss of temper and control on BL's part that caused Gabby's death. Not some diabolical plan that was formed ahead of time.

I'm not saying it was planned. Rather i think there was something about that week that led to the events that spiraled out of control. MOO. I don't know what it was but I feel like it was the beginning of something. YMMV

Card sharing is something you do with living people. If you use someone's card after they have died - similar to taking money out of their wallet - you have passed the normal threshold of sharing. A dead person cannot share, the money no longer belongs to the dead person, it belongs to whomever is going to inherit that person's estate.

Plus, most people are aware that the use of cards can be linked to the specific location where it was used. IMO he used her card to make it appear she had left Grand Teton alive, and so draw away suspicion that she might still be there.

ETA, especially if you have used their card without ever informing anyone that they are dead!
MOO

Last edited:
My guess is that the Moab separation was different than the separation for BL to return home. Some DV savvy people have suggested GB feared the Moab separation could have escalated BL’s anger & she feared the aftermath wrath. As for the trip, I’m in the camp that BL’s parents were concerned enough about the Moab stop, they asked him to return home to “cool off” & see for themselves he was OK to return (clearly they were fooled/ wrong). I also keep wondering if GB knew something or discovered something during BL’s absence that became a threat to BL. It is possible this crime was an accident, or a fit of rage or premeditated based on something she knew/discovered. Nothing will surprise me at this point. All conjecture…

I mean, it’s really only problematic when the owner of the account doesn’t give consent for the use of the account, right? You get caught using your mom’s card to pick up her groceries, she can clear that up for you no problem. Dead people cannot give consent. That is why BL has a warrant for this crime IMO.

YES. But I have a feeling that Gabby told her family the same story that Brian told her about why he was flying to FLA. It IS possible, that GandB cooked up the story together, though. Whatever she told her Mom is something her Mom is not revealing publicly. So, there is something fishy about it, IMO. If all her Dad did was be a good guy and buy her a pizza, he must have believed whatever she told him. Otherwise, he would have been calling Brian to find out why he left his daughter in SLC. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic