GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, who once defended Preppy Murderer Robert Chambers, will represent upper West Side nanny accused in the stabbing deaths of two young children

Yoselyn Ortega, expected to arraigned as soon as Friday, was charged with murder after allegedly stabbing Lucia Krim, 6, and her baby brother, Leo, 2, on Oct. 25. She then turned the knife on herself, slashing her own throat so severely she broke a bone in her neck, cops and sources said.

By Janon Fisher / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, November 8, 2012, 10:25 PM

Top-flight criminal defense lawyer Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, who once defended Preppy Murderer Robert Chambers, will represent Yoselyn Ortega, the upper West Side nanny accused in the stabbing deaths of a media executive's children, sources told the Daily News.

Van Leer-Greenberg, 60, who colleagues say cuts a bold figure with her large-frame glasses and blond hair, has taken on many high-profile media cases.

Aside from defending Chambers on a heroin charge, she represented the prime suspect in the death of Julliard student Sara Fox in an unrelated assault charge.

The litigator, who did not respond to requests for comment Thursday, has her work cut out for her in the "Killer Nanny" case...

--------

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/preppy-murderer-lawyer-represent-uws-nanny-article-1.1199260

... Read the comment at the link ...

the levels of insensitivity I have seen is huge if they are not on meds. BUT...when they are on meds I have to agree totally with what you say.

Amen Songline, have seen it to many times..Can go from the "most caring, giving, loving person" to total opposite...have a sibling that exactly portaits it to a tee..(Tho I will say, cant see her ever doing such a thing but who knows, we love her and know how to react during those times unlike someone who is not family.)

(Need to add, she works in professional world and meds work well 90% of the time..)

This defense attorney doesn't sound like she is a public defender. I wonder who is paying her salary, but something tells me no one is. She is likely doing this for the publicity and future book deal.

This defense attorney doesn't sound like she is a public defender. I wonder who is paying her salary, but something tells me no one is. She is likely doing this for the publicity and future book deal.
Lawyers sometimes tend to do it ... ( the GZ's lawyer, for example, at the beginning took GZ's case like that ... until some serious donations started to arrive ... then "free representation" ended :) )

Others maybe take it as some sort of a Self-Promo, advertising etc (knowing that the case is a "high-profile", widely publicized one)

Well it's a dirty job ... BUT someone has to do it, isn't it?

In US of A EVERYONE is entitled to legal representation... ;)

"Legally made" / "voted for" laws.. - have to live with them and by them then...

------

Wonder if Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg is a court appointed attorney as well, besides being some kind of, so called, "top-flight" one, as it was reported... :rolleyes:

I also have wondered whether the Krim's will have more children. Any house they live in now will be so quiet, compared to the lovely mayhem, squeals of excitement, yelling and laughter that comes in any house with pre-schoolers. I'm sure Nessie will remember her brother and sister, it will be indelibly in her memory, due to the screaming she heard, leaving her home and toys forever that day, and the subsequent change in her parents. I remember once interviewing some teenagers about what was the most memorable and traumatic thing about their parents divorce and their answer surprised me. They said leaving their lovely new house where everything was brand spanking new and leaving all their toys, to go into a very small house where they had no mod cons.

People have said how the Krim's have plenty of money, well that may have been the case, but it is a distinct possibility that neither of the Krim's will be fit enough to work ever again. Kevin works in an industry where trauma's are common, these will only serve to exacerbate things for him. He may go back to work thinking he will be ok, but after a few months or a year back at work, he may find he's no longer able to work. I hope this won't be the case for their sake, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it does happen.

Maybe a Judge appointed this top notch attorney on purpose. I have seen that done (where I live). The attorney is still paid out of the city/state budget.

She will get lots of PR... She does it for public recognition. :(
The way I remember it all her cases did get jail time, but I think they got out too.
MY PRAYER is that the B will NOT ever come out.

<modsnip>

Thank you for the wedding link. It states that Valerie & Howard live in Rockaway, Queens. That area was one of the hardest hit by the storm Sandy. Maybe this is why it has taken so long to announce Valerie as the defense council.

You just made me throw up in my mouth. :gasp:

She is a creepy Lawyer, and so is her husband. The cases they take nobody would want.
WHO wants to defend the obviously guilty? Not someone with a conscience.
And who would NOT want Justice for the victim. NOT someone with a conscience.
:furious:

All the people they defend DO go to Jail.

Darkman00, you are good. You even beat Google in finding this article about Ortega's attorney!

She is most likely taking this one pro-bono for the notoriety. Plus alot of these high profile attorneys love a challenge and it will be an uphill battle with this one.

Darkman00, you are good. You even beat Google in finding this article about Ortega's attorney!
What else is new... :great: ( Shhhhhh.... It might go to my head, however :) )

As to "dirty jobs" -- again .. all i can say is "someone has to do them" too :)

BTW, I think their son is an attorney as well, possibly in the same practice .. partner.

A horrible thought:(
Everyone thought they knew this nanny. I wonder if she had abused them and that day Lulu had threatened her w telling the Mum and it made her snap?

Just another theory I thought of.
It just seems people thought she was so child loviing and kind they wouldn't have suspected her of abuse when away from the Mother?

She is a creepy Lawyer, and so is her husband. The cases they take nobody would want.
WHO wants to defend the obviously guilty? Not someone with a conscience.
And who would NOT want Justice for the victim. NOT someone with a conscience.
:furious:

All the people they defend DO go to Jail.

I have asked this very question SO MANY TIMES about defense attorneys like Jose Baez and the like. They can't possibly have a conscience when they are willing to defend a baby killer. I could go on for days about Casey Anthony. I got entirely too caught up in that case because her and her parents just made me want to spit nails.

The law needs to change. These defense attorneys are permitted to go to nearly any lengths to defend their client, including raking innocent people through the mud for the sake of reasonable doubt. IMO that needs to change. If a person hasn't been accused of the crime and there is no evidence against them, then they should be off limits to accusations in the courtroom AND in the press.

Everyone thought they knew this nanny. I wonder if she had abused them and that day Lulu had threatened her w telling the Mum and it made her snap?

It just seems people thought she was so child loviing and kind they wouldn't have suspected her of abuse when away from the Mother?

Kids are very perceptive. Lulu might have been picking up on the nanny's unhappiness, or the nanny may have been getting short with the kids more and more. If Lulu told Marina that the nanny seemed angry all the time or was yelling at them, I can see Marina having a talk with her. And if she was depressed, it is possible the nanny didn't have the stamina to go to the park, out for walks….stuff like that. Depression can just zap your energy.

I strongly doubt this thought... but it's my opinion only...

-------

From the latest article above:

"...expected to (be) arraigned as soon as Friday"

If it's true ... -- YO's arraignment might occur today!

If you link to a case player- please make sure it is actually the case player.
Case player =directly involved in the case.
Don't post pictures or information about family members to any case player unless they are directly involved in the case.

gracias

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back