GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wondering if some of those books he was selling had *advertiser censored* in them, for select customers. I'm going to say there will be a treasure trove of evidence found on this guys computers and in his home.

Well, if it is him, just as LE says, they are not always the creepy looking guy...
obviously from his website, fb, linked-in etc...he has lots of followers, friends and colleagues. Appeared very talented and successful. He fit right in where he traveled in his work and his hobby as well.

The mystery is, letting the girl go, how could he possibly think he could get away with this? He did not live that far from the abduction and also in a lower populated area where people would certainly be looking. Do you think he wanted to get caught?

If you go to his business FB and click through the profile pic you will see he is what we Brits would call ginger but may be more politely referred to as strawberry blonde or red.

I saw that photo later on. I suppose his hair looks very dark in the FB photo because it's black and white. Heck, he might have dyed it and then bleached it. The description I remember was very light or white hair.

He appears very mobile, and very chameleon like. Changes his look a lot.

Just blends in with the crowd.

*shiver*

...he loves taking pictures of mountains and wind swept fields ... his book of photographs "Autumn"....( the season which is now)..
IMO he left his victim(s) in the very vistas he loved to photograph during his favorite season - I know it hasn't been connected, but many of his photos reminded me of the remote and picturesque field that darling angel Jessica Ridgeway was found - this is just heartbreaking and awful ... if he is indeed the perpetrator it is horrific to think that someone who can portray so much beauty in nature (through photography) can also perpetrate such evil and heinous acts on innocent victims... so twisted and unbelievable -but i think he fits both the FBI profiler's profile and the brave, little victims witness sketch.... may justice be served...

WOW, I was just thinking this. Someone mentioned yesterday in the jessica thread that photographers would be drawn to the field where her body was found. Considering that this guy's facebook says he'll be on vacation (as of Sept 28th) with destinations unknown, and that he apparently frequents CO, it's possible.

I can see this guy is going to get a really fair trial...

Going on the assumption that there is no connection to JR's case, this dude really really really picked the wrong week to attack a little girl and leave her in a wilderness area!

PS. And in a state neighboring CO.

I read his ft job was in graphic design on one of his blog posts. (or at least it was at the time which was 08 or 09 IIRC)

Jessica's abductor is considered to be of the "organised" type which would fit with the career. He possibly found himself unable to work with other people which is why he changed to something more solitary.

IF this is him, I am glad he was caught. IF it is him, he has a wide range with his photography scanning many states. Maybe they will connect him to other crimes. Also, IF it is him, I am REALLY TICKED OFF that he is a photographer! I am a photographer and it sickens me that someone like this would be linked to my profession!

Edited for typo

I am saddened that someone that sees so much beauty in what most people would pass off as mundane landscapes can be such an ugly monster internally. His photos are so beautiful. :waitasec:

Time and distance from Cody, WY to Bozeman, MT.

Distance: 220 mi (about 3 hours 41 mins)

Appoximate

One of his siblings appears to have been a professional football player. I won't name him, not sleuthing him, but it's in his portfolio. Maybe that gave him some kind of inferiority complex, so he hurt little girls to make himself feel like a big man. :furious:

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Update from FBI on Cody, WYOMING abduction. Suspect arrested in Montana. Press Conference tomorrow at 10AM

Jesse Speer is an excellent (and moderately well known, at least around the West) photographer. He lives in the same area I'm from.

I'm pretty shocked right now, let me tell you.

People -- when they're saying it could be anybody, they really mean anybody. I would not in a thousand years have suspected this guy.

If someone said his name, would everyone in the area know who they were talking about?

On JS's facebook page on August 25th he surmises about how there is a <modsnip>;
It is devastating to think that perhaps JS's artistic talents and sensitivities, combined with an evil, sociopathic aloofness steered him towards a darker path within his art- perhaps photographing darker and darker contrasts of nature, life/death, devastation - horror.
It is hard to even type this knowing the contrast of the innocence of the victim(s) to the evilness of the possibilities.....

Quite a few disturbing quotes in that article. I'll use red for the real eye openers..eta article also confirms he has "kids"....

<modsnip>
Questions I have -

What is DeviantART? An unlucky naming coincidence?

What happens when his attempts to keep his brain "sane" fail?

What aspects of his "art" is he not "at peace with?"

Why does he have to encourage people not to feel "ashamed" of their art, which in his case, allegedly, is taking photos of trees and lakes? Why would any other photographer be ashamed of this pursuit?

:what:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back