Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of us from work are planning a road trip to Hickory this weekend. What we think we are going to accomplish, I do not know. We just wanna help out if we can. We all work for the GCSO, but we are going as civilians. Of course, DH doesn't think this is a very good idea.

I wish I could be there too! I think its a beautiful idea. Even if you don't physically get to do much, the show of love for another human, that you have never even met, is what it's all about. And to show her father and step mother that in all their effort to destroy Zahra, their actions have brought people together in awe of this beautiful girl.
imo

A group of us from work are planning a road trip to Hickory this weekend. What we think we are going to accomplish, I do not know. We just wanna help out if we can. We all work for the GCSO, but we are going as civilians. Of course, DH doesn't think this is a very good idea.

Gosh, I'd love to go. I think we're about 3 hours away...Hubby just had surgery and I can't leave. Even if you aren't allowed to help..I don't think they could stop you from searching other places on your own, just being there for little Zahra shows your love and support.

Maybe if someone would fix Rad a nice hot lunch he'd give us more info. :) He's getting sick of salads.

I've got a lasagna in the oven for dinner...think that would help?

nice map sunset, but i think the pond drain yesterday was right off christy road beside the tower. you could see the tower in the photographs.

it would be nice to know exactly where on the roads that the prosthesis was found, and the bone was found.

i have been studying this map for a couple of hours in google earth and that stretch where ekard pl turns off is secluded, with visibility in each direction. there are no houses that are in view. this would be particularly important if they were out at night.

i haven't found anyplace near that is as well suited.

Late afternoon/evening update:

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25637372/index.html

He talked to investigators. No confirmation on the bone yet, could take a week or more. They wouldn't say if they found anything new or not today. Will be out again tomorrow searching. The same number (40-50) searchers.

It would be nice if something could break before Zahra's birthday. She would have turned 11 on November 16th.

I'd really like to see an arrest(s) before then.

It would be nice if something could break before Zahra's birthday. She would have turned 11 on November 16th.

I'd really like to see an arrest(s) before then.

An arrest for her birthday would be wonderful!

I am getting the idea that little Zahra is in pieces thrown out in different places.......
also in the last video above
a lady says Zahra has no one to mourn for her..............we are!
But did she mean Zahra's whole family?
I wonder if locals think that since EB/AB seem not to care.
Does EB's family care? Makes me wonder if any of them can love being how they were raised????
AB, KB and brother, no word from any of them???

I am getting the idea that little Zahra is in pieces thrown out in different places.......
also in the last video above
a lady says Zahra has no one to mourn for her..............we are!
But did she mean Zahra's whole family?
I wonder if locals think that since EB/AB seem not to care.
Does EB's family care? Makes me wonder if any of them can love being how they were raised????
AB, KB and brother, no word from any of them???
****MOO****
The Grandma and Uncle came here from Australia and from the video I saw of AB being evicted KB looked absolutely devastated
****IMO****

I sure hope we won't see the Ant's all over again

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25633451/index.html

New video from search today!

Christie Road, east of Hudson, is shut down for the second day in a row as investigators comb through the woods. Approximately 40 people began a methodical search of the area at about 9 a.m.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25633414/detail.html

I wish we had a mysterious zillionaire Websleuther that would create a Websleuths plane (kinda like the BAU on Criminal Minds has) that could swoop all over the place and pick up all of us WS'ers that would like to help search but can't get to different States.
Just a wish. A HUGE wish. indeed.

you think they would hide the body on someone's property thinking the cops wouldn't look in those areas?

Oh sure.
When Lisa Stebic & Stacy Peterson went "missing" LE asked that all farmers and people with large land parcels, especially with out buildings, to do a thorough check of their properities to look for them.

nice map sunset, but i think the pond drain yesterday was right off christy road beside the tower. you could see the tower in the photographs.

it would be nice to know exactly where on the roads that the prosthesis was found, and the bone was found.

i have been studying this map for a couple of hours in google earth and that stretch where ekard pl turns off is secluded, with visibility in each direction. there are no houses that are in view. this would be particularly important if they were out at night.

i haven't found anyplace near that is as well suited.

Yeah I know the pond, it's closest to the road.
It's not my map ... I just borrowed it to find the area they were searching.

This is my first post here and just wanted to say that I was impressed with the information and integrity of the site.

Regarding prosthetics, my daughter is an above knee amputee since 6 months old and not to throw anyone off but during times of illness, surgeries, growth spurts etc she would require anywhere from 4 - 10 new prothesis's a year....i simply cannoth fathom how this young girl had not had a new prosthetic in 2 years

Exactly. And YOU know all about fittings!

18.gif
To Websleuths!

I wish your daughter only the best of health always. :)

I wish we had a mysterious zillionaire Websleuther that would create a Websleuths plane (kinda like the BAU on Criminal Minds has) that could swoop all over the place and pick up all of us WS'ers that would like to help search but can't get to different States.
Just a wish. A HUGE wish. indeed.

If I ever win the lottery after I give my tithe to the church and pay my debts I would definitely do something like that and you all would be invited! I'd also make grants available LE could apply for to help fund searches for missing children.

Of course I'm talking about a big lottery win!:angel:

Thank You. I think it's great you and your friends are going to help look.

When I asked dh where he'd dump a body besides a landfill or water, he said a quarry(?) especially one that had some standing water. If that's any kind of help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member