CA Zoe Penrod, 39, of Myers Flat, 1 Jan 2024 *reported missing by fiancé*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I used to live in the hills outside Myers Flat. This is in southern Humboldt County in the redwoods, and a big marijuana growing area. Usually missing person cases are related to growing. But this case looks much different. Post-partum psychosis is very serious. Years ago, a wonderful woman I later became friends with had suffered from it and almost starved her baby. Fortunately, she received treatment in time. I hope Zoe is found in time. She looks like a lovely Mom in her photos.

Unfortunately, her fiancé is being ripped apart by some in the Red Headed Black Belt comments. I’m not sure why he waited overnight to report her missing, but some mistakenly think a waiting period is required. I don’t see any reason to suspect him of anything at this point. He was dealing with a very difficult situation while caring for their baby.

As shown on the map, Boy Scout Rd is close to the South Fork of the Eel River. So that’s a big concern.

JMO

My friend’s granddaughter had postpartum psychosis. She ran off in the middle of the night and they were able to trace her phone. She was hiding under some furniture in an abandoned house in the woods. She’d had three babies within 14 months (one a set of twins) and fortunately given them up for adoption. She got treatment but she wasn’t able to work for months. I had heard of PPD but not psychosis. It can be life-changing. Just MOO

Last edited:
"Local volunteers answered a call to action by Southern Humboldt County mother, Misty Carrico, and gathered at the Myers Flat market on the Avenue of the Giants yesterday to search the immediate area"

God Bless Misty for organizing this search. Hoping Zoe is found safe, soon

From the link…
Carrico was inspired to help find the missing new mother because her two young daughters went missing in Benbow in 2019 bringing international interest to the story. Luckily the two were found forty-four hours later after enduring two cold nights in the forest. Given her firsthand search effort experience, she was called to lend a hand to help find Penrod.

I remember when Misty’s little girls were missing. It was so scary and such a relief when they were found. It’s wonderful of Misty to pay it forward.

From the link…
Carrico was inspired to help find the missing new mother because her two young daughters went missing in Benbow in 2019 bringing international interest to the story. Luckily the two were found forty-four hours later after enduring two cold nights in the forest. Given her firsthand search effort experience, she was called to lend a hand to help find Penrod.

I remember when Misty’s little girls were missing. It was so scary and such a relief when they were found. It’s wonderful of Misty to pay it forward.

I remember the girls too! MC made an interesting post on the Hey Garberville What's Going On - fb page.

Also from the article:

Well-known Southern Humboldt tracker and firefighter, Diana Totten, commented on the case, noting a stark change in Ms. Penrod’s appearance. “Her looks have changed,” Totten said. Totten noted that Zoe may look very different from the photos initially shown of the smiling mother. Totten also mentioned a possible sighting of someone resembling Zoe in Southern Humboldt (SoHum), highlighting the challenges of identifying individuals who may blend into the homeless community due to personal struggles.

1705027212904.jpeg

Also from the article:

Well-known Southern Humboldt tracker and firefighter, Diana Totten, commented on the case, noting a stark change in Ms. Penrod’s appearance. “Her looks have changed,” Totten said. Totten noted that Zoe may look very different from the photos initially shown of the smiling mother. Totten also mentioned a possible sighting of someone resembling Zoe in Southern Humboldt (SoHum), highlighting the challenges of identifying individuals who may blend into the homeless community due to personal struggles.

View attachment 473983
Hoping the local houseless community is taking care of Zoe and she is found soon

Last edited:
https://kymkemp.com/2024/01/10/hcso...g-woman-prompting-search-north-of-myers-flat/
from the article:
"...Church shared that searchers were given a flyer with a surveillance image of a person in what appeared to be a green bathrobe bathroom and green slipper-type shoes walking past the Drive Thru Tree located at the north intersection where Boy Scout Road meet the Avenue (highway 254)."
This is good news! Zoe was going in the opposite direction of the river!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back