Zach Adams on trial -kidnapping/murder Holly Bobo 9/20-22, 2017 GUILTY

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why you can't talk about their previous crimes and other behavior. Someone shouldn't be convicted just because they are a rotten human being. But the idea that video of the defendant committing the crime could be considered prejudicial drives me bonkers. I call that proof!

Yes, but there are other serious issues about the video even if found.

Chain of custody would be a big legal issue to overcome. Someone would have to testify to its authenticity ...........most likely the one who made the actual video. I don't see that happening not now or ever.

Griggs said Dylan identified Jason Autry as being in the house as well. Autry was indicted on April 29 on charges of kidnapping and murder in the case. Griggs said Dylan's original story he told the family was that Zach would not allow him in the Adams house the day Dylan saw the girl with blond hair.

Griggs said that Dylan told his mother, Cindy Adams, that the girl in the house was not crying, asking for help or pleading for her life.

"I would like to add, I am concerned for Dylan's safety after today's charges," Griggs said Tuesday after the rape charges against Dylan were announced. "Again, I do not know if he had an attorney present, if he was coerced into saying he did this. It's a complete change from his initial story in which he said Zachary would not let him in the house and told him he would kill him if he ever told anyone what he saw."

I had not recalled this ...but it's in total conflict with what JA testified during the trial. Interesting. Thanks.

According to DA's reported testimony, HB was taken to ZA's,

He placed Holly at Zach's house the morning of her disappearance, according to the TBI," Griggs said on Sept. 23. "He can't say what time, what she was wearing, what she was doing, whether she was dead or alive, but just enough to get them an indictment against Zach and the charges dropped against him."

According to DA, he had nothing to do with HB, and HB was unharmed when he saw her.

Griggs said Dylan told the family that he told the TBI he saw a girl with blond hair at the house, but that all he saw was her hair.

"He couldn't remember if the girl was standing up or sitting down, and he couldn't remember what she was wearing and only thought the girl was Holly," she said.

Griggs said Dylan identified Jason Autry as being in the house as well. .... Griggs said Dylan's original story he told the family was that Zach would not allow him in the Adams house the day Dylan saw the girl with blond hair.

Griggs said that Dylan told his mother, Cindy Adams, that the girl in the house was not crying, asking for help or pleading for her life.

Good points!

Fits in with za saying "I couldn't have picked a prettier b__" and "I let Shayne hit it." He took ownership of this crime and put himself in control of it and according to him he decided who, when, what, and where.

It sounds like ZA thought he was rewarding SA by him getting to rape her first since he was the one who most likely kidnapped her for all of them under ZA direction imo. What a . They all are such sickening lowlifes. :mad:

We were never actually told, but at the time there were some educated guesses that made sense. In early 2014, there was some sort of conflict in the ZA world over a theft of some pearls, and within that there were threats made. ZA and others got arrested, and it was rumored he had made threatening remarks to someone (his girlfriend, maybe?) that referenced HB. They actually went from that to a massive search warrant of his property (in which it was assumed they found all sorts of incriminating stuff re the HB case), and the charges regarding HB soon followed. From what we now know, they apparently found absolutely nothing incriminating from that search, which seems odd in retrospect, considering how things have transpired from there.

Dear SteveS,

I appreciate your detailed and insightful posts.

Although (you knew this was coming!) I don't agree with your conclusion, I greatly admire your honesty in expressing how you came to your conclusion.

Your posts demonstrate that you have combed through the evidence and testimonies, as have I, - we've just arrived at different conclusions.

Tips regarding the four accused as possible suspects were coming in as early as July 2011 (or earlier as I am just relating to Karen Bobo's testimony).

Karen Bobo testified that when she and Clint spoke with Zach and Zach asked Clint to describe the man who took Holly - after Clint described the man - Zach replied "That was Shayne".

This sticks with me. Why would Zach incriminate someone who closely associates with him? Half the county wore camo when hunting so why in the world would the one person who wore camo that morning be "Shayne"? Flabbergasts me. I find this to be revealing, if not incriminating towards Zach. This is only my view and opinion of this.

On the stand, TBI agent testified that it was unfortunate that they didn't follow up on the alibis of the four accused in 2011.
Would that have made a difference?

Would evidence have shown up in July 2011 that didn't in 2014? Who knows?

Your posts are thoughtful, detailed and evident that you want justice in this case. We just believed different points of evidence.

I had not recalled this ...but it's in total conflict with what JA testified during the trial. Interesting. Thanks.

According to DA's reported testimony, HB was taken to ZA's,

He placed Holly at Zach's house the morning of her disappearance, according to the TBI," Griggs said on Sept. 23. "He can't say what time, what she was wearing, what she was doing, whether she was dead or alive, but just enough to get them an indictment against Zach and the charges dropped against him."

According to DA, he had nothing to do with HB, and HB was unharmed when he saw her.

Griggs said Dylan told the family that he told the TBI he saw a girl with blond hair at the house, but that all he saw was her hair.

"He couldn't remember if the girl was standing up or sitting down, and he couldn't remember what she was wearing and only thought the girl was Holly," she said.

Griggs said Dylan identified Jason Autry as being in the house as well. .... Griggs said Dylan's original story he told the family was that Zach would not allow him in the Adams house the day Dylan saw the girl with blond hair.

This is Dylan's statement and we've heard a few versions of this. One included a green chair, too. As someone else pointed out about the gallery in court, Holly was certainly not the only blonde young woman in Decatur County. For all we know, that could have been someone else and ZA simply didn't want to be bothered with his brother at that time. It's also possible Dylan was scared and said whatever he thought they wanted to hear. Or that he was scared and got confused. And, I'll concede, he could also have been 100% correct. But, even then, he said he never got a good look at her, that he only thought it was Holly.

Thanks, zencompass.

Re the statement by ZA to KB, I find it to be logically weird, in relation to JA's testimony that both SA and ZA were involved together.
- Why would ZA identify him, if SA was a partner with ZA in the crime? That makes no sense.
- But it would make sense for ZA to point at SA if ZA did it, but SA didn't.
- And it would make sense for ZA to point at SA if ZA had nothing to do with the crime, and was simply saying what he thought to be the truth.

Thanks, zencompass.

Re the statement by ZA to KB, I find it to be logically weird, in relation to JA's testimony that both SA and ZA were involved together.
- Why would ZA identify him, if SA was a partner with ZA in the crime? That makes no sense.
- And it would make sense for ZA to point at SA if ZA had nothing to do with the crime, and was simply saying what he thought to be the truth.

Or it could have been an unguarded comment. We are talking about a meth head. I don't think we can expect him to be using good sense or self-control. And, if you believe he tried to have his brother killed, and shot his mother in the knee, clearly his only loyalty was to himself.

[video=twitter;911293482668609538]https://twitter.com/burtstaggsnews/status/911293482668609538[/video]

[video=twitter;911294193150066688]https://twitter.com/burtstaggsnews/status/911294193150066688[/video]

Burton Staggs ‎@burtstaggsnews

#Hollybobo Reports indicate that TBI Director Mark Gwyn has arrived

1:20 PM - Sep 22, 2017

RBBM: Well ain't that interesting ...

:moo::moo::moo::moo:

I think some news is coming in the next hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting ready for a post verdict press conference.

Thanks, zencompass.

Hi SteveS,

I agree - there was no logic to Zach stating "That was Shayne".

Zach could have blurted it out, not realizing that by incriminating SA, Zach was incriminating himself.

I believe it was because "Miss Karen" asked him this question. Zach was, after all, answering to Miss Karen who was his fourth grade teacher. Zach may have said "that was Shayne" without even thinking about his close association with Shayne.

People have been known to reveal things unwittingly, especially in periods of great pressure.

I believe that Zach did not realize in that moment how he ended up revealing or incriminating himself by saying Shayne's name.

Solely my opinion - I think Zach said this without thinking. Perhaps showing "Miss Karen" that he was being helpful and concerned and then blurted that out.

Was Zach trying to show "Miss Karen" that he wasn't such a "bad" person - that he could be "good and helpful"?

Then did Zach suddenly realize what he had done?

I don't think Zach would have said that statement to any law enforcement - but being in the presence of a former teacher from grade four, I think he forgot himself and said that. I think he wanted to "look good in her eyes" because he hadn't looked good in anyone's eyes for quite awhile.

Chain of custody would be a big legal issue to overcome. Someone would have to testify to its authenticity ...........most likely the one who made the actual video. I don't see that happening not now or ever.

This is true. But I think the biggest issue is whether "the video" was ever anything more than a theory or a rumor.

A lot has been assumed about the evidence in this case over the years, in the controversy over whether the state was providing full discovery of all the damning evidence they supposedly had. But we've found out at trial that much that was rumored and assumed (such as there being a lot of evidence found at ZA's home, such as physical evidence tying these guys to the crime, such as incriminating evidence found with the body, such as a case built on something other than some sort of paid testimony or jailhouse snitches who ZA unburdened himself to) proved to be completely wrong.

This is true. But I think the biggest issue is whether "the video" was ever anything more than a theory or a rumor.

A lot has been assumed about the evidence in this case over the years, in the controversy over whether the state was providing full discovery of all the damning evidence they supposedly had. But we've found out at trial that much that was rumored and assumed (such as there being a lot of evidence found at ZA's home, such as physical evidence tying these guys to the crime, such as incriminating evidence found with the body, such as a case built on something other than some sort of paid testimony or jailhouse snitches who ZA unburdened himself to) proved to be completely wrong.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly if it were not for Sandra King.

I believe she did not want to come forward because she didn't want to get involved (her words).

But her conscience ate her up and after 2 weeks she called TBI.

She was told the girl in the video that she saw was Holly Bobo.

And then a nice convenient denial from Jeff Pearcy also saying his ex-wife's name is Holly so there might have been confusion

Um, no. Not confusion over seeing someone tied up and claiming it was a rape video when showing it. If there was a mistake, is he saying he raped his ex-wife named Holly?

Jeff Pearcy was blowing smoke after the fact.

Video existed.

Sandra King saw it. I did believe her witness of this.

Let me just add that Mark Percy, Jeff's brother, who was initially also involved with this video - the one who supposedly filmed it - he was convicted of statutory rape in 2000 with a 14-year old.

I find it strange that papaw Adams stated that Dylan was in bed at his house when he left for work that morning, yet Jason stated Dylan a few hours later was in the doorway of Shayne's trailer with no shirt on. It was March and I don't think Dylan was running around shirtless that day. Somebody is lying and I don't think it was Papaw Adams.

There are 8 charges not including lesser alternatives. With what I saw at trial if there is a quick verdict I would find it suspect.

JMO

Regardless of the verdict, I hope TBI is asked hard questions about this case and their many, obvious failures. And that people are held accountable.

I love a good conspiracy theory (according to my kids more than most, lol) but, just no.
I cannot believe any of these defendants are being railroaded.
I don't even have the words to describe the class and grace the Bobos have conducted themselves with throughout this entire ordeal.
Not for one second do I believe they would be satisfied with putting just anyone in jail -
they want justice for Holly - justice being the guilty punished.
Not just a conviction to put the case to rest.
If the Bobos did not think ZA, JA, DA, and SA were guilty I believe they would say so and still be seeking the truth.

BBM: Respectfully, I disagree ...

I have followed this case from the get-go, and had high hopes that a great case would be presented by the State for Justice for Holly ...

Actually, I am still stunned by the case the State presented -- or should I say LACK of a case/evidence -- the State presented. I was not expecting much from the defense, but the State, I was expecting much more, considering the impression they gave to the public.

I just cannot ignore the news stories regarding "Prosecutorial Misconduct" and "Corruption" in Tennessee:

Shelby County DA Amy Weirich ranked highest in Tennessee for misconduct

Katie Fretland, USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee
Published 4:31 p.m. CT July 13, 2017 | Updated 12:22 p.m. CT Aug. 1, 2017

A Harvard Law School project ranked Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich highest in Tennessee for prosecutorial misconduct in a study released Thursday.

Researchers with the Fair Punishment Project reviewed court opinions involving allegations of prosecutorial misconduct in California, Louisiana, Missouri and Tennessee from Jan. 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2015.

"In the time period we reviewed, the Shelby County District Attorney General’s Office had the highest number of misconduct findings—with more than a dozen—and the most reversals in Tennessee," according to the report.

Link: http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...l-tennessee-prosecutor-amy-weirich/475649001/

Just saying - NOT accusing: Jennifer Nichols, the prosecutor in Holly's case, is from the Shelby County D.A. office ...

And then the corruption:

8 former Decatur County officials indicted after investigation

Eight former Decatur County government employees and officials were indicted after an investigation and audit by the Office of the Comptroller of Tennessee, according to a news release.

Also indicted were former mayoral administrative assistant Martha Graves, former EMA director James Kevin Cagle, former Solid Waste director Robert W. Haynes, former EMS director Mark R. Hayes, former Chief Deputy of the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department William Scott Cagle, and Pamela Brasher, former Jail Administrator of the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...cials-indicted-after-investigation/685953001/

Too many things just do not make sense ...

:moo::moo::moo::moo:

I am quoting my own post to add:

Even if they did find a copy of the video from say, the Pearcy Brothers' phone that was sent to them by someone it would still not be admissible. The state would be required to produce the original to make sure nothing had been altered in any manner. A copy would be legally inadmissible.

It is like a copy of a Will or a copy of any document for that matter, it is not legally recognized in a court of law.

I find it strange that papaw Adams stated that Dylan was in bed at his house when he left for work that morning, yet Jason stated Dylan a few hours later was in the doorway of Shayne's trailer with no shirt on. It was March and I don't think Dylan was running around shirtless that day. Somebody is lying and I don't think it was Papaw Adams.

There are 8 charges not including lesser alternatives. With what I saw at trial if there is a quick verdict I would find it suspect.

JMO

It was the middle of April (4/13) not March. Of course I don't recall the weather that day but it can get warm here in the middle of April. IIRC KB said they discussed the weather that morning - cool but expected to warm up - thus Holly wearing short sleeves and flip flops. Also I see people all year long in shorts and flip flops when I am freezing - so I don't find it unbelievable Dylan was shirtless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne