Found Safe WY - Jordan Rae Lampus, 22 from Erie PA, van found on I-80, Laramie County, 21 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
**Missing Person - Suspicious**

Jordan Rae Lampus (DOB 10/27/97)

WY Highway Patrol located Lampus’ blue 2006 Toyota Sienna Van (PA License Plate GGL1167) parked on the side of the road near mile marker 374 today around 1000 hours. Lampus was not located. Troopers at this time believe this to be under suspicious circumstances.

Lampus is entered as a missing person out of her home town of Erie, PA.

Trooper S. Carraher (PAT 94) / Trooper J. Delles (PAT 58) are the investigating officers. Reference WY Highway Payrol Case # P2020-025667 if you have any information.

87182162_1941631465969549_7683272605041688576_o.jpg

The post says a blue 2006 Toyota van belonging to 22-year-old Jordan Rae Lampus was found at milepost marker 374 on Interstate 80 around 10 a.m.Sunday by Wyoming Highway Patrol Troopers. The license plate number was Pennsylvania GGL1167.

Wyoming Authorities Looking For Missing Woman After Van Found

WHP say they located Lampus’ blue 2006 Toyota Sienna Van, Pennsylvania License Plate GGL1167, parked on the side of a Wyoming road near Cheyenne, around 10:00 am Sunday.

Cheyenne PD seek information on woman missing under "suspicious circumstances" - Casper, WY Oil City News

This is odd. What could have happened? Where could Jordan be? Where was she going? The distance from Erie PA to Cheyenne WY is huge, about 1400+ miles! خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
Erie police seek information on the whereabouts of a city woman who was reported missing on Friday and whose vehicle was found in Wyoming on Sunday.

Jordan Lampus, 22, of the 1400 block of Pearce Park, was last seen shortly before 7 p.m. on Friday, police reported on Sunday.

A vehicle that Lampus was believed to have been driving was located in Wyoming on Sunday, according to police. Lampus had not been located as of Sunday afternoon.

Lampus is 5 feet 6 inches tall and has blond hair and green eyes. Anyone who might have information about her whereabouts is asked to call Erie police Detective Ronald Pilarski at 870-1229 or the Erie police officer in charge at 870-1120.

Erie police seek information on woman

Jordan doesn't have a ton of social media, at least not that's easily searchable. Found a Facebook and a Twitter, but no recent posts.

A person stating they are Jordan's cousin on FB said she is in school in Erie; Jordan's FB does say she attends Gannon University, which is in Erie. If she is in fact attending school, their academic calendar is available online and school is currently in session with Spring Break coming up on March 1st-8th.

Interestingly, Google pulled this link up from the BBB which lists someone with the same name as a paralegal at a law firm. It does look like Gannon offers a 4-year paralegal program, so maybe that fits? (Jordan's FB says she started university at Gannon in 2016). Could both be working as a paralegal and still going to school for post-grad studies.

Grasping at straws due to the lack of information. All the MSM says "suspicious", but not why. I made a lot of dodgy road trips in my old used car during my university days not far from Lake Erie, so this resonates with me.

Last edited:
So according to Google Maps, it's anywhere from 1,392 miles to 1,496 miles to get from Erie, PA to Cheyenne, WY. That's 20-22 hours of driving! Some of which could include toll roads, so maybe there's a record of when she passed through physical or electronic tollbooths, possibly even surveillance video that could show if she was alone in her car.

MSM says she was reported missing from Lake Erie, but not when or by who. Her car was found Sunday AM around 1000h local time; if true, individuals on Facebook indicated they saw her around 1100h local time on Saturday AM. Her mother posted on Facebook Sunday afternoon to alert friends and family that she was missing.

This article says last seen Friday shortly before 7 pm, presumably in Lake Erie, so if the Saturday sightings are true, she must have driven straight through (even then the math is tough), and Cheyenne likely not the final destination since the car was abandoned... Oh dear.

Jordan, I hope you were just on a spontaneous trip and your phone died and this will all turn out to be ok.

***Edited by me because apparently not good at geography or maps and got the mile marker location wrong the first time around....

Last edited:
CBS news, video at link. New info.

Noting:

1. Jordan's parents expected a visit from her on Sat, they live in Beaver Falls, PA (about 110 miles خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏).
2. They drove to her apartment in Erie after they were unable to reach her on Sat.
3. The front door was locked, but the back door was open. Iphone, Ipad and bag full of clothes were missing.
4. Phone pinged in Kearney, NE.
5 Jordan suffered a concussion and gets frequent migraines, possibly does not have her medication.

The last part is quite concerning. Perhaps Jordan had a very bad migraine and possibly got confused while driving to visit her parents?

Last edited:
CBS news, video at link. New info.

Noting:

1. Jordan's parents expected a visit from her on Sat, they live in Beaver Falls, PA (about 110 miles خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏).
2. They drove to her apartment in Erie after they were unable to reach her on Sat.
3. The front door was locked, but the back door was open. Iphone, Ipad and bag full of clothes were missing.
4. Phone pinged in Kearney, NE.
5 Jordan suffered a concussion and gets frequent migraine, possibly does not have her medication.

The last part is quite concerning. Perhaps Jordan had a very bad migraine and possibly got confused while driving to visit her parents?

The concussion and migraine piece is very concerning. I had a relatively minor concussion that I still experience some residual brain fog from when I am tired or stressed out or emotional... Confused road trip 1,000+ miles in the wrong direction hopefully a better theory and outcome than anything nefarious. Maybe the authorities can track the devices she may have taken with her as well.

Tina Lampus said that since searching for her daughter, she has learned that the 22-year-old never re-enrolled at Gannon, hadn't worked since November and was being evicted from her off-campus apartment March 2.

"A couple months ago, she slipped and she hit her head pretty hard, and she's been going to doctors' appointments to find out why she keeps getting these consistent migraines," said Tina Lampus, who thinks her daughter may be confused.

Tina Lampus said Jordan's phone last pinged Saturday in Nebraska and has been off since then.

JORDAN LAMPUS: Missing Erie woman's car found in Wyoming 'under suspicious circumstances'

Oh wow! So the parents thought that Jordan was attending university and in fact she wasn't? This is getting more and more unusual.

Tina Lampus said that since searching for her daughter, she has learned that the 22-year-old never re-enrolled at Gannon, hadn't worked since November and was being evicted from her off-campus apartment March 2.

"A couple months ago, she slipped and she hit her head pretty hard, and she's been going to doctors' appointments to find out why she keeps getting these consistent migraines," said Tina Lampus, who thinks her daughter may be confused.

Tina Lampus said Jordan's phone last pinged Saturday in Nebraska and has been off since then.

JORDAN LAMPUS: Missing Erie woman's car found in Wyoming 'under suspicious circumstances'

Oh wow! So the parents thought that Jordan was attending university and in fact she wasn't? This is getting more and more unusual.

Also sounding more and more like it could be mental health or post-concussion syndrome related. Very worrisome.

Gannon- is a very small co-Ed Catholic school. 4K in students. Beaver Falls, PA isn’t considered really big city either. Hubby & I both lived near that area- him most his life- me for about 6 years. Lots of hospitals, shopping, medical facilities & colleges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back