Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 20 & 21, 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to that brief commentary of the Nicks on Channel 5 - they think this is a strong witness with good points for the defense? I don't get that at all

wow i would not want her going after me...a real bulldozer

Excellent cross!
Except for when the judge says he can "explain" something. Not in my state, we call that "non responsive."

now watch her fail again...I could do a better rehab direct

Does anyone know if defense attorneys in capital cases have to be "death penalty qualified" in Tennessee? (In my state, there is no such requirement).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

a long "fuss" i think that is called cross and she says "no further questions"...she missed a whole bunch of things that could have rehabbed him a bit. She is just awful.

OMG I am shocked at the way the defense attorney whines and argues in front of the jury.

I feel like Thompson just gave up.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Maranda Faris‏ @MarandaFaris 7m7 minutes ago

Walker says he went to see if Britt wanted to talk to the TBI. Nichols says that isn't in his report. #HollyBobo

Maranda Faris‏ @MarandaFaris 8m8 minutes ago

Nichols points out again that the only reason Walker was talking to Britt was at the request of Terry Dicus. #HollyBobo

https://twitter.com/MarandaFaris?lang=en

a long fuss??!! :D wow getting good here!

Does anyone know if defense attorneys in capital cases have to be "death penalty qualified" in Tennessee? (In my state, there is no such requirement).

I looked that up the other day. There are requirements about how long you must practice. To sit on a DP trial you have to have a certain level like practicing criminal law for x years and undergoing special training. To be lead attorney you have to meet higher qualifications, including being co-counsel on a DP case.

Was John Walker's offer of proof testimony (without the jury present) showing that ZA couldnt be responsible? Im just not sure how that wouldve helped the defense??

it is obvious that Nichols was really unhinged at the witness...i mean he just testified that yet another guy confessed...this is all too confusing for anyone to get death penalty...he is going to get a lesser .

I looked that up the other day. There are requirements about how long you must practice. To sit on a DP trial you have to have a certain level like practicing criminal law for x years and undergoing special training. To be lead attorney you have to meet higher qualifications, including being co-counsel on a DP case.

TY! I think most states have similar requirements, but not in Texas.

Listening to that brief commentary of the Nicks on Channel 5 - they think this is a strong witness with good points for the defense? I don't get that at all

Yeah I went from thinking he was, to on cross thinking he was a dud witness.

How can he be testifying about stuff he said when he said he wasn't there to get "testimonial evidence"?

This defense witness wound up helping to discredit a lot of Discus' testimony imo

i am concerned that so much talk about Britt is going to catch on with at least one juror.

:seeya:

Yes, that is a possibility.

:thinking: Also, Shayne Austin - who committed suicide ?

:thinking: Jason Autry - will they believe his "story" ?

This case has had NO shortage of suspects ... so many to pick from ...

:moo:

Attorneys must meet the requirements under Supreme Court Rule 13 in order to represent a defendant in a capital case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member