ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Tate. What I forgot to mention about judgments and their enforceability is that, should they not be paid in 20 years, they're renewable for an additional length of time. And usually when judgments are properly docketed, they're even reported to credit bureaus. So, depending on what parties get sued, and I heard Morgan say 'there might be others,' it could prove to be very difficult for the defendants, when they lose, to forget what they did to this innocent woman. And, p.s., Z apparently knows where her kids are. That automatically gets her plus points in my book!

Awwww... Thanks for that information, Ezryder...

And agreed on Z knowing where her kids are. I think she's in a very good position to win!

I didn't see a link, so I'm presuming that's opinion, right? Well, I would think it defamatory if someone used my name in the same article with a reference to a kidnapping, much less in the same breath! When Z's name was put out there, the bell was rung and the snowball started downhill.

Can you share one derogatory comment that either Casey or the A's have made against ZG? Not against the non-existent ZFG, but against the ZG who is suing Case.

I agree, it can all be traced back to Casey in that Casey used the name ZG, but Casey also said she was not THE ZFG. LE said she was not involved. Let's say there is a real ZFG who did take Caylee, should Casey not have been able to give the name ZFG to LE in case some other person had a similar name?

If I say a guy named Fred Flintstone stole my car and LE shows me pictures of a dozen guys named Fred Flintstone, should I expect to be sued by the eleven guys I say are not the thief?
You are missing part of the point Chilly. the police may have cleared her, but we know that not everyone is buying that. Many have formed their opinions based on KC's story. We have a local teacher that was accused of selling drugs and guns to kids on campus! What can be worse for a teacher? He was cleared almost immeidately(within 24 hours) yet, this stigma will stay with him as a teacher for a long time. not everyone is convinced he is clear. Just human nature to be suspicious I guess.

Your Flintstone theory hardly rises to the level of this case and that in and of itself is part of the problem. KC has weaved (woven?) such a tale of lies with a baby at the center it has captured everyones interest. So,it is from there that some of these damages will arise. Any ordinary crime, I agree with you, probably no damages to be found, but this is no ordinary case.This is the whole point of going to court and hammering out all points of law and see what is proper.

Well, I suppose if the guy that stole your car actually was THE Fred Flintstone, it would capture some attention for sure :)

Can you share one derogatory comment that either Casey or the A's have made against ZG? Not against the non-existent ZFG, but against the ZG who is suing Case.

Ummmm, let me think...ZG stole my daughter?

No, I did not see the my space - figured it was not my business to delve into ZG's life. After learning how many names Casey made up based on the names of people she went to school with and that there was a girl named Zanaida at Casey's school, I can believe it was a coincidence that she came up with that particular name. What sense does it make to use the name of someone she knew looked at the model apartment and that left a phone number where they could be reached by LE? How would Casey even have access to that information?

That's the 2 million dollar question .

I concur. Going the pro se route will work, imo, but setting damages to someone that was already unemployed is not that easy. Oddly, I would swear that I heard Zanny was 26, this woman is 37.. anyone?
Hi Blink.
I think potential earnings would be the key and perhaps a touch of emotional distress.
I think you are right about the ages and there is some mention of it on this thread.
But then again, I am 37 and I look 26.

:bang:<----Jbean

You are missing part of the point Chilly. the police may have cleared her, but we know that not everyone is buying that. Many have formed their opinions based on KC's story. We have a local teacher that was accused of selling drugs and guns to kids on campus! What can be worse for a teacher? He was cleared almost immeidately(within 24 hours) yet, this stigma will stay with him as a teacher for a long time. not everyone is convinced he is clear. Just human nature to be suspicious I guess.

Your Flintstone theory hardly rises to the level of this case and that in and of itself is part of the problem. KC has weaved (woven?) such a tale of lies with a baby at the center it has captured everyones interest. So,it is from there that some of these damages will arise. Any ordinary crime, I agree with you, probably no damages to be found, but this is no ordinary case.This is the whole point of going to court and hammering out all points of law and see what is proper.

Well, I suppose if the guy that stole your car actually was THE Fred Flintstone, it would capture some attention for sure :)

An excellent explanation JB. Thank you. :clap:

One of the first steps in winning a case like that against the fiction writers is to show that the writer was aware of or had knowledge of the real person to start with and then based their character on that real person. There is nothing to indicate that Casey knew of ZGF (who is not ZG) when she gave her name to LE.

There was the fact that she is half Puerto Rican and half black, that was a huge leap for Casey to guess that, and if you look at her ZG's myspace you will see a picture of mom who is Puerto Rican and Dad who is black. Also, the straight hair, curly hair that Casey describes - again in her myspace you can see she alternates. (You probably can't see her myspace now, come to think of it, but I took a very good look when it was not private).

Casey outright accused a person by the initials of ZFG of being her nanny, of taking her child, of a connection to Sawgrass. IOW's she gave enough personally identifiable info to LE to allow ZFG to be identified. Later Casey denied even knowing ZFG. Just because she changed her mind doesn't mean she shouldn't hold Casey responsible for that. I hope she does win.

And not only that, Casey lawyered up, LE can't even ask her questions. But Casey only has two options for this lawsuit. Go to court and testify or skip court and pay off whatever damages the court gives her. IOW's if she doesn't go to prison, she won't have the money to party and she will be eating beans for a looong time. LOL, she will be lucky to be able to afford hamburger once in a while.

But if she goes to court, she will have to answer questions about what she says that ZFG did with Caylee, where she did it, why she did it, where she got ZFG's name and info and lots of other questions about this matter. And I can almost guarentee you that investigators and district attorneys will be sitting in the audience taking notes.

And she won't be getting any manicures, either! :)

I have to take a quick second here to commend everyone for debating the merits of the case, without dragging ZG through all the carp which really lowers the level of conversation.
As I say, if things change and she opens herself up, then the rules and limits on ZG may change.
But until then thank you all very much. It has been nice to post tonight instead of deleting.

But the ZFG Casey named is not the same ZG that looked at the apartment, according to Casey. If she hadn't said that from the start I'd be inclined to believe that the real ZG has grounds for a law suit. In the case of the teacher accused of selling drugs and guns, what if some other guy with a similar name filed a suit because some members of the public confused the two and refused to believe he was not involved? If he did, would he file against the person who accused the teacher, or against the people who were harrassing him?

What if there really is a kidnapping ZFG? I'm kind of afraid that if I report a crime and someone has the same name I give police, I'll get sued.

Especially if Wilma was riding in the car with him!!

Originally Posted by Chilly Willy

I'm sorry, but that was funny right there... I don't care who you are!

LarrytheCableGuy.jpg

I have to take a quick second here to commend everyone for debating the merits of the case, without dragging ZG through all the carp which really lowers the level of conversation.
As I say, if things change and she opens herself up, then the rules and limits on ZG may change.
But until then thank you all very much. It has been nice to post tonight instead of deleting.

TY Bean I enjoyed reading your posts too :clap::clap:

Can you share one derogatory comment that either Casey or the A's have made against ZG? Not against the non-existent ZFG, but against the ZG who is suing Casey.

Exactly-- I've been watching this discussion and wanted to jump in.
Building on Ezyryder's point-- a plaintiff in a defamation suit doesn't even have to actually be named to have a claim. To be actionable, the D's statements must only be those which a reasonable person would believe refer to the P. "ZG at Sawgrass" would definitely qualify, IMO.
Casey made a false accusation against an identifiable person. Personally, I don't think this was a big coincidence either.

I agree, it can all be traced back to Casey in that Casey used the name ZG, but Casey also said she was not THE ZFG. LE said she was not involved. Let's say there is a real ZFG who did take Caylee, should Casey not have been able to give the name ZFG to LE in case some other person had a similar name?

If I say a guy named Fred Flintstone stole my car and LE shows me pictures of a dozen guys named Fred Flintstone, should I expect to be sued by the eleven guys I say are not the thief?

Nah, you probably wouldn't be sued by any of them for that info. But if you named Fred's daughter, described his car, gave an address that he was known to be associated with, described the situation in which he took the car from you, then later denied even recognizing him after claiming to have seen him face to face... then maybe. Esp. if it is proven that you had not had the contact with him that you claimed to have had, and he maybe had an alibi for the time that you claimed that he took the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member