ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to the interview between LE and Richard Grund, he clearly says Zenaida Gonzalez, about 8:15 on the tape

‪p1/5 - Richard Grund Police Interview Tapes - Casey Anthony Case Witness‬‏ - YouTube

So from the beginning it was ZG and/or Nanny and the first time anyone hears the name Fernandez is in the 911 call. (Interesting that the first house on the street is owned by a Hernandez Gonzalez.) Sounds like a last minute embellishment on KC's part as she road past his house with CA on the night of the 15th. It's possible.

The difference with the civil trial is that the focus will now be on the lies. The whole case will be based on KC ability to lie without consideration of who she hurts and her inability to feel any remorse whatsoever after she has done so. They could not do this in the criminal trial but civil, everyone will not see KC as she was painted during the ciminal trial. She can lower her chair to the floor and people will still see her for what she is. Spitefull.

KC's attorneys are not trying to keep this from going to trial because of a small payment of $15,000. Her attorneys are afraid of what an outraged jury might award ZG. jmo

KC's attorneys are not trying to keep this from going to trial because of a small payment of $15,000. Her attorneys are afraid of what an outraged jury might award ZG. jmo

Yeah, a jury of her peers acquitted her of murder. Any logical jury, which it will never get that far, is going to take a look at this 40 year old C. Zenaida and along with Casey saying, hey thats not her, and thats not her name, its over. Her Lawyers were awesome yesterday with getting this pushed back to October. Morgan looked stupid. jmo

She has been acquitted in a court of law.

I have also noticed a change of tone in the networks as well reguarding Casey. I think Baez shot off a letter saying, you call her a murderer or anything like that, we are going to sue the pants off you. Actually, I bet Baez will sue NG and a majority of money that will have Casey living well for the rest of her life will come from her. jmo

If KC tells all, next jury in a civil court will not be so complacent in their judgment. "First time shame on you....second time shame on me" should rule the day. KC will have no protection in a civil court and it would be a waste of her money. Only people who would make money are the attorneys. lol

Since JB enjoys the media circuit I doubt he would cut off his nose to spite his face. He is who he is today because of the media not due to his performance in court. jmo

We live in a litigious society. Overly so, imo. However, ZG's defamation suit against Casey Anthony is justified, imo. It is the reason civil defamation suits exist.

Whether ZG wins or is unable to prove defamation, ZG is a victim of Casey Anthony's intentional lies to point blame away from her own actions and crimes imo. Casey was convicted of lying to police in regards to her missing daughter. A major crux in her web of lies was blaming a woman who had the same first and last name as Casey's scapegoat fictitious nanny, had visited the same apartment complex identified in Casey Anthony's lies, etc... Casey Anthony may have used details of the real ZG's life to transform her fictitious nanny into a real live scapegoat; the civil court will hear evidence and decide if defamation exists or not. At the very least, Casey Anthony knowingly allowed her lies to negatively impact ZG. Casey Anthony never admitted to her lies (even when she knew LE and the media had identified a ZFG in the area) and, thus, encouraged LE, the media and her family to pursue an innocent ZG.

ZG did not fake a slip in a supermarket to bilk easy money from a corporate entity. She didn't intentionally cause a fender bender to scam some innocent party out of insurance money. She did not fake a work place injury so she could falsely collect workers compensation while she lounged around. ZG was innocently going about her life as a singly mother when she was very publicly victimized by a pathological liar and implicated in criminal activity. She was investigated by LE as a suspected kidnapper and her name was all over the news in a very negative context because of Casey Anthony (Fernandez or no Fernandez, it was broadcast both ways)...

So, for those that think Mr. Morgan will have a hard time proving Casey's intent to defame ZG, I respect that opinion and can also see some of the challenges. However, it is extremely disheartening to read some suggesting that ZG is unjustified in correctly using the civil court to fight for justice and restitution for the damages that she and her attorney feel have been perpetrated upon her by Casey Anthony. To suggest that ZG doesn't deserve restitution for what she perceives has been taken from her (because she had little to begin with) is just plain wrong, imo. To suggest that ZG should not pursue this privately-funded civil suit for her own personal motives (clear her name, financial restitution...) is short-sighted, imo. We are talking about a victim trying to get the truth from a convicted criminal who cost the Florida tax payers and the justice system hundreds of thousands of dollars because of her malicious and criminal lies and actions. ZG is a victim of Casey Anthony's lies, imo. Casey Anthony is not the victim of ZG's motives. Casey Anthony is not a victim, no matter how many sappy interviews Dorothy Clay Simms gives; Casey Anthony is a perpetrator, not a victim. Those who she victimized have a right to seek legal justice against her. Caylee was, of course, the biggest victim and her justice will come later in a different realm, imo. Here and now, ZG is entitled to seek justice from the civil court system and hopefully a fair and just decision will be rendered ...

If ZG loses her defamation case, it won't cost anyone a cent. ZG will simply have been unable to prove what she and her lawyer consider a viable defamation case. One side always loses. Conversely, if ZG and her lawyer are able to prove to a civil judge that Casey Anthony's actions are evidence of defamation against ZG, ZG is entitled to whatever she receives in a court of law. ZG may be rewarded by simply getting Casey to FINALLY admit personally and publicly how/why she came up with the details of ZFG. She may also be awarded some financial restitution for the damage caused to her by Casey Anthony's lies. Win or lose, she deserves her day in court and I'm glad she is not giving up simply because Casey Anthony never seems to be held appropriately accountable for her lies and actions...

JMO...

:goodpost: I couldn't agree more and frankly don't understand what happened that suddenly caused ZG to become the bad guy here. IMO, what ever justice can be gotten out of CFCA at this point isn't enough and I am all for taking whatever we can get.

If KC tells all, next jury in a civil court will not be so complacent in their judgment. "First time shame on you....second time shame on me" should rule the day. KC will have no protection in a civil court and it would be a waste of her money. Only people who would make money are the attorneys. lol

Since JB enjoys the media circuit I doubt he would cut off his nose to spite his face. He is who he is today because of the media not due to his performance in court. jmo

If Caseys lawyers thought Z would win a dime, they would offer a settlement. But they have a strong enough case against Z she probably will be paying Casey. Hopefully Casey has the funds allocated to some charity group that deals with people exploiting situations to get cash.

Yeah, a jury of her peers acquitted her of murder. Any logical jury, which it will never get that far, is going to take a look at this 40 year old C. Zenaida and along with Casey saying, hey thats not her, and thats not her name, its over. Her Lawyers were awesome yesterday with getting this pushed back to October. Morgan looked stupid. jmo

Is there any video of the hearing?

I don't believe Nancy Grace could be sued for anything. She reported on publicly-released details of the investigation, publicly posted pictures, interviews with Casey's family members, publicly-released jailhouse tapes, publicly-released depositions and transcripts obtained by media as a result of the sunshine laws.

I am not always a fan of Nancy Grace and she sometimes sensationalizes the facts, imo. However, the show is "today's news, her views". I don't recall Nancy making definitive statements that "Tot Mom" is guilty of murder as fact. She reported on all of the lies and bad behavior of Casey Anthony (true facts) and broadcast what was already available to the public. Her panel of attorneys, medical professionals, and psychologists analyzed the facts and weighed in with opinions, as did Nancy herself. JMO, but this is simply freedom of speech in action.

Lies weren't perpetrated by Nancy Grace to make Casey Anthony look bad. Nancy Grace broadcast Casey's own lies and behavior; Casey Anthony makes herself look bad. Casey Anthony's lawyer admitting in open court that everything out of Casey's mouth is a huge lie will make it hard for Casey Anthony to accuse anyone of maligning her. This isn't the Melinda Duckett case where Nancy Grace was accused of pushing a suspicious mother so far that it pushed her over the edge into suicide. This is a case of Nancy Grace reporting on the mother of an innocent missing/murdered baby who seeks to blame everyone else and transparently hide the truth and escape her responsibility. A mother who lied publicly, partied publicly, and had every opportunity to tell the truth to LE and the public for 3 years. Casey Anthony perpetuated the public's perception of her by her own actions and her own choices; nobody made Casey Anthony look bad but Casey Anthony.

Casey Anthony is not the victim of Nancy Grace's broadcast. Casey Anthony is not the victim of ZG's motives. Casey Anthony is, at the very least, guilty of intentionally lying to police and celebrating while her 2 year old daughter was presumed missing and later found to have been murdered while in her mother's care. Casey Anthony is the perpetrator of malicious lies and criminal activity; she is nobody's victim...

No, but she knew someone who lived there named Dante.

ZG drove an old Kia. Casey said ZFG drove a 2008 silver Ford Focus.

It was June. ZG didn't actually do the writing on the card. The manager filled it out for her.

Did KC ever say Ford Focus? I tried to find it last night...I know Leonard said that KC told him ZFG had a silver Ford Focus, but I don't put stock in anything he says.
KC also knew KatieSue, who did live if not work at Sawgrass...did VickiA live there, too?

"Zanny" is street name for the drug Xanax. IIRC, Clint or one of Tony L's roommates said if ICA had referred to the nanny as Zanny, it would have raised eyebrows since Zanny=Xanax. I wonder if Jesse or anyone else didn't think the name Zanny was strange.
If she was questioned about the name early on (by JG say), AND she was using Xanax as a sort of "babysitter" for Caylee to knock her out, she would have to search for a real name to avert suspicion that she was drugging Caylee. One of her friends may have said, "Your babysitter is named after Xanax? Huh?" Since she went to school with a Zenaida, and if you had to quickly come up with a "lie/real" name that sounds similar to "Zanny", I suppose the name Zenaida could come to her mind. After that, she just stuck with that name, because no doubt someone along the way would have found it odd to have a real babysitter named after Xanax. Where the Fernandez-Gonzalez came from, who knows? But she had 2 years to come up with the full name when the kidnapper Zanny became the excuse for her missing Caylee.

It's possible Cindy told Casey to give Caylee a pill to quite her at night maybe not Xanax but cough syrup or something else and she didn't think it was that big of a deal. Her friends might have known but, were in denial. I have known young 23 year olds that did this. i wasn't close enough or friends but, their generation and in some circles see popping pills as a solution to everything and think it's even safe to do so.
I think her boyfriends knew and didn't ask any questions or were in denial.

You're assuming the majority of the woman on this jury would be 20 something when the average age will more likely be between 40-60 and mostly women. When people are falsely accused of a crime by the person who committed the actual crime all sympathy lands in the victum's lap. Most people are not that shallow but would pay attention to KC's history of lying and the fact that her lies and stealing from her family and friends have caused considerable pain and hardship to them. And then, she stomps on them like they were a bunch of fireants.

The only one looking stupid would be the attorney who told the judge he was prejudical so the judge reclused himself. Let's check, shall we. HHJS was asked to recluse himself by CM, CM asked HHJP to step aside claiming he was being biased by CM, now Judge Rodriquez is accused of being prejudical by Greene who by-the-way is reported as working in the same office as CM. Let's hope the new judge has no nanny for her children or she will be the next to go.

KC's lawyers knew exactly what they were doing. New judge with a full calendar would have to push the trial back. Attorney Greene had a trial starting so they already knew there would be no deposition because trial's take precedence over depos. And, Morgan looking stupid. How so? The way I see it is M&M made every attempt to get her deposition taken, within their rights because KC is suing ZG, by suggesting a time convenient for KC to give her deposition. But her attorney faught it. If KC does not show for the deposition in October it will appear she has something to hide. I think M&M made their point if KC is a no show. "See folks she never intended to take this deposition that we waited for, in good faith, until the end of her trial." It's all about perspective and what the public will believe. KC's behavior is not going to help her win any of those lawsuits in the end. jmo

Probably too off topic to even post this here but each time I hear about the 'nanny' I think back to CA....what a controlling person she was/is and how she must have not ever tried to find anything out about ICA's nanny..........makes no sense to me...she just assumed that ICA was intelligent enough and a good enough mother to have selected a nanny who the family never saw not one time.....never.........boggles my pea brain it does, IMO.

I don't believe it for a second. I think she was also in denial.
I also thought the nick name she gave her friends was code for Cindy and they knew it. To make fun of her mom who probably took Xanax to sleep. Had a friend who called his mom Sleeping with Prince Valiant. I asked he said she takes lots of Valium to sleep.

If Caseys lawyers thought Z would win a dime, they would offer a settlement. But they have a strong enough case against Z she probably will be paying Casey. Hopefully Casey has the funds allocated to some charity group that deals with people exploiting situations to get cash.

Pfft! That would go to the KC Partying Away the Frushtration Fund!

I am not sure about your first thought...why did Kasen say KC would admit she lied only if ZG dropped the suit? That implies she was lying (duh) but that she doesn't want to give an assist to ZG by admitting it while the suit is open, no?

Pfft! That would go to the KC Partying Away the Frushtration Fund!

I am not sure about your first thought...why did Kasen say KC would admit she lied only if ZG dropped the suit? That implies she was lying (duh) but that she doesn't want to give an assist to ZG by admitting it while the suit is open, no?

Yes. I think M&M came out publicly and said they would drop the suit if KC would just say this is not the person who took her child. KC refused. Now they want us to believe the baby drowned accidentally so why did KC refuse to clear ZG? I think we all know the answer. jmo

Did KC ever say Ford Focus?

CASEY ANTHONY: Silver Ford Focus 2008, four-door. The windows aren't tinted. It's very basic. There's a pink floral carseat on the right passenger side, in the back seat...

KC also knew KatieSue, who did live if not work at Sawgrass...did VickiA live there, too?

I don't know. She had a friend (Annie) who lived with a guy (Dante) at Sawgrass.

Casey's description of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez (Zanny the Nanny): 25 yoa, 5' 7" tall, 140 pounds, brown curly hair and brown eyes. Born in September. Allegedly lived at 2863 South Conway Road (Sawgrass Apartments), #210; however, this apartment had been vacant since February 29, 2008. Drives a 2008 silver Ford Focus purchased by her step-father, Victor Fernandez. She has no children. She has a sister who is 1-2 years older, Samantha, unsure of last name.

CINDY ANTHONY: Did anybody ask you to describe her and they did a composite drawing of her?

CASEY ANTHONY: Not once. And when they went and interviewed that girl down in Kissimmee, they never showed me a picture of her.

(CROSSTALK)

CINDY ANTHONY: OK. Now, they told us...

(CROSSTALK)

CINDY ANTHONY: Well, they told us that you couldn`t pull her out of a line-up.

CASEY ANTHONY: They`re full of (EXPLETIVE)! I had told them multiple times, Find a sketch artist, show me pictures. Show me something. I can point her out to you.

This left the door wide open for random people, her neighbors, freinds of her friends, etc., to go after the girl from Kissimmee. This is a flat out lie. Why would KC lie about seeing the DAVID pictures? To leave her options open? As if to say that, maybe if they had shown her the photo of ZG from Kissimmee they would be able to find Caylee? That is the nature of the conversation she's having with Cindy, after all, finding Caylee. Why would KC specifically mention someone she knew did not have Caylee, unless she wanted that person to be a red herring?
As M&M told Mr. Luka, the heart of defamation is the falsity of the claim. KC, by her defense's own opening statement, admits there was never a Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, a Zenaida Gonzalez, Sanchez, Smith or Williams. No Zenaida.
She refused to rule out Zenaida from Kissimmee SPECIFICALLY. She did not mention a girl from Tampa, or Hollywood, or Jacksonville...she opened her dopey mouth about the girl from Kissimmee. In not ruling her out, the end result was:

According the the plaintiff, she lost her job and her apartment. We have debated whether that is true, but it is what the plaintiff will have the burden of showing. Would be helpful to see ZG's original affidavit.

ZG says she received death threats. Again, would like to see the affidavit, but the plaintiff will make this claim under oath. And her word trumps Princess Lair's every day of the week. Hopefully, M&M will be able to use a lying to LE conviction against KC in this case.

"They call me bad words right from the beginning and tell me they are going to do bad things to my daughters for what I did to little Casey, I mean Caylee," she said.

We can sit here and type back and forth to one another about how we know that KC did not mean this Zenaida (or any Zenaida), but for every one of us, there is a kook out there that thinks they're a vigilante. It is not, to me, out of the question that someone, somewhere, gave her a hard time for her name, said nasty things to her, reported her to the tipline, etc. Just because we know better does not mean casual observers knew.

What I am also curious about is how many Zenaidas LE interviewed face to face. the easy answer is just one, but do we know that for sure? if she is the only one LE took seriously, that adds heft to her case as well, IMO.

Sorry to be redundant, just putting it all out there again and now I'm pooped!! I still believe M&M biggest hurdle is KC claiming ZFG had no kids, and this ZG has 6...but M&M can argue that, again, the wierdos that went after her did not know enough about the case to know about the children involved, and they harrassed her and caused her suffering regardless.

Jayla: Your post about Princess Liar made me laugh.

And in the new Star Wars picture coming to theaters near your will be:
Princess Liar played by CA
Darth Evader played by LA

I'm pooped, too, as you can see.

Do any of you think that George or Lee are considering filing a civil lawsuit against Casey? I think they should. I don´t think Cindy will do it.

Sorry to say - I don't think this suit will go anywhere .
I wish it would but I doubt it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member