ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to think of the lawsuit. I do know what I think about the rest of this mess.

You're going about your business, look at an apartment and weeks later the police are at your door, your name is everywhere, folks are all in your myspace and accusations and suspicion are haunting you at every turn. A day in the life turned upside down, by a small thing like apt shopping.

You're a young mom, you party, party, party, collect lovers like butterflies, fight with your parents, lose your child, fail to contact police, refuse to further work with and help police find your child. People from all over come out of the wood work to pay your HIGH bond, pay 250,000 for some photos and home movie of a lost child. Offer 2 million dollars for the story surrounding the mess you've made. You now have cameras on you like B Spears and you're running around with body gaurds.

It seems pretty messed up and slanted to me. I think there should be no profit for anyone on a small lost little girl, Caylee. One that we're not certain at this point if she's dead or alive. She just sits out there god knows where and as we watch this sick situation unfold. If Casey can make money, then hey, why not give the person who faded some heat for Casey have something as well. I mean my words! If Casey can make money off this chit!

The names are different, Casey said ZFG did NOT have kids, the ages are different, the car may be different, Sawgrass could be a coincidence. I don't think it's going to be that easy.

I guess we'll see!:)

Exactly-- I've been watching this discussion and wanted to jump in.
Building on Ezyryder's point-- a plaintiff in a defamation suit doesn't even have to actually be named to have a claim. To be actionable, the D's statements must only be those which a reasonable person would believe refer to the P. "ZG at Sawgrass" would definitely qualify, IMO.
Casey made a false accusation against an identifiable person. Personally, I don't think this was a big coincidence either.

See, that's my point. Casey specifically said right from the start that it was not this ZG, so it is not reasonable for a person to continue to think that it is. Casey identified ZG as NOT being involved, she did not make a false accusation against her. She made a false accusation against an imaginary person.

But the ZFG Casey named is not the same ZG that looked at the apartment, according to Casey. If she hadn't said that from the start I'd be inclined to believe that the real ZG has grounds for a law suit. In the case of the teacher accused of selling drugs and guns, what if some other guy with a similar name filed a suit because some members of the public confused the two and refused to believe he was not involved? If he did, would he file against the person who accused the teacher, or against the people who were harrassing him?

What if there really is a kidnapping ZFG? I'm kind of afraid that if I report a crime and someone has the same name I give police, I'll get sued.
Would you say that once LE cleared ZG everyone believed her and that was the end of it?
The point I am trying to make is it doesn't matter if it wasn't her. People still think it was HER and that she is the one; and because of that, she has been harmed. You are speaking sensibly and it shouldn't harm her, but it is. Look how hard it has been to shut down conversation about her possible involvement here at the forum. People want to talk about the possibility. She is living the possibility.
Don't get me wrong, I still do not think she will prevail. I am only arguing the point that she certainly has enough in her corner to have a competent attorney argue this case. It has some merit imo, enough to win? don't know.

As far as your last comment, i cannot help you there Chilly. Do what you are confortable with.

TY.........I knew Casey said ZFG was like 25, no kids, going to college, had two roomates......so far as the park/script story that is what RD says he was told, but your right it was a sister Sam. & her kids..........

so what next ???? the sister Sam. is going to also file a lawsuit ????

If Sam has a sister named ZG, who was at the Sawgrass and drives said car.. I guess she could!

See, that's my point. Casey specifically said right from the start that it was not this ZG, so it is not reasonable for a person to continue to think that it is. Casey identified ZG as NOT being involved, she did not make a false accusation against her. She made a false accusation against an imaginary person.

I see your point. I think it's probably up to interpretation, since Casey DID say the ZG photo wasn't the ZG. But given Casey's subsequent statements about how she couldn't cooperate with authorities or elaborate because she was being threatened etc, it is IMO reasonable to think "ZG @ Sawgrass" reasonably identified her. But I get what you're saying. You might just be too reasonable for the law. :)

But the ZFG Casey named is not the same ZG that looked at the apartment, according to Casey. If she hadn't said that from the start I'd be inclined to believe that the real ZG has grounds for a law suit.

What if there really is a kidnapping ZFG?

<<snipped>>

I hate when this happens. A thought occurred to me. How do we know the ZG who is suing is not ZFG? I don't recall that LE asked her her middle name. And something else...KC sometimes refers to the nanny as Z, ZG, and ZFG. Not in my mind being able to rely on anything that KC says, I must reiterate. LE, according to the doc, contacted ZG. They had to get there somehow. There are a bunch of them in Florida. All over the place. How'd they get to this one??? Too many coincidences for my liking.

And what if? What's that phrase? When donkeys fly?

True, she did, although that's been totally misrepresented. The 911 operator clearly asked if Casey was a protester or a resident - she answered resident. People twisted that into her refusing to give her name.

She also answered, "I'm the resident," when the dispatcher asked for her name.

Would you say that once LE cleared ZG everyone believed her and that was the end of it?
The point I am trying to make is it doesn't matter if it wasn't her. People still think it was HER and that she is the one; and because of that, she has been harmed. You are speaking sensibly and it shouldn't harm her, but it is. Look how hard it has been to shut down conversation about her possible involvement here at the forum. People want to talk about the possibility. She is living the possibility.
Don't get me wrong, I still do not think she will prevail. I am only arguing the point that she certainly has enough in her corner to have a competent attorney argue this case. It has some merit imo, enough to win? don't know.

As far as your last comment, i cannot help you there Chilly. Do what you are confortable with.

Would I say that once LE cleared ZG everyone believed her? Of course not. But whose fault is that? Casey said right from the start it wasn't the same ZG. If not for that, I'd believe this lawsuit has merit. Casey did not accuse this ZG. She accused a person named ZFG and said this ZG was not that person. If people refused to accept that, I don't see how Casey can be held responsible.

Would I say that once LE cleared ZG everyone believed her? Of course not. But whose fault is that? Casey said right from the start it wasn't the same ZG. If not for that, I'd believe this lawsuit has merit. Casey did not accuse this ZG. She accused a person named ZFG and said this ZG was not that person. If people refused to accept that, I don't see how Casey can be held responsible.

JBean?

No, I agree that Casey is a resident of the household and also that homeowner's insurance does cover libel and slander up to the amount of coverage purchased, usually $300,000. I suppose the insurance company might attempt to make a case against paying based on the fact that Casey had moved out, if ZG wins the case.

I was merely commenting on all the hoopla that was made over Casey stating that she was a resident - when the fact is she was specifically asked whether she was a protester or a resident. Sometimes there is so much spin on this forum that it's difficult to keep the facts straight.

Moved out to where? What is her current addy?

He starts off immediately with a falsehood, saying that ZG is the nanny named by Casey. It has been proven that she is NOT the nanny, even the person making the accusation said she is NOT the nanny.

ZG is the name of the nanny accused by KC. Knowing that THIS ZAG is the one at the Sawgrass, would a "reasonable man" assume she was the one accused? The courts will decide.

Meanwhile, she is the one injured, not KC.

This Morgan guy is too funny. Saying ZG is not working "partly as a result of this case". Oh, there he goes, admitting she was not working when this happened. He's going to be in for a big surprise when he sees the police reports and ZG's interviews.

My guess is that he already has them. Now, what would a reasonable man assume, about the ZG from Sawgrass?

I don't know-- I think the public policy reasoning behind defamation law is to protect innocent people from others intentionally damaging their reputation. Casey didn't pull a Diane Downs and accuse a "bushy haired stranger," she chose an actual name which would obviously correlate to a real person. And she accused the person of that name of a crime. I think it's in the interest of justice to punish such false accusations as defamatory. I don't know if ZG will win, but I do think she has a fighting chance. -- Especially if it can be proven that Casey saw the actual ZG's card at the Sawgrass office (which I bet she did-- but that's just my guess.)

But there is a reason people couldn't or can't accept it and that reason is KC.
Remember KC led us to believe that she couldn't speak freely or Caylee would be harmed. I know I was highly suspicious of this ZG because KC named her, then said it wasn't her and then basically said I couldn't tell you if it was her anyway because she may hurt Caylee. She left far too much guess work in the mix even after she said it wasn't THAT ZG. I was even more unsure after KC said it wasn't her. Is that my fault? No, it is KC's fault. The public has been left with nothing but confusion with regards to ZG and this case. So to simply say that she was cleared by LE is not enough.

Moreover, it can also be argued that this was the ZG that KC had in mind when she made up her story. Perhaps this ZG was just the inspiration for the mythical ZG. I actually think that she was in some roundabout way. There is a connection, but we don;t know what it is.

Since there are more than one ZG and Casey did not directly accuse her, I don't believe she has a leg to stand on. People will sue for anything. Her reputation is not stained. No one believes there is a ZG let alone believes that she is the ZG.

That why she's getting the hate mail?

I don't know-- I think the public policy reasoning behind defamation law is to protect innocent people from others intentionally damaging their reputation. Casey didn't pull a Diane Downs and accuse a "bushy haired stranger," she chose an actual name which would obviously correlate to a real person. And she accused the person of that name of a crime. I think it's in the interest of justice to punish such false accusations as defamatory. I don't know if ZG will win, but I do think she has a fighting chance. -- Especially if it can be proven that Casey saw the actual ZG's card at the Sawgrass office (which I bet she did-- but that's just my guess.)
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members